[NHL] 2016-2017 NHL Thread

John Buccigross *not* laid off today. Under contract through July, and that's all we know.

So we've still got the Overtime Challenge through the finals.

Also Vern Fiddler and Cam Fowler have last names that are super appropriate for their respective teams. Can anyone think of any other players this applies to?

A few things:

1. "Fang Fingers" are what we do before power plays. Yes, it's contrived and everything, but the sight of seeing people doing what are essentially air quotes with their fingers while the opening strains of the Psycho theme plays is amazing.

2. "I Like It, I Love It" is always sung wrong by a Predators fan. We will, in perpetuity, sing, "Don't know what it is 'bout the Predators scorin'" whenever it comes on the radio/net stream/whatever.

3. Yes, our arena is a half-block from the Ryman, and cross corner from the Country Music Hall of Fame. We don't seem to care.

4. You will hear the letters "RV", "LS", and "JoFA" a lot. They refer to various players on our team. We love 'em.

5. 71 percent of the earth's surface is covered by water. The rest is covered by Pekka Rinne.

6. Catfish on the ice >>>> Octopus on the ice.

7. Yes, that is "Gold on the Ceiling" you hear after ILI^2 plays. It's our substitute for Gary "Chester Molester" Glitter.

8. Our captain's wife is prettier than your captain's wife. And she can sing a little, too - unlike the wife of that guy who just won the Super Bowl.

9. We continually thank Martin Erat for demanding a trade.

10. Great twitter follow: https://twitter.com/Ellis4Captain. You'll love it, trust me.

I'm only getting phone updates on tonight's game. I don't wanna turn on the TV or look at twitter or reddit tonight. WTF, man? :cry:

My rankings of who I want to win the cup:

1) Preds
2) Ducks
3) Pens
4) Senators (despite what I said last night, I hate Chris Neil so much)