[NHL] 2011-2012 Season is Over (Kings take the Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but in that trade you were on the plus side of players, this trade you are down 2 and a pick for a player that is UFA this year.

Better win the cup...

The general vibe right now among the Preds Nation is that 6 and 20 are already gone. We're trying to live in this year.

Took ya 59 minutes and 54 seconds to get that 22nd one, though.

Might not be so lucky next time.

EDIT: Oh, by the way, has the JLA cleaning crew found Suter's jock yet? I think it was last seen heading towards Gordie Howe's number banner in the rafters.

B

BErt

Bah! I guess the streak had to end sometime...just wish it wasn't against Vancouver. Needed to keep some space in the standings.

I can't wait to hear insane people on the radio tomorrow clamoring for MacDonald to start over Howard...

Bah! I guess the streak had to end sometime...just wish it wasn't against Vancouver. Needed to keep some space in the standings.

I can't wait to hear insane people on the radio tomorrow clamoring for MacDonald to start over Howard...
Shoot outs are a coin flip anyways. Thought that was a well played game from both teams. Hope to see more of them in the Western Conference Finals.

My brother lives in Ottawa, and unlike most of the family doesn't follow hockey at all. I had to explain to him why his manager would find this so funny:

My sister responded
"Yes, to senator fans I guess its pretty funny, but in our defense their goalie is out a few games because he cut himself while eating pancakes"

I think he was preparing frozen chicken, to be fair. Pancakes are a separate joke at Dustin Penner's expense.

Either way, it's pretty sad. Just glad the Sens have a reasonably light part of their schedule right now.

Hal Gill has killed two penalties for the Preds so far - and another two while sitting in the penalty box. :facepalm:

Smithson gone to FLA, and former Pred Marek Zidlicky has been inflicted upon the Devils. Oh boy, are they in for a surprise.

We're 1 hour into Trade Deadline day and here is your 1 hour into Trade Deadline day recap

Hour 1 - nothing has happened.

We'll be right back with an in depth analysis of what hasn't happened in the past hour right after a word from our sponsors!

Ladies and Gentleman, hour 2 of Trade Deadline day is behind us and we have some thrilling action on the floor right now. Here's Pierre McQuire with your review

PM: "As you can see folks when Bob MacKenzie rolled up the rim on his coffee he clearly wins a free donut. Bob what does this mean for the Toronto Maple Leafs?"

BM: "Well Pierre as I tweeted earlier, this is one less free donut available to be won in the GTA which could impact the overall confidence of the the Maple Leafs and their fan base as they go about their day today."

Breaking News in Hour 3!

We have a trade!
We have a trade!
We have a trade!
We have a trade!

No seriously we actually have a trade!
Kostitsyn to Nashville for picks in 2013

And now your indepth analysis of this ground breaking trade and how it impacts the NHL as a whole and interviews with the expected draft picks family members!

Hour 4 is behind us and the NHL is still shaking from Hour 3 ground breaking trade. Once again it involved Montreal and Nashville. Nashville and Montreal. That's Nashville and Montreal. Kostitsyn for for 1 1/2 picks.

Expect more fallout from this trade as the day unfolds!

Hour 5 is just about over and the heat has certainly picked up in intensity! Not only have we had a massive trade in hour three, but

Alyonka Larionov has now taken over the twitter discussion on this subject!

Damn!

Following Twitter list of Carolina hurricane press and players. Unlike the last few years no one left in the middle of practice.
Added at: 12:51
Mike Commodore to Lightning

Breakin news folks! Ever since Alyonka Larionov has appeared on television, the trades have exploded out of the gate! We have two, yes two trades to report on since the lovely Ms Larionov has appeared on TSN.

Mike Commodore has left Detroit and landed in Tampa Bay. Detroit will receive a conditional 2013 7th round pick. Conditional meaning if nobody is worth drafting 196th overall next year, Detroit will receive a coupon for a free Shamrock Shake.

And putting our earlier trade to shame, Edmonton and Minnesota have actually swapped players! Most startling in this trade is the idea that these two defencemen actually play in the NHL. Nick Shultz for Tom Gilbert, which team got which doesn't seem to matter.

Stop the presses! Toronto has made a trade! Toronto has made a trade! Abandon everything you are doing, drop all the sharp objects you are sharpening! Toronto has made a trade, pay no attention that it will have no impact on the Leafs this year.

Keith Aulie to Tampa Bay for Carter Ashton.

B

BErt

Conditional meaning if nobody is worth drafting 196th overall next year, Detroit will receive a coupon for a free Shamrock Shake.

I was hoping for the free Tim Horton's donut. Ken Holland has clearly lost his edge when it comes to negotiations :(

Status
Not open for further replies.