[NHL] 2011-2012 Season is Over (Kings take the Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
... but I do like the brodeur pick by checkerdhat. They really do like giving the trophy to goalies who lose in the finals don't they?
I actually wasn't even sure of the statistics on this and thought you might've been being sarcastic. But I'll be damned, 4 of the 5 times it's been awarded to a member of the losing team it's been to a goaltender.

Final series has the potential to totally adjust out pool standings. Almost anyone can win this thing.

If in the unlikely event of a tie, what say the person who scores the most points for this series wins?

It would be greatly appreciated by all of you hockey fans out there who are not busy watching the finals to find some time in your schedule to

VOTE FOR PEKKA!

Especially if you're a Pens, Rags, Caps or B's fan. Do you really want a Flyer on the cover of NHL 13?

What I heard is he was most likely going to be traded, but the Bruins organization were throwing out "He might take a sabbatacle" as a PR move that I don't quite understand.

Ah, well yeah. That part's messed up. But like I heard, I was told it was likely a PR move to kind of cover up that they want to trade him. This way it looks like "Well he was going to screw over the team" or something. It doesn't quite make sense to me, but I always assume there's a lot more going on than we're hearing about.

...I suppose it's too late to amend my choice to Kings in Four, with three OT's and Quick winning the Connie?

So the news today is that Nashville is shopping Radulov and the Rangers are nibbling. Apparently he already has an offer from the KHL but "wants" to stay in the NHL for next year. Seriously what is up with this guy? Why would any team want some one who might choose not to play for them?

"Oh hey Tim, hows Boston?"

Vokoun signs with the Penquins.

TORONTO SIGNS MARLIES COACH TO CONTRACT EXTENSION!
TORONTO SIGNS MARLIES COACH TO CONTRACT EXTENSION!

:facepalm:

That 5 on 3, I said the entire series rests on this for NJ, score and it's a great start to a new game, don't and well get some peanut butter cause they're toast.

So the rumor today created by some random Leafs fan in the GTO area today is that Nashville is shopping Radulov and the Rangers are nibbling. Apparently he already has an offer from the KHL but "wants" to stay in the NHL for next year. Seriously what is up with this guy? Why would any team want some one who might choose not to play for them?
FTFY.

Point proven - you linked to TSN :p :p

Still - there are plenty of people in Nashville who would be happy to pack up Radulov's stuff and drive him to the airport.

You dare to give me the double pinky!?!?!?!?!

Seriously, what I love about TSN this time of year is how desperate they are to appear relevant to hockey when they don't broadcast the final.

TSN "LA Kings 1 win away from winning the Stanley Cup. The 2012 Draft is June 22! June 22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Another hell of a game last night. Again game 5 is Saturday?!

Come on Kopitar have a hat trick and a 4 point night in a 5-3 win for the Kings!

Status
Not open for further replies.