Export thread

You are all fools. Good luck...

strawman

strawman

So April fools day is coming up, and I saw this wonderful list of simple tricks to play on kids. They'd work on most adults too:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikespohr/awesome-april-fools-day-pranks-your-kids-will-totally-fal

So go forth, and fool!

Also, let me know of some other tricks to try, since the above list is now probably known by my oldest son.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Heh heh heh, I'm going to pull the frozen cereal one on my wife.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

A lot of these sound like they'll cause more trouble for the parents than the kids.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

A lot of these sound like they'll cause more trouble for the parents than the kids.
Yes, but kids invest effort to briefly annoy adults, so it's only fair to do the same.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Yes, but kids invest effort to briefly annoy adults, so it's only fair to do the same.
I mean that the parents are the ones getting trouble out of it, not effort. Example, the soap and nail polish one. If the kid can't lather, they're gonna not bother. Yay, my kid didn't wash up? Win?

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I mean that the parents are the ones getting trouble out of it, not effort. Example, the soap and nail polish one. If the kid can't lather, they're gonna not bother. Yay, my kid didn't wash up? Win?
Ah, I see. Fact. That is more fun for an adult victim. I do like the helium balloon in the toilet, though. That would be so WTF...

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Ah, I see. Fact. That is more fun for an adult victim. I do like the helium balloon in the toilet, though. That would be so WTF...
So long as it's not the balloon in the cake. Depending on how the person reacts to surprises, that big sharp knife could end up somewhere it shouldn't.

strawman

strawman

I used to be paranoid. Now I'm like, "Meh. I can make more."

figmentPez

figmentPez

I used to be paranoid. Now I'm like, "Meh. I can make more."
Not if the knife hits in the wrong spot you can't.

BananaHands

BananaHands

You can make fake orange juice using the kraft cheese mixture you get with Mac and Cheese....

Totally looks like OJ.

Bubble181

Bubble181

So, anyone any interesting pranks? Funny, awesome, serious, tragically gone wrong,...?

The news' April Fools are horribly tame this year over here. There are two pandas in a zoo at the moment on a breeding project, some newspapers are reporting them as both female "OH NOES". *shrug*
Obama visited last week (and half the country was stopped. President Xi Jinping is in our country right now and nobody moved. Do these politicians and media not realize we trade more with China than the US since 2012?), and is coming back in June. Teenagers and students were asked to call in to the news studio with their interesting and intelligent questions - best ones would be posed to Obama.
I...I don't even see the joke. I read their "selection of questions", and honestly, quite a few of those would be interesting to hear the answer to. Some are fairly standard "questions from the crowd after a speech" style, and some are actually more interesting than anything any of the press asked him. Not to mention, having students call in for questions seems like a genuinely good idea, if they're vetted beforehand by the radio.

Frank

Frank

Ahh yes, the day the internet becomes useless.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Reddit's come up with "Headdit", a way of browsing Reddit using head movements. Requires a webcam.

Google Maps has a Pokemon hunting minigame, accessible with mobile devices. It's actually pretty fun.

Dei

Dei

Been playing Pokemon maps since yesterday, keep killing my phone battery.

strawman

strawman

Those who use google photo services may find some of their photos autohoffsome today.

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2014/03/introducing-auto-awesome-photobombs.html

blotsfan

blotsfan

I'm really bitter about the pokemon thing only being mobile.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Crosspost from the Random Crap thread, but I sent a few of my friends a pic of my D for April Fools'....

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I'm really bitter about the pokemon thing only being mobile.
Welcome to everyone throughout time that didn't have a nintendo handheld.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I lost it at WTF is WTF is?

blotsfan

blotsfan

Welcome to everyone throughout time that didn't have a nintendo handheld.
Yeah, but this is different because now it effects me.

MindDetective

MindDetective

Netflix has a couple new original series, such as Sizzling Bacon, which is about as literal a title as you can have.

Dave

Dave

I used to love April Fools. Now it just annoys me.

Yes, I'm THAT guy.

Krisken

Krisken

I agree with you, Dave. Fuck April 1st. Lets just get on with it already.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

The only joke I've seen worth chuckling over: A convention I'm going to, in a couple of weeks, just announced Richard Simmons and Paula Deen as special guests.

But, I'm also with @Dave, not a fan of April Fool's.

blotsfan

blotsfan

OH MY GOD!
THIS IS NOT A DRILL!
http://www.homestarrunner.com/

MindDetective

MindDetective

Even @Dave can't grouse too much about the elaborate effort xkcd.com put forth this year.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Even @Dave can't grouse too much about the elaborate effort xkcd.com put forth this year.
Are you just making a joke because he didnt do anything, or am I just missing it entirely?

Edit: never mind. I found it. I don't know why it isnt on the homepage

Bubble181

Bubble181

It's a Tuesday. I haven't visited yet.[DOUBLEPOST=1396366873,1396366794][/DOUBLEPOST]...And, besides a variation of yesterday's comic with some whitespace, I don't....see...anything special? Am I missing something?

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Stay frosty.

MindDetective

MindDetective

It's a Tuesday. I haven't visited yet.[DOUBLEPOST=1396366873,1396366794][/DOUBLEPOST]...And, besides a variation of yesterday's comic with some whitespace, I don't....see...anything special? Am I missing something?
That's what shows up in my rss feed but when I go to the site, it is an interactive comic that you can build yourself.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

I lost it at WTF is WTF is?
Jesse kills it again, good lord :D

Dave

Dave

I can't tell you how many years I wished the Think Geek April Fools item was real.

Just Me

Just Me

Blasternation trolled its readers badly with pulling a Willis...

http://www.blasternation.com/index.php?id=353

Gosh, 'pulling Willis' sounds bad, sorry, it's too late or too DST lag, I don't know anymore...

GasBandit

GasBandit

cheezburger network's april fools gag seems to be non-stop Dolan and Gooby comics today.

Egghh.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

OH MY GOD!
THIS IS NOT A DRILL!
http://www.homestarrunner.com/
Why are people not paying attention to this.

SERIOUSLY IT'S A REAL UPDATE

Celt Z

Celt Z

cheezburger network's april fools gag seems to be non-stop Dolan and Gooby comics today.

Egghh.
I was just over at Failblog, and my cursor became Rob Ford.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I used to love April Fools. Now it just annoys me.

Yes, I'm THAT guy.
An old guy?

Krisken

Krisken

The best April fools joke now would be to introduce a truly remarkable new product and watch people spin out when they realize it's not an April fools joke.

bhamv3

bhamv3

The best April fools joke now would be to introduce a truly remarkable new product and watch people spin out when they realize it's not an April fools joke.
Like Gmail.

Krisken

Krisken

Like Gmail.
Oh, did they do that? That'll learn me.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Oh, did they do that? That'll learn me.
Yep, April 1, 2004. No one believed it at first, since before that Google had pretty much been solely a search engine. Also, Gmail offered 2 gigs of storage right off the bat, which was considered an implausibly large number, considering Hotmail at the time offered something like 100 megs.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I can't tell you how many years I wished the Think Geek April Fools item was real.
Especially this. I'm pretty sure they put it on April Fools day to gauge interest since I see no reason why this couldn't be made.

Dave

Dave

Especially this. I'm pretty sure they put it on April Fools day to gauge interest since I see no reason why this couldn't be made.
I'm still waiting for this. The iPad console called the iCade.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I'm still waiting for this. The iPad console called the iCade.
You mean this? It's been out for a while.

Shawn

Shawn

Why are people not paying attention to this.

SERIOUSLY IT'S A REAL UPDATE
WOOOO!

Bubble181

Bubble181

That's what shows up in my rss feed but when I go to the site, it is an interactive comic that you can build yourself.
At work, one. At home, the other. Lovely.

bhamv3

bhamv3

So I managed to catch all 151 Pokemon.

Dave

Dave

You mean this? It's been out for a while.
I had no idea! Someday...

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

Hasbro and the Hub put this out.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Hasbro and the Hub put this out.
And now I kind of want a series where 5 amazing friends pilot robotic horses into battle, which then form together to make a giant robot. Then one day a sixth shows up with a robo-horse of her own, and she's all mysterious, and no one knows if she's a good guy or a bad guy, and she doesn't really know about friendship....

Bubble181

Bubble181

And now I kind of want a series where 5 amazing friends pilot robotic horses into battle, which then form together to make a giant robot. Then one day a sixth shows up with a robo-horse of her own, and she's all mysterious, and no one knows if she's a good guy or a bad guy, and she doesn't really know about friendship....
Not sure if joking about Green Power Ranger or not....ah!

Celt Z

Celt Z

A mash-up of Voltron and My Little Pony? My inner 80's child is squealing with delight!

evilmike

evilmike

figmentPez

figmentPez

Not sure if joking about Green Power Ranger or not....ah!
Actually, the mysterious ally/enemy is a pretty standard character in sentai shows, from what I've heard, but yes, it's a Green Ranger reference because of that.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

You know I was genuinely concerned that due to my timing on my arrival it was going to be assumed to be an April Fool's Joke and completely disregarded?

As for something amusing I found, though not necessarily April Fools Related: