[NHL] 2016-2017 NHL Thread

Reactions
459 145 19
The Sabres arena is now KeyBank Center. I was just getting used to First Niagara Center too.

Reactions
318 104 5
On this date, 18 years ago, the NHL was introduced to the goal song that permanently put "Brass Bonanza" to shame - and it was, ironically enough, first played against the team formerly known as the Whalers (aka the Carolina Hurricanes).

That song, of course, is...

Reactions
300 48 1
Hey all 3 of the top 4 draft picks who played last night got their first goal. I like this youth movement.

i'm gonna be honest, I DO know what it is about those Predators scorin' that I like and love and also want some more of. it's really simple - i like them scoring since the team that scores the most goals wins 100% of games and stanley cups.

ANYWAYS finally opening night is here and hockey season can officially begin. I just found my mustard sweater in the exact same place it landed when I got all pissed and threw it sometime during the last Preds game.

Reactions
300 48 1
Hope the coach stresses to the kids not to celebrate beating a team that is down its two best players. Next match vs Boston will be much different.

Reactions
300 48 1

Nice of them to clear up right away that it is in fact going to be that kind of year.
But you missed the best part! It remained 1-0 until almost the very end, and then during the shoot out, Vancouver some how managed to body check the referee!

Reactions
201 4 0
I'm cautiously optimistic about the Hurricanes this year. 4 games in at NHL .500, averaging just over 3 goals a game. If this team can settle down and stop giving up 3 goal leads they just might have a shot.