[NHL] 2016-2017 NHL Thread

It doesn't matter what team wins that thing, it gets paraded somewhere near me every year. Often in so many very small parades, like the one in my grandfather's town, where the Cup was placed in his lap as he sat in a lawn chair in his front yard.

I actually think it would be harder to see the thing if the Leafs won it (ha!)
A Pens player married my neighbour (growing up) and brought the Cup to our street.

Ah-HA! The truth comes out!

Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk
And that was the weekend my parents were away, and I lived far away by then. Apparently it was quite a big party for our street.

By familiar relations I should be a Buffalo fan, as my sister once dated the best friend of a Sabres farm team back up goalie for a while.

Fuck offsides challenges.
Love how you can call back literally 40 seconds of hockey because some pixels can't determine if the blade was on the ice or not. Pens got the puck back on that play, they lost it then it led to goal.

These challenges suck, they're there to determine shit if the puck went in or not under the goalie or if the goalie was interfered with on the play. Off-sides? Fuck off, why hire linesmen then?

To me it felt like, "we don't want to down a goal, let's challenge", and literally sucked the wind out of the sails. GAME SUCKED.

It's the FUCKING FIRST GAME OF THE STANLEY CUP FINALS IDIOTS

Also, Rinne, stop sucking.

Last edited:
You know that I'm not one to cuss, but in this case, I'll make an exception.

Fuck you and the refs you've basically bought off.
Goes both ways. The GDT in r/penguins was full of bitching about non-calls and various Preds beating up opponents with impunity.

And it's even now. Both teams have had a goal overturned on an offsides call. :p

I like it.

I love it.

I WANT SOME MORE OF IT.

By the way? Nashville is now undefeated as a franchise in the month of June. :)

I told you I'm rooting for Nashville, but man... @jwhouk ? The catfish? Really? C'mon...
Look, I'm for a one-a-game thing, but we have a bunch of rednecks on the bandwagon that don't know better.

I actually PSA'ed a "report them if you're in the arena" message on Twitter last night after the third one.

Oh, bleep you, you lying sack of hobo. You're Canadian. It's practically a requirement that you want the Stanley Cup Finals or be ostracized by the rest of your male social circle.

I was running a Scout camp all weekend, didn't even have cell phone service.

No phones, no lights, no motorcars, not a single luxury!