[PC Game] World of Warcraft: Catch All Thread

Heirlooms do that, but not in the max level range till a few patches later, as the gearing process is 80% of the progression system. Even more so now that all quests and zones scale with you and thus removed the ability to outlevel a quest. The only way to get better at beating anything is gear.

Heirlooms do that, but not in the max level range till a few patches later, as the gearing process is 80% of the progression system. Even more so now that all quests and zones scale with you and thus removed the ability to outlevel a quest. The only way to get better at beating anything is gear.
But now you can stay in the zones you like to level in and never go near the ones you hate ever again.

But now you can stay in the zones you like to level in and never go near the ones you hate ever again.
Oh I agree. I am just saying that the gear is now the only progression for the characters power as they level. If you made it auto level in every situation, and the mobs and zones and dungeons now all auto level, then why have levels at all?

Dave

Staff member
God damn it. A buddy got back into it and wants me to as well. I watched him a while and...mother fu...

God damn it. A buddy got back into it and wants me to as well. I watched him a while and...mother fu...
I will say that this expansion is WAY more solo friendly than others; you can always drop in for just about any period of time and feel like you didn't waste your time.

So I get my rogue entirely kitted out in Warfront gear. Not in the mood to level alts, so I decide to go on the hunt for transmog gear.

Six vanilla and BC raids. ONE tier piece.

Eleven years after Kara killed my original guild, I finally cleared the place with my old rogue from that guild this weekend.

And got NOTHING for my transmog troubles.

Hey is anyone still playing? Are you playing Alliance? I would like to join a social guild on Alliance that I can dally in while I wait on my ability to rep out so I can play a fucking Mag'har.

Not really.

I won't go into certain legal events that have soured my love for the game, but for the most part, once Activision pushed out Mike Morhaime last year, I could see the writing on the wall. Mike was one of the few stalwart defenders of Blizzard autonomy, even doing things the "suits" above him at Activision hated (cancelling games, removing profitable features like the D3 RMAH, etc) and it was pretty obvious to me his "stepping down" was not by his own direct choice, but by Activision trying to assume more direct control. Hell, you can tell just by the title of the new president, J. A. Brack, who quite mysteriously dropped the "CEO" part of the title when he took over from Mike.

If you do decide to play, enjoy it while you can, same for any Blizzard game. It's going to get worst before it gets better.

Hey is anyone still playing? Are you playing Alliance? I would like to join a social guild on Alliance that I can dally in while I wait on my ability to rep out so I can play a fucking Mag'har.
Man, having to rep grind just to play a new race and go back to leveling a new character is what finally made me quit in frustration. I hope you can stick it out better than I did.

Man, having to rep grind just to play a new race and go back to leveling a new character is what finally made me quit in frustration. I hope you can stick it out better than I did.
It's not a lot of rep. I'm already revered. It only takes a few days. I like leveling since I didn't get to see any of Legion. The rest of it breezes by.

Dave

Staff member
I have my WoW account active just to play classic. Which is going to conflict heavily with No Man's Sky Beyond update. I can't wait to run through Barrens as a rogue again.

No thanks. It was great for it's time, but the mechanics and systems are so dated it's really not fun to play anymore.
It’ll be interesting to see how much people have really forgotten about the way mechanics used to be. The beta seems to be pretty popular though, and it sounds like even blizzard is surprised at how much time people are playing even though it will all be wiped.

I’m still torn between starting an undead lock or an orc warrior.

Yeah, I was also 21 and living with two of my guildmates along with all the new friends we made along the way. That experience can never be replicated (especially the being 21 part).

Looks like the list of servers is out. anyone want to try to get together on one?

• Normal: Atiesh, Mankrik, Myzrael, Pagle
  • PVP: Faerlina, Fairbanks, Herod, Thalnos, Whitemane
  • RP: Bloodsail Buccaneers
  • RP-PVP: Grobbulus

Dave

Staff member
I have a friend at work who is going to make a character with me. I'll check and see which one he prefers.

Got to play over the stress test this weekend. Wow, what a different experience altogether. I had forgotten how slow and methodical it was.

• I actually had to drink between fights which meant being more resource-savvy during and after a fight. No more spamming your strongest spell.
  • Levelling slowed down significantly. In BFA, I feel like I can level up to Level 10 within 10 minutes of starting. I only managed to get to level 6 so far.
  • Buying new/updated skills costs money, and you're making significantly less money as you move through quests. This means I had to be judicious in my selection of new/upgraded skills as I levelled.
  • Prepare for a lot of whites as you level. But once you get a green (Or heaven forbid a blue), you definitely feel the leap forward in power.
  • Everything feels more earned and 'weighted'. You get good gear, and it means you put the time and energy into getting it. Levelling up feels meaningful again and has a considerable impact on your gameplay.
Overall I enjoyed it and wish I had more time to play. The time sink component of it is going to be my biggest barrier, but the experience itself feels positive. Looking forward to release.

Dave

Staff member
Looks like the list of servers is out. anyone want to try to get together on one?

• Normal: Atiesh, Mankrik, Myzrael, Pagle
  • PVP: Faerlina, Fairbanks, Herod, Thalnos, Whitemane
  • RP: Bloodsail Buccaneers
  • RP-PVP: Grobbulus
My work friends and I are doing Harod - Alliance.

Aw, man. Okay. :-(
Thinking about it, I’ll probably make a gnome lock and see how it goes. I can’t say I’ll stick with it for sure, but world pvp was something I was looking to actually see again. So might as well jump full in.

Dave

Staff member
It did. I started spamming as soon as I could and even though I was in less than a minute after it opened, I did not, in fact, get the name Dave. Now it becomes my life's ambition to track Dave down and kill him.

I'm instead CrankyOlDave.

I couldn't get any of my oldy character names anywhere so I gave up pretty quick.

Not like I was ACTUALLY going to play them.