[NFL] NFL Thread

Hey, it's what Favre and Romo have most in common.
Favre didn't have an owner who hyped him as the Second Coming or the NFL equal to Lebron. And then failed to provide a team that would even come close to meeting those expectations.

The hype machine is so strong, he was named as Phil Simms' replacement as the #1 color guy at CBS before the Cowboys even released him. What's up with that?

Favre didn't have an owner who hyped him as the Second Coming or the NFL equal to Lebron. And then failed to provide a team that would even come close to meeting those expectations.

The hype machine is so strong, he was named as Phil Simms' replacement as the #1 color guy at CBS before the Cowboys even released him. What's up with that?
Because Phil SUCKED as a sports caster.

I guess the Texans get Romo after all...

He's got a nice face.

Or had one, anyway - is he still with Jessica Simpson?

Also, the NFL doesn't even like the NFL's equal to Lebron. They fought for more than a year to suspend him for a month for nothing.

Well, I did hear that it was a lot of hot air - or something like that.

But when did LeBron start dating a supermodel?

I'm saying the NFL has hate-on for their star quarterback, the guy who's going in the record books as the best ever so far, and they try their best to label Brady a cheater, punishing him for possibly knowing about a plot that they never actually proved happen in the first place.

It's funny.

I'm saying the NFL has hate-on for their star quarterback, the guy who's going in the record books as the best ever so far, and they try their best to label Brady a cheater, punishing him for possibly knowing about a plot that they never actually proved happen in the first place.

It's funny.
But we weren't talking about Brady. We're talking about Romo. He's the one his bosses were publicly comparing to LeBron.

But we weren't talking about Brady. We're talking about Romo. He's the one his bosses were publicly comparing to LeBron.
Aye.

My Brady comment was meant as an aside. You were talking about the Cowboys talking up Romo as the NFL's Lebron - so I was contrasting that with the NFL's real Lebron.

Steelers patriarch and former US Ambassador to Ireland Dan Rooney has died at the age of 84.

This reddit thread is full of Ravens and Browns fans coming in to pay their respects. Many long time Browns fans have a soft spot for Mr. Rooney because he was one of the votes against the Browns moving to Baltimore.

About the only thing I don't like about that is the wake of people whose lives he ruined or ended. I would hope that he was on suicide watch at whatever prison he was in, and hope that his suicide didn't affect the guards that much - though knowing this lowlife, it probably did.

Dave

Staff member
I'm conflicted about this one, truthfully. On the one hand, domestic violence is bad and I'm glad that the NFL is taking a stand on it. On the other, this girl was super pissed when Zeke broke up with her and witnesses say she threatened to "ruin his career". Meanwhile, police say there's no proof and her story kept changing so they would not press charges.

He might be getting railroaded on this, but I also don't feel I know enough to say whether or not the NFL did the right thing.

And no, this has nothing to do with the infamous "shirt lifting" incident.

Dave

Staff member
Oh and something else about this? The guy in charge of the investigation and punishment is John Mara. Co-owner of the New York Giants. Last year their kicker, Josh Brown, was convicted of and admitted to years of physical abuse. He was suspended for only 1 game.

Of course, he being the kicker for the Giants and the Cowboys being in the same division of the Giants have nothing to do with this decision, right?

Oh and something else about this? The guy in charge of the investigation and punishment is John Mara. Co-owner of the New York Giants. Last year their kicker, Josh Brown, was convicted of and admitted to years of physical abuse. He was suspended for only 1 game.

Of course, he being the kicker for the Giants and the Cowboys being in the same division of the Giants have nothing to do with this decision, right?
Aww.

This counters my joke argument that of course the NFL is gonna come down hard on guys, just in case video surfaces afterwards again.

*smdh* Jesus, Mara.

I think they need to make investigations and punishments like this 1) NFL regulated and 2) have an independent stadf with no team ties for it.

The only way that'd happen is if Goddell let slip he voted for Hillary.
You don't remember the little matter of Teh Donald getting blackballed by the NFL, getting the USFL to sue to force a merger, and winding up with a whopping $3 return on investment? You don't think he's still holding that grudge?

Trump can't touch the NFL or his base will turn on him.

Well, maybe not the Southerners, but his fans in Ohio, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania would

In the state of Wisconsin, given the choice of the Packers or Trump, an overwhelming amount of people would choose the Packers.