[PC Game] World of Warcraft: Catch All Thread

Tier 1 was Molten Core. I think you mean the 1st Dungeon set, which in all honesty, Tier 1-2 weren't that bad but there were alot of bad ones as well. I think my favorite sets were WOTLK.

Ahh molten core... tier 1 paladin banana armor!

Also, fuck that 40 man raid bullshit. Can you solo MC now with a level 90 character?

Well that gives a pretty good showing of the power difference between a level 80 and a level 60 character. The level 80 guy is about 40 times stronger ;)

(although I'm also assuming they've probably rebalanced Molten Core and you no longer need 40 people to do it at the appropriate level).

Well here's one. At lvl 60 a tank starting out in Molten Core would have about 4k HP. My DK, who isn't geared enough to do the lvl 90 dungeon finder yet, has nearly half a million HP.

The worst tier sets mostly came out of Burning Crusade and it's overabundance of pink crystals on fucking everything.

The worst tier sets mostly came out of Burning Crusade and it's overabundance of pink crystals on fucking everything.
I was a Protadin for a raiding guild. Pink armor, big shiny shield from Gruul, and that big blue longsword with a shitload of spellpower on it. I looked like a Barbie doll.

As a side note, low level monk tanking is ridiculous. I've been tanking level 20 instances and topping dps by nearly double, without heirlooms.
I'm running instances with my druid with heirlooms. I'm destroying the dps monks, but the monk tanks are killing me every time.

Really? That seems so weird to me, but then I haven't really tanked since my pally in Burning Crusade.
They get vengence buff that add to their damage based on how much they are getting hit. That and since they are tanking they generally AoE as well. They stop winning DPS in raids/single target fights.

The best my toon ever looked...

and screw WoW for not increasing the bank vault size yet. I had to throw away the whole set when I started WotLK.

So, my wife rolled up a hunter last night and was gleefully shooting things with reckless abandon and wildly running through entire murloc villages aggroing everything in sight. She enjoyed it and we are going to keep playing for a bit and see what happens. I have a few questions for you veterans though.

First off. If we want to upgrade to the base game what does that include now? From what I read that covers vanilla, burning crusade and wrath of the lich king... so we could play up to level 80? Also, I have an old hard copy of WoW that has never had it's serial number registered (to my knowledge). If I add this to my battlenet account will it include those two expansions up to WOTLK?

Secondly, I know jack shit about hunters. Currently I have her just spamming the hell out of arcane shot and then the aimed shot thingy that restores focus when she runs out. What spec is the easiest for a newbie to play as? She has a tendency to aggro craploads of enemies at once and then I have to try and deal with the mess with my paladin.

Lastly, since we can't form a group with the starter version... can we stil effectively adventure together doing quests or are we gonig to suffer from one person completing quests and the other one gets screwed because we aren't in a group.

Thanks for your patience. This game is so different now. I was so sad when I found the dead horse Old Blanchy in Westfall lol.

common wisdom is, beast mastery talents for leveling. There are several websites about how to play a hunter, one that comes to mind is Warcraft Hunter's Union.

I sat out the second half of Cataclysm, after I got sick last year I did not feel like playing. So I have to learn how to play all over again.

First off. If we want to upgrade to the base game what does that include now? From what I read that covers vanilla, burning crusade and wrath of the lich king... so we could play up to level 80? Also, I have an old hard copy of WoW that has never had it's serial number registered (to my knowledge). If I add this to my battlenet account will it include those two expansions up to WOTLK?
All accounts, regardless of when you purchased it, have been upgraded to wotlk level. You could activate your old account right now and level to 80, because wotlk is now part of the base game.

My hunter used to be Marksman when I raided. When I went crazy pvp to get her gun, I went Beastmaster and loved it. She's Beastmaster again now and even though its different, its awesome!

Can she specialize her pets yet?

I love the look of the Hunter Tier 2. It looks a bit weird on that Troll though. Here's a question...my hunter is still wearing hers, but when upgrades come, can I transmorg it over and over?

I am digging the hell out of the look I have put together so far (and all of it is quest/rep gear)
Spoilered for size:
11.jpg
12.jpg

That's fantastic! I'm really obsessive about getting the rare version of any wild pets I battle and like. I need to find a good mechanical pet.

I am digging the hell out of the look I have put together so far (and all of it is quest/rep gear)
I just got my first JP item, the plate dps chest, and I loved the design so much I actually pulls some stuff out of void storage to form a new look. I have grown rather fond of what I dub the "Holy Crimson Jewelist".