[NHL] 2011-2012 Season is Over (Kings take the Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can get ahead by 12 goals, I might call it a safe lead with the way this season's been going.

I'm not actually that confident in this game. Gustavsson has been performing admirably but honestly he hasn't yet earned my faith, and tonight will be his 6th game in a row, after just playing last night. He's got to be getting tired. It should be a good game to watch though for sure.

I'm actually not too worried about who wins - aside from a couple of blowout losses, the Sens have been really fun to watch this year regardless of wins and losses. They're really young and there's not much chance they end up in the playoffs, but it hasn't been this enjoyable to watch them play since the run to the cup finals.

Now I'm just hoping that Alfredsson doesn't miss too much time from the ridiculous cheapshot last night.

And no league action is expected from it. Which I'd consider the first bad call of the Shanahan era.

I don't understand how he could possibly get away with it. It's a blatant, aimed shot to the head of an unsuspecting and defenseless player - exactly what they've said for the past 2-3 years that they want out of the game. The only consolation is that they came back and won yesterday's game completely in spite of the refs trying to give it to New York.

I totally agree. You'd think they'd learn their lesson after the Crosby debacle.

It's not the first time it's happened since and EVERY SINGLE time they let it go. (Ference on Halpern in the playoffs)

Gustavsson performed a lot better than I expected, but the result was pretty much what I anticipated. Fantastic game, even though Leafs lost. Ottawa is seriously a beast on the power play.

Karlsson is looking like an allstar, and that pass by Rundblad was sick. Quality Ottawa-Toronto - hell, just quality Ottawa - games are a nice change from the past few years.

The Oilers have been pretty fantastic this season. The New Kid Line is what hockey is all about. It's been an amazing turnaround from last season.

Oh yeah, and it's fucking awesome as a long time Oilers fan to have Smythy back. Fucking awesome.

I can't watch anymore. This is awful. I feel sorry for my sister and Brother-in-Law. They went to the ACC tonight expecting to see the Leafs play a game of hockey against Boston. The Leafs seem to have elected not to play tonight.

Sabres started Enroth over Miller two games in a row now. Miller has been cold as of late but I'm really surprised by that.

A shootout victory is better than a shootout loss, at any rate. I'll take it, but the Leafs have yet to have a full game where they played solid through all three periods, and they can't make it for much longer playing one-two good periods every game.

The Leafs are dropping like flies. With all the injuries going into this game, I'm not sure if I even want to watch. It could be brutal.

I'm glad Brian Burke finally realized neither Gustavsson or Scrivens are really ready and they need to look into getting another goaltender. Should really have thought of it a long time ago though.

No need for the showboating at the end there. Especially since Rosehill was still going, not like he knocked him out or anything. He definitely won, but he didn't win so lopsided as to warrant the showboating.

Tonight's game went much better than expected.

Didn't get to see the game due to it being exclusively on LeafsTV and my being in Toronto visiting my friend who doesn't have cable, but kept refreshing tsn's website to watch the score. Looking at the Shots on goal and penalty minutes, looks like the Leafs pooped themselves out in that Washington game. Hopefully tomorrow's rest means a good game on Tuesday.

Didn't get to see the game due to it being exclusively on LeafsTV and my being in Toronto visiting my friend who doesn't have cable, but kept refreshing tsn's website to watch the score. Looking at the Shots on goal and penalty minutes, looks like the Leafs pooped themselves out in that Washington game. Hopefully tomorrow's rest means a good game on Tuesday.
It was wonderful. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to break our skid.

It's the ISLANDERS. That's like playing a Division I-FCS team.
What a night for Pens fans.

2 Crosby goals, Malkin goal, and Orpik sniper shot from the blue line. Oh and shutout for Fleury.

I feel bad for John Tavares. That dude has tons of skill with absolutely no one on his team to help him flourish.

Status
Not open for further replies.