Wyrmrest Accord WoW Guild Sexy Fun Time.

Too bad I can't mail stuff cross server. I have something like 12 living iron just collecting dust since I make it a point to transmute once a day even if I don't need it.

I'm hoping to have my druid who is an alchemist close to MoP content by next week. That may be overly optimistic though. If anyone wants to help out by running me through dungeons I'm all for it! ;)

Really? I could be that by the end of the week, but I don't have another herbalist. Depending on how much herbs are and how much gold I have then I may do that. I figure I could always sell the future herbs I get to make back my gold.

Well the way MoP alchemy works is dumb. You basically make green tea forever in order to learn your recipes. You don't train anything but that and I think health potions. Well, you need to make other things to skill up at a certain point, but yeah.

Well the way MoP alchemy works is dumb. You basically make green tea forever in order to learn your recipes. You don't train anything but that and I think health potions. Well, you need to make other things to skill up at a certain point, but yeah.
Pretty much the same with Inscription. Make scrolls that are on a 3 day cooldown to get your recipes. That's just balls.

Scrolls of Wisdom are jerks. You need TWENTY to make an epic level staff. That's 20 days of cooldowns, less if you splurge on mats (and spend all your Spirit of Harmonies) on the painting daily out in jade Forest. I've had pretty bad luck on weapons, but even with that I'd have something better before I get the epic stick made. It's silly.

I looked at that on my druid and basically said "F That" to making the staff (even though it would be perfect for my feral druid). Besides, she's feral/heal dual specced, so I'd have to make 2 staves. To be fair, though, Inscription is probably the easiest profession to level prior to that.

Yeah, I'm working on JC as my second for the Monk and just finished the pre-BC part. I wanted to end myself so bad, it's painful and really needs to be reworked.

On the flipside, Cooking is much easier until you get to the Ways, and have to farm 10 bajillion veggies for every Feast.

Jewelcrafting and Engineering are the 2 professions I hate the most. Mostly because they're pretty much(with only a few exceptions) the only professions that FORCE you to use stuff from other professions to advance them.

JC isn't too bad about it all in all, but Engineering is brutal to level if you don't have a miner to supply you. It'll level quick, but it'll cost you.

The other thing that sucks about inscription is that now that Glyphs scrolls are only needed once, you pretty much can't make any money with it other than making a few things. Hell, even the dust/books to change glyphs can just be bought off a vendor.

You can make pretty decent cash off of the shoulder enchants now (when I've got the ink to spare I can get 200-500g depending on how many are up and which one I'm selling), and at 600 you can make some non-combat kite pets. Collectors love blowing cash on stupid things like that.

Lower level tailoring makes you use leather, they took that out for the higher levels though.[DOUBLEPOST=1351035428][/DOUBLEPOST]
The other thing that sucks about inscription is that now that Glyphs scrolls are only needed once, you pretty much can't make any money with it other than making a few things. Hell, even the dust/books to change glyphs can just be bought off a vendor.
I would agree with you if I didn't need to spend a ridiculous amount of money on glyphs whenever I make alts on other servers.

Pretty much the same with Inscription. Make scrolls that are on a 3 day cooldown to get your recipes. That's just balls.
Uh, 3 day cooldown? Pretty sure it's a 1 day CD.

And Inscription and JC have the 1 day cooldown thing, Alchemy is just spam making crap unti you know everything, no CDs. This has been done in previous expansions too, but it wasn't EVERY SINGLE ALCHEMY RECIPE before.

The thing with glyphs is the expensive ones are generally from the research daily. The ones you can get for like 20-30g any jerk with Inscription can make and you won't have much luck selling those. I'll end up having to plunk down like 200-300g for a couple of my lock's glyphs because otherwise I'll have to wait till I (hopefully) learn them.

Lower level tailoring makes you use leather, they took that out for the higher levels though.[DOUBLEPOST=1351035428][/DOUBLEPOST]

I would agree with you if I didn't need to spend a ridiculous amount of money on glyphs whenever I make alts on other servers.

Uh, 3 day cooldown? Pretty sure it's a 1 day CD.

And Inscription and JC have the 1 day cooldown thing, Alchemy is just spam making crap unti you know everything, no CDs. This has been done in previous expansions too, but it wasn't EVERY SINGLE ALCHEMY RECIPE before.
You're right, it's one day. I was mixing it up with the NR alchemy 3 day cooldown. I've been playing alternately between my inscription toon and my alchemy toon.

