:3

We took our pet bunny Panda to the vet today. He hadn’t eaten anything in about a day and stopped pooping/peeing which is a very bad sign for bunnies. We had to leave him at the vet and we later got a call saying that he has an obstruction in his gi tract. It is hard and not moving. They are giving him meds and trying to get him to eat, but so far nothing. If they can’t get it to move, that could mean the end for him. He’s an older bunny, so I don’t know what the prospects of surgery might be, but I doubt they are good. Even with a good result, he may only have a little bit left anyway, so it may not be worth it in the long run.

Anyway, they are keeping him over the weekend which is a bit of a crapshoot. They are not open on weekends and just have someone stop by twice a day to check on the animals with them.

So, basically this could be it. We may never see him again. :(:(:(:(

There was a cursor animation that turned your pointer into a buzzing fly. That one was especially popular with the felines.

--Patrick

We took our pet bunny Panda to the vet today. He hadn’t eaten anything in about a day and stopped pooping/peeing which is a very bad sign for bunnies. We had to leave him at the vet and we later got a call saying that he has an obstruction in his gi tract. It is hard and not moving. They are giving him meds and trying to get him to eat, but so far nothing. If they can’t get it to move, that could mean the end for him. He’s an older bunny, so I don’t know what the prospects of surgery might be, but I doubt they are good. Even with a good result, he may only have a little bit left anyway, so it may not be worth it in the long run.

Anyway, they are keeping him over the weekend which is a bit of a crapshoot. They are not open on weekends and just have someone stop by twice a day to check on the animals with them.

So, basically this could be it. We may never see him again. :(:(:(:(
Heard back from the vet who checked in today and Panda is “out of the woods.” He’s moving around and acting “feisty” again which is normal for him. He has not passed the mass yet, but he is eating and every indication is that he will be ok. They still want to keep him for the rest of the weekend to be sure, but his outlook is significantly better.

:aaah::aaah::aaah::aaah:

Edit: A pic of my boy, I've posted it before, but it's the best one I got.

LX5L26e.jpg

Last edited:
The worst has happened. Panda took a turn for the worse over the weekend and passed away this morning.

Thank you for all the well wishes and I am going to assume further support here, but I am not likely to come back to this thread anytime soon.

Emergency! I'm getting the cat in only 3 weeks, not the 2 months I thought. I need a name. He's currently cheeto which isn't happening for... reasons. He's just not getting orange so cheddar is out but now I have less time to pick a name. Help me halforums.

Cat tax
IMG_1074.JPG

"Mangiapesci" (Italian for "it eats fish"), or "Pesci" for short (for the eyes). Nevermind, I was obviously thinking of Steve Buscemi's eyes, but then the rest of it doesn't work. Darn.

An aside: while trying to type "mangiapesci," my phone tried to correct it to "Mango apes exist."

--Patrick

Last edited: