[PC Game] World of Warcraft: Catch All Thread

They used the actual term -bragging rights- more than once actually.
And "bragging rights" does not mean exclusive club. They add a lot of content for bragging purposes due to challenge, but the "invite" system was designed as a form of gating, not to make it feel like a club.

As for their intentions, the intentions are both clear in writing and practice. I thought I made that rather clear. How are they not reaching their goals in practice?

And "bragging rights" does not mean exclusive club. They add a lot of content for bragging purposes due to challenge, but the "invite" system was designed as a form of gating, not to make it feel like a club.

As for their intentions, the intentions are both clear in writing and practice. I thought I made that rather clear. How are they not reaching their goals in practice?
Because their goal was to stem the tide of people using the Brawler's Guild, yet with CRZ it makes it a moot point.

Because their goal was to stem the tide of people using the Brawler's Guild, yet with CRZ it makes it a moot point.
Not at all, the invites still stem the tide, CRZ does not change that. Like I said, even with CRZ less people will be taking part in the Brawlers Guild then if they just made it open to all players on the server, because CRZ can scale.

You seem to get lost because what you thought they meant was "We only want a handful of people doing it at a time", that was not the intention, it was basically "We don't want hundreds of people stuffing the room to fight over the event the first few months." CRZ and the ability to scale means they can control the flow both through the invites and the CRZ system.

Not at all, the invites still stem the tide, CRZ does not change that. Like I said, even with CRZ less people will be taking part in the Brawlers Guild then if they just made it open to all players on the server, because CRZ can scale.

You seem to get lost because what you thought they meant was "We only want a handful of people doing it at a time", that was not the intention, it was basically "We don't want hundreds of people stuffing the room to fight over the event the first few months." CRZ and the ability to scale means they can control the flow both through the invites and the CRZ system.
Yeah ok, except there are hundreds of people stuffing the room to fight over the event the first few months. So keep on truckin.

I assume most people assume I'm a guy when I play based on the odd reactions I've gotten any time Usher comes up in conversation.
It's because for just as many women who play female chars there are men who play them. Especially blood elves. EX: see the post above yours.
Since you decided you would rather stop discussing and act like a child, we can refrain from continuing.
You just kept posting conjecture and theories with proof being against you (the current CRZ disaster yet somehow magically it'll be fine for Brawler's Guild) so yeah, I decided to just dismiss you.

You just kept posting conjecture and theories with proof being against you (the current CRZ disaster yet somehow magically it'll be fine for Brawler's Guild) so yeah, I decided to just dismiss you.
None of it was theories, I even posted a Blizzard post for you. If you don't believe me, how about actually attending the Brawlers Guild? I did for a short while, it was actually pretty enjoyable and not overcrowded in the least. Clean 50fps per second, multiple people from different servers, no whining at all from any of those participating. (though a lot of heckling and/or cheering depending on the fighter).

Issues with CRZ are due to problems at lower levels and involve quests, mostly those that don't wish to slow down leveling or get ganked. Those issues don't exist in the Brawlers Guild, don't be jaded.

But go ahead, keep acting like a child about it if you want. If you don't wish to discuss anything and instead wish to rely on "na huh", go right ahead.

It's kind of embarrassing how long it took me to figure that one out, but yes, 50/50 is likely about right. I firmly believe that female gnomes are all really female. Please don't take that from me :D

None of it was theories, I even posted a Blizzard post for you. If you don't believe me, how about actually attending the Brawlers Guild? I did for a short while, it was actually pretty enjoyable and not overcrowded in the least. Clean 50fps per second, multiple people from different servers, no whining at all from any of those participating. (though a lot of heckling and/or cheering depending on the fighter).

Issues with CRZ are due to problems at lower levels and involve quests, mostly those that don't wish to slow down leveling or get ganked. Those issues don't exist in the Brawlers Guild, don't be jaded.

But go ahead, keep acting like a child about it if you want. If you don't wish to discuss anything and instead wish to rely on "na huh", go right ahead.
How bout I just reply with :rofl: because that's basically what I did when I read your canned repeated reply.

Mostly because you called me jaded when I'm one of the biggest defenders of CRZ and how it doesn't affect me. Now who's not reading?

It's kind of embarrassing how long it took me to figure that one out, but yes, 50/50 is likely about right. I firmly believe that female gnomes are all really female. Please don't take that from me :D
I still try and wrap my brain around straight-males playing -sexy females- characters because it's -visually appealing-. I always felt that in an MMO you put yourself into the game and want others to see it as a digital representation of yourself.

How bout I just reply with :rofl: because that's basically what I did when I read your canned repeated reply.
Nice attempt to deflect, keep digging the hole though.

Mostly because you called me jaded when I'm one of the biggest defenders of CRZ and how it doesn't affect me. Now who's not reading?
Yes, because I see that considering you called it a "disaster". Might wish to use better words. I find it funny though that your supposed "supporting" opinions on CRZ still meant it sucked for the Brawlers Guild, like obviously. It seems you never even visited it though.

Do me a favor, go actually learn what CRZ does, and how it scales, and why the issues exist for it in the first place. Until you do, I have no reason to discuss it with you.

Nice attempt to deflect, keep digging the hole though.

Yes, because I see that considering you called it a "disaster". Might wish to use better words. I find it funny though that your supposed "supporting" opinions on CRZ still meant it sucked for the Brawlers Guild, like obviously. It seems you never even visited it though.

Do me a favor, go actually learn what CRZ does, and how it scales, and why the issues exist for it in the first place. Until you do, I have no reason to discuss it with you.
I know it just fine, your defense has been exactly what Blizzard's has been -It's fine the way it is, it barely affects anyone negatively and the only thing we need to work on is the technical issue- fuck the fact that it's not doing what they inteded it to do which was enhance social aspects of WoW and is instead destroying it.

Until you think for yourself, instead of what Blizzard tells you to think, I have no reason to discuss it with you :)

Why is it that every time that Gilgamesh disagrees with something there ends up being pages and pages of 2 people fighting over dumb nitpicky shit. :p

Why is it that every time that Gilgamesh disagrees with something there ends up being pages and pages of 2 people fighting over dumb nitpicky shit. :p
Because it's ridiculously fun? Well for me anyway.

Edit: You disagree that it's fun for me? Ooooookay.

Note: CRZ and Brawler's Guild are two things that don't even affect me or bother me in any way. I'm simply echoing the thousands of posts on the WoW forums about how this is an issue and it's amusing to me how Scythe simply repeats Blizzard's dismissive/canned responses.

I still try and wrap my brain around straight-males playing -sexy females- characters because it's -visually appealing-. I always felt that in an MMO you put yourself into the game and want others to see it as a digital representation of yourself.

I'm not sure what that says about me...I want people to think I'm a pink haired bad ass. Wait...that's actually alright :D

WoW is probably the only MMO where I have mainly male avatars. I think it's because the majority of the Alliance females are fairly unappealing to me or the males look cool enough to offset something.

The majority of my characters are male, so I'm either not secure in my masculinity, or I'm more secure... not sure which way it goes.

The only exception is goblins and gnomes, because they're awesome.

The majority of my characters are male, so I'm either not secure in my masculinity, or I'm more secure... not sure which way it goes.

The only exception is goblins and gnomes, because they're awesome.
I don't think it has anything to do with security or masculinity. I do agree that Female Gnomes are pretty boss though.

WoW is probably the only MMO where I have mainly male avatars. I think it's because the majority of the Alliance females are fairly unappealing to me or the males look cool enