[NHL] 2016-2017 NHL Thread

I just don't see this team making it. I give 'em 10 years in Vegas, then relocation to a larger city, I would love to see them in Houston.

Also, last team to use "Golden" in their name... California Golden Seals. Can't find 'em now.

I just don't see this team making it. I give 'em 10 years in Vegas, then relocation to a larger city, I would love to see them in Houston.
Just as long as it's not a geographic contraction.

We'll have to see how they do cultivating a local fanbase, but I can see Vegas doing well at the gate because of visiting teams. Go see your team play away and have a Las Vegas vacation. I imagine there will be travel packages with tickets included at some point.

99 years ago today (November 26, 1917), a bunch of men met in a hotel room in Montreal to decide how they could cut one of their fellow owners out of the professional hockey picture, while striving to keep the game going during a wartime environment.

What emerged was the National Hockey League.

Every time he touched the puck. I didn't though. He was 100% up front with us of his intentions. I don't blame Preds fans for booing him though.

So - to pass the time over the ice plant problems, they played... solitaire on the Jumbotron?

Edit: I see the issue wasn't resolved in time. Dang back-to-backs. This one might be interesting when they finally try to reschedule it.

Last edited:
And all the cards bounced around, that got a good ironic cheer from the crowd.

They showed it in between running all the bumpers they had for the game, and impromptu player interviews.

The player being hit is Jimmy Vesey. He was drafted by the Predators and chose not to sign with them when he finished college, even though he had stated that he would.

The player being hit is Jimmy Vesey. He was drafted by the Predators and chose not to sign with them when he finished college, even though he had stated that he would.
I was referring more to the fact that what I see is a big empty space filled with "Embed this video [<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 75.000%;"><iframe src="e" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen scrolling="no" style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe><script async defer src="https://v.embedcdn.com/embed.js"></script></div>] Copy" which probably means the board's Streamable plug-in is malfunctioning, at least for me.

--Patrick