[NHL] 2011-2012 Season is Over (Kings take the Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now the Devils join the party. Rags beat the Caps tomorrow and we're gonna have a real East vs. West showdown.

I am sorta hoping for the Kings to beat the Rangers in the final, thus beating the 1 2 3 teams in the west and the 1 team in the. East.

Either way, if the West wins, new name on the cup!

We could be a mere 6 hours away from determining the final team for the conference finals!

Go Rangers Go!
I hate you,
but got you in the pool!
Go Rangers Go!

See, if you were used to your team failing you'd be better already and realized that it's going to game 7!

Dammit, Washington! WHY WON'T YOU LOSE?! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE!
So jwhouk and BErt both just collected 2 points.
That ties jwhouk with Timmus for first.
BErt ties with blotsfan and HCGLNS in a 3-way tie for 4th, and Vrii and I are still tied for last.

No new image cause I don't have the time right now.

1 Timmus - 5
1 jwhouk - 5
3 Piotyr - 4
4 blotsfan -2
4 BErt -2
4 HCGLNS 2
7 Vrii - 1
7 checkeredhat - 1

Kings/Yotes - Kings in 7, at least 2 OT games.
Devils/NYR-WAS winner - Devils in 6 if it's the Caps, Devils in 7 if it's the Rags. 1 OT game vs. the Caps, 2 vs. the Rags.

I think it's rather neat that the East has two tried and true dominant goalies, perhaps in the twilight years of their career.

In the west is two goalies who nobody knows about, about to show the world how great they really are.

Brodeur maybe, but Lundqvist is only 30. He's probably got 5 more good years in him. Goalies last longer than other players.

So, to wrap things up;
HalforumsPlayoffPoolR2.jpg

To break ties, I think number of winning teams predicted will trump number of points. Right now though all our ties got their points with the same number of correctly predicted well, everything.

On to round 3, which is kind of round 2 for us.
*Edit: Okay, the stage is set:

HalforumsPlayoffPoolRound3.jpg

In case you're wondering how the lacrosse game went tonight, well.... at least I've still got the Marlies to cheer for, I guess.

OK, I'll make it official:

Kings/Yotes - Kings in 7, at least 2 OT games.
Devils/Rags - Devils in 7, 2 OT games.

I find it interesting that the people who did well last round all picked NJ, and the people who did...less well...picked NY.

Yeah, it had me a litttle bit iffy. But I didn't want to let other member's predictions influence my own. Gotta go with my gut. Hope my dedication to honesty pays off in karma points.

B

BErt

Kings in 5, 2 OT
NYR in 5, 1 OT

...which I guess means I have to congratulate Phoenix and NJ on making the Stanley Cup Finals.

Just watch. We're gonna be here all thinking these series are gonna go seven games, and one of the two teams will sweep.

I was thinking that for next year, if we do all 4 rounds then the points should change so that it stays competitive each round. IE if people are lucky enough to be far ahead after the first round it becomes harder and harder to catch up and people lose interest over the final rounds. So increase the points awarded per choice each round to make up the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.