New thing to be annoyed by, the anti-AFK deathbirds. Hey, do you need to step away from WoW for a moment to take a piss or something, log out, or you will come back to being dead because some random roving bird deathsquad that exists solely to gank afkers will get you.

New thing to be annoyed by, the anti-AFK deathbirds. Hey, do you need to step away from WoW for a moment to take a piss or something, log out, or you will come back to being dead because some random roving bird deathsquad that exists solely to gank afkers will get you.
Well if you weren't on a PVP server you could just sit somewhere safely :p

Or be a druid like me and stealth somewhere :troll:

My warrior is on a pve server. It's the npc doomsquad murder birds that seem to populate every zone in pandaria.

My warrior is on a pve server. It's the npc doomsquad murder birds that seem to populate every zone in pandaria.
So afk 5ft off the ground on your flying mount?

Honestly I can't say I understand your probably personally (stealth afk) but I remember the annoying Skettis birds.

They very much change their altitude, I didn't see anything for miles around me and when I came back I had been bird ganked.

They're the worst in Valley of Four Winds. The white birds you had to lasso and kill while questing roam around in big packs and aren't constricted to one height plane. I used to just afk in air wherever I felt like, now I always make sure to move to a hillside or something.

Having cut my teeth originally on PVP servers, I'm still surprised when I go AFK anywhere other than a town and I'm NOT dead.

Dave

Staff member
Having cut my teeth originally on PVP servers, I'm still surprised when I go AFK anywhere other than a town and I'm NOT dead.
I know, right? And when I'm mining I still sometimes pan around to see if there's anyone nearby.

Sorry I haven't been around much the past 2 weeks. Haven't been into playing a whole lot lately.
No worries, we're still chugging along. Hopefully when you come back we'll have some more higher level characters so we can hit up some more of the old raids.

Dave

Staff member
The Guild is ours. I've given everyone the ability to /ginvite but only a few the ability to promote. So if you recruit someone who is not from the boards they will have limited access to the GB until they are promoted. I've purchased 2 more GB tabs and as soon as I figure out how I'll be doing a bit of rearranging. Everyone has the ability to take out some stuff from every tab but the fifth, which will be used by myself and officers (currently only Squidleybits) for special gear and/or epic loot we want to save for things like prizes & stuff for fun guild events.

So right now there are 4 visible.

For the record, here's the breakdown of how ranks are going to work:

• Commander - Can do pretty much everything.
  • Officer - Can do pretty much everything, can take out up to 100g per day for repairs or stuff. Can take out up to 50 stacks of items per day from each bank tab. Can see the fifth tab.
  • Footman - This is what everyone has been moved to. It's the "Trusted User" default. Can /ginvite, create Guild Events that they want to run and can use 25g/day for stuff or repairs. Can access up to 15 stacks of items per tab per day. Can NOT see the fifth tab.
  • Squire - This is for people we invite that we don't know. Until we can trust them they will be limited. They can NOT /ginvite or make events, but they can take out or use up to 10 g/day for stuff or repairs. They can take up to 5 stacks per tab per day from the GB. They can NOT see the fifth tab.
  • Recruit - This is what people who join the guild default to. They can talk in gchat, but pretty much nothing else. They can see the first 4 tabs but can only deposit if they wish to do so. They can NOT withdraw from any tab, nor can they see the fifth tab.
I know the bottom two may seem strict, but if you open things up too much you allow for bank raiders to come in and wipe you clean by their inviting alts & grabbing stacks. I hope we can start getting more organized and now that a few of us are getting up there in levels - we have 2 90's and a bunch in the mid-80's - we can start running things. I think we should plan some older content to get our feet wet and learn to work as a team. For now I don't see us as a high-RP guild, but we can change that when we feel comfortable doing it. We still have the OOC channel and that's pretty much all we use. So it's up to us. But we are on an RP server so to recruit we might have to play it up a bit, you know?
Thoughts on the whole thing? Oh, and if you guys don't want me doing it or think I'm trying to take things in the wrong direction - or think that someone would just be a better fit - let me know and if they agree I will move leadership over to them.

Dave

Staff member
You gotta be kidding me. Are you coming back to WoW? You put us through hell, ya jerk!

Aw! I can't stay mad at that face! You let me know what I need to do. Are we giving everything back to you?

You gotta be kidding me. Are you coming back to WoW? You put us through hell, ya jerk!

Aw! I can't stay mad at that face! You let me know what I need to do. Are we giving everything back to you?
He'd just break our hearts again.