[NHL] 2016-2017 NHL Thread

Jusse Saros became the ninth Predator goaltender to win a game for Nashville with that win.

Think about that for a moment. This team has been in the NHL since 1998 - and only nine men have won games in net for the team.

Jusse Saros became the ninth Predator goaltender to win a game for Nashville with that win.

Think about that for a moment. This team has been in the NHL since 1998 - and only nine men have won games in net for the team.

and only on their second headcoach too right?

Yep.

Meanwhile, Predators fans don't want to look at the scoring leaders for the Montreal Canadiens right now...

Hypothesis: the performance of teams against the Leafs will predict the Stanley Cup contenders this year .

Why did they get rid of Trots again?

Nice thing about the Weber trade is we get more Preds coverage now.

They're very yellow. Something about the logo just makes it that much more contrasting.

Things I think about while waiting for the canes to score.

Kadri will never be able to show his face in Vancouver again, though.

And he might not exactly want to do any international tours of Sweden anytime soon, either...

Yeah, right to the noggin. It's 5-2 and everything is going your way, you just play out the clock. Don't take cheap shots.

Bah no further discipline.
Thanks for not taking the players side in cheap shot just cause he plays for your team. Respect.

See this is why I hate the Toronto Maple Leafs, or more precisely the fucking Leafs focused hockey media in Canada.

I just learned today that Mike Fisher has played over 1000 games.

And only because it involved Ottawa giving him recognition tonight.

Yet he earned his silver stick last year.

Yep.

Glad we got a split in the province of Ontario, though.

An off-the-cuff question - who'd you rather be: Mike Fisher or Justin Verlander?

An off-the-cuff question - who'd you rather be: Mike Fisher or Justin Verlander?
This is a legitimately difficult question. I like Fisher, like hockey, he's from my neck of the woods (like less than an hour from my home town), but I really don't know much about Verlander. Not a fan of the nude pics thing in general, or baseball, but he seems nice I guess. So this really boils down to, are the pro's of Upton enough to overcome the pro's of Fisher, or do the Con's of Underwood outweigh the Con's of Verlander?

May have to think about it some more.

Yesterday's tweet though was pretty fucking hot.