[NHL] 2011-2012 Season is Over (Kings take the Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toronto Maple Leafs Stanley Cup Finals Playoff tickets!
Do you have any idea how expensive a pair of 1967 Stanley Cup Final tickets is in any condition?!

I was thinking that any who joined could have cool signature badges and the eventual winner a sweet forum title, or have everyone change their avatars to show how amazing the winner is.

Hoping for: Washington, Ottawa, Florida.

Predicting: Boston, Ottawa, New Jersey. Maybe a bit of homerism there.

Yeah honestly I'd be happy with that too. I don't mind seeing the Sens lose if it's an earned loss, without the refs calling constant ridiculous penalties.

I'm hoping for Boston, Ottawa and don't-really-care-one-way-or-the-other
and predicting Boston, Ottawa and Florida.

But yes, some decent, consistent officiating would be nice.

Grinder goals baby! They're great, they're garbage but they still count!

Wow all 7 games decided by 1 goal, new NHL record.

If Ottawa and Florida win tomorrow, that will leave the Flyers as the only team left in the playoffs to have ever won the cup. Irregardless, the team from West in the final will have never won the cup.

PLAYOFF SCENARIOS:
If Rangers and Panthers win:
  • NYR vs. WSH
  • FLA vs. PHI
If Rangers and Devils win:
  • NYR vs. WSH
  • PHI vs. NJD
If Senators and Panthers win:
  • FLA vs. OTT
  • PHI vs. WSH
If Senators and Devils win:
  • PHI vs. OTT
  • NJD vs. WSH

Weeeeeeeelp, there it is. Ready for Round 2? Make your predictions:

View attachment 5745
I'll increase the height of the pic if/when we need to.
(I'm just going to keep editing this post and updating, until we get to a new page any way.)

Allllll rightythen.

Rangers-Capitals: Teams split the four-game series during the regular season. I'm thinking this one will be close. Capitals in 7. (I'll go with at least two OT games - with one making Lundqvist looking silly.)
Flyers-Devils: Teams split the six-game series during the regular season. I think the Flyers will have the momentum, though - and Brodeur looked beatable tonight. Flyers in 6. (One OT here.)

Blues-Kings: Kings went 3-1 over the Blues in the regular season; one of those wins was in the shootout - in a double-shootout between Quick and Elliott. The Moose will be the factor in this series, especially if Halak can't play. Kings in 6. (Two OT here, I'm thinking.)
Coyotes-Predators: Oh boy. We won both times we went out to the desert (though the last one was a shootout win back in March), but they beat us both times at the Bridge. If we jump out to a two-nothing lead coming back home, all we gotta do is hold them in game three or four. I'm thinking Preds in 6. (I don't think my heart could take an OT game, but with these two teams it might just happen. I'll be conservative and say two will be in OT, including the series clincher in the desert.

ok. Kings and Blues. Didn't see much of the Blues this year. Both are very well coached. Don't know so I'll just flip a coin. Blues in 7 3 OTs.

Coyotes and Predators. It's been the year of the underdog this playoffs ( Rangers and Preds excluded) So I'll go with some desert dogs to win this. I think the yotes do it in 6 with 3 OTs.

Rangers and Capitals. I'll go with the Capitals since it's been awhile since Ovechkin trolled the league. I think they'll be riding the momentum of beating last years champs. 6 games all regulation.

Flyers and Devils. I'll go with the flyers. They just seem to have something about them this year. 5 games all regulation.

Rangers in 6 with 2 OT games
Flyers in 5 with 1 OT game
St Louis in 6 with 3 OT games
Nashville in 6 with 2 OT games

B

BErt

STL in 6, 3 OT
Nash in 6, 2 OT
NYR in 7; 3 OT
PHI in 4; 1 OT

Hope I'm wrong about that last one, just have a feeling...

Status
Not open for further replies.