[NHL] 2011-2012 Season is Over (Kings take the Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next year I want to do a whole season pool, I'm told we can do it through tsn and it'll track all the stats and deal with everything for us. With enough time to properly orchestrate this thing, we might be able to even organize an actual prize of some sort. Not sure how we'd go about doing that. We'd have to each kick in like $20 or something at the start of the season. Kick it in to where though? Maybe I'll talk to Dave about it. The forum has a paypal and stuff for the contests right? And I'm sure everyone would be willing to trust to that, when Dave holds the keys.

As long as you let me have my Pekka, I'm fine. ;)
I'm trying to think of how we'd organize the draft order as well, and I have two thoughts. One is we simply use a random number generator online, and the other is we do this real NHL style, and look at the standings at the finish of THIS pool to determine draft order for next season. That raises the question of what do we do if there are more forumites wanting to sign up for the pool though- do the original 8 get priority?

I'm thinking go with the random numbers, since we're not guaranteed to have the same players in the league from year to year.

WTF just happened in New York? NYR 3 NJD 0 but NJ outplayed them tremendously, it was like watching a walrus whack around a kitten, then bbbuuuuhhh in the third.

Well for ratings an NYR vs LAK would be great for the NHL, but PHX vs NJD highlights a pair of teams in financial dire straights.

I thought of something we could do for a prize for a playoff pool next year. I have to look into it some more though because I think the only way to do it is to actually get more than one made, and then it's not really a prize.
A Halforums :Leyla: face hockey jersey.
It'd be around $20 for the crest, plus the cost of the blank jersey to put it on. But that's with a minimum order of 10. Just a thought.

I'm sorry, but I couldn't go out wearing that, not even to my local rink. ESPECIALLY not to my local rink. I have family members who play there.

Fucking TSN.

"Ladies and gentlemen the LA Kings are closing in on the all time record for leading or being tied in the playoffs at just shy of 316 minutes, just a few minutes off the record set by Detroit 10 years Coyotes SCORE!!!!"

Yeah they get ahead of themselves, but I've watched a few of this years playoff games on some of the other networks and some of 'em were even worse for it.

It fails as a hockey pool prize though because minimum order would be 10 of them, in order to get them for $20 plus the cost of the jerseys (looking at $50-$60 before shipping, I imagine). I think that having multiples made up defeats the purpose of it being a prize, and that much is way too much to ask everyone to kick in for the pool anyway.

However, it'd still be cool. And I'd totally wear one.

You take a blank sweater.
Put the Durr logo on it
Get the digital signatures of all members embroidered into the sweater
Winner of the contest gets the sweater for a year.

Bonus points next round for picking the Conn Smythe? Should help a bit with the decreasing value each round.

You guys ever notice that the people who post in this subforum have the most polarized opinions most of which cannot be justified yet we are the most cordial of posters?

I am cool with making the Conn Smythe being worth 2 points.

You guys ever notice that the people who post in this subforum have the most polarized opinions most of which cannot be justified yet we are the most cordial of posters?
Fuck you. :troll:
I'm cool with adding it in for next round, sure. I think it could stand to be more than 2 points even.

Fuck you. :troll:
I'm cool with adding it in for next round, sure. I think it could stand to be more than 2 points even.
You lack the KY buddy!

NJD Kovalchuk
NYR Lunhdquist
LAK I really don't know, they are playing a fantastic team game, can you give it to the coach?
PHO Smith

Deadline for scenes is today, so although I still have work to do, I can take it a bit easy for the next two days and actually call it quits at a reasonable hour. WHAT DO I DO WITH THAT TIME?!

If LA wins tomorrow night, I'll go with Quick as your Connie winner - regardless of what happens with Brodeur and the Devs.

That NY/NJ series could go a full seven games, wear out the Eastern squad - and the Kings would come in and sweep 'em away.

Oh, on a happy note (/sarcasm_mode) : the NHL has notified the PA that it intends to terminate the current CBA, effective September 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.