2011 NFL Season: R.I.P Peyton Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.
just kidding, he's not dead, but out 2-3 months, probably never going to play football again. Sorry Colts fans! It's Titan time!!!!!

Saints @ Packers tonight at 7:30 or so central.

Now that the lock out is over, it's time for another wacky season of NFL football!!!!!

1) The speculation that his career is over is nothing more than the press freaking out. The doctors that have commented on the situation actually think he'll be fine by next year.

2) The Titans? Are you fucking kidding me? The Texans are going to steamroll that division now.

Football bores the hell out of me. As does all sports, but Football is barely above baseball and golf on watchability.

That said, I was actually a fan back when players actually had personalities, I used to love watching Montana + Rice and Young + Rice vs the Cowboys etc cause this is a heavy Cowboys fan area so it was hilarious to walk around in my Montana or Rice Jersey (still have the Rice one, though it's nearly faded into nothing)

Um, ok.

You can't hear it, but yes, there is an organ playing in the background instigating the crowd. ;)

Shannow

Staff member
Hell of a game last night. Brees racked me up some points in my work fantasy league, too. Pissed about not getting that touchdown, thoguh. But still, great game! As for manning...disc surgery is iffy. i mean, he could be fine, but then again, there is a decent chance it leaves him with chronic pain and unable to play, or playing to a lesser caliber. it is up in the air.

Football bores the hell out of me. As does all sports, but Football is barely above baseball and golf on watchability.

That said, I was actually a fan back when players actually had personalities, I used to love watching Montana + Rice and Young + Rice vs the Cowboys etc cause this is a heavy Cowboys fan area so it was hilarious to walk around in my Montana or Rice Jersey (still have the Rice one, though it's nearly faded into nothing)
Good to know.

I think Houston hates the Titans more since they, ya know, stole the Oilers from them.
Na, we hate Bud Adams. Most Houstonians kept cheering for them because they were the same team for several years after they moved. Now that Jeff Fisher is gone there may be a little animosity for the Titans now. The Colts are the rivals because they are the best team we play every year.

Well, if not for some shaky play on special teams, Carolina would have won. Cam Newton came out and had a really great game which showed lots of promise for the future. Here's hoping that wasn't a fluke, Carolina plays Green Bay next week.

Dave

Staff member
Hey, Romo! DEZ BRYANT IS HURT CAN CAN'T RUN OR JUMP!! QUIT THROWING THE FUCKING BALL HIS WAY!!!

Romo gave the fucking game away. Awesome.

Ravens had an awesome game yesterday. Offense was efficient whether it was running or passing. The O-line held the Steelers to only one sack and only a couple rushed or throw away passes.

Meanwhile the Defense was constantly hounding Roethlisberger and forced 7 turnovers 5 of them coming right out of Big Ben's hands. The only play I saw where the pocket didn't dissolve and he wasn't scrambling was the touchdown pass where they only rushed 3.

Sure it's just game 1 but it's a great way to start the Ravens' season.

Ravens had an awesome game yesterday. Offense was efficient whether it was running or passing. The O-line held the Steelers to only one sack and only a couple rushed or throw away passes.

Meanwhile the Defense was constantly hounding Roethlisberger and forced 7 turnovers 5 of them coming right out of Big Ben's hands. The only play I saw where the pocket didn't dissolve and he wasn't scrambling was the touchdown pass where they only rushed 3.

Sure it's just game 1 but it's a great way to start the Ravens' season.
I was a doubter about the Raven's defense coming into this season. They looked mediocre last year, and I thought they were getting too old to stay on top. It's just one game so I'm not going to reverse course this quickly, but they looked damn impressive. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong if they keep this up.

That's nothing compared to the Chargers' kicker, Nate Keading. Torn ACL on the opening kickoff, trying to make a tackle on the runback.

I don't get how so many talking heads at ESPN are so in love with Romo when he has won precisely dick.
He plays for the Cowboys which are obviously the greatest team to ever decide to play the game of football. They grace us with their presence each and every week when they show us how the best of the best play the game. They even allow the other teams to beat them on occasion just to give others a chance.

I tried to watch the Sunday night game, but when I turned it on it wasn't even halfway through the first quarter and the morons in the broadcast booth were already calling Dez Bryant player of the game, and mentioning how no one could match up with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.