1. Welcome to Halforums!

At Halforums, we value everyone's input. Please feel free to post without having to create an account. You will have to complete a few more steps than a full member and have to put up with this annoying notice on every page. If you want to join, click Register and start talking!

Already a member? Login Now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to Halforums!

At Halforums, we value everyone's input. Please feel free to post without having to create an account. You will have to complete a few more steps than a full member and have to put up with this annoying notice on every page. If you want to join, click Register and start talking!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  6. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice

[NFL] NFL Thread

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by blotsfan, Sep 8, 2016.

1. blotsfan

blotsfan Upper Crust

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB1,158
    Its kinda ironic that this blatant tank is going to lead to the first Bills jersey I've ever bought. I freaking loved EJ Gaines in college.

2. blotsfan

blotsfan Upper Crust

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB1,158
  3. Covar

Covar It's Clobberin' Time!!!

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB525
    NFL memes summed it up best.

IMG_1779.JPG

• Funny Funny x 4
    • LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!! x 1
  4. BErt

BErt Longstanding Member

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB521
    L O FUCKING L

• Funny Funny x 3
    • LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!! x 1
  5. PatrThom

PatrThom Genuinely Curious

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB3,039
    We already knew they were Christians.
    Here's where we find out if they are greeeeeeeedy little Christians.

--Patrick

6. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Hoopy Frood

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB688
    First NFL football game it will be open for is December 7th vs New Orleans. Other stuff, including soccer and concerts it will be open for before then.

7. blotsfan

blotsfan Upper Crust

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB1,158
    IIRC the owner is genuinely committed to keeping it closed on Sundays, which makes sense or he would've opened them years ago. Also IIRC, the sons are waiting for him to die so they can do so.

8. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Hoopy Frood

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB688
    S. Truett Cathy passed away in 2014. They kept the closed on Sunday.

9. blotsfan

blotsfan Upper Crust

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB1,158
    Then I guess I didn't RC.

10. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Hoopy Frood

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB688
    I think it was more of a baseless speculation that they would change it after he passed. Not sure that anyone that was suggesting it actually talked to anyone associated with the Cathy family.

11. BErt

BErt Longstanding Member

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB521
    To be perfectly honest/fair...it's their choice to open or not on a Sunday. Being completely open/not open doesn't discriminate against anyone. And I know there are Thursday games and Saturday concerts and other events that the restaurant will be open for; I just found it hilarious that a VERY popular restaurant wouldn't be open at a venue on it's most popular day.

...at the same time, - per the article - I applaud the other attached restaurant for capitalizing by having a similar "COS (Closed on Sunday)" chicken sandwich available for football.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Back to Back Champion

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB2,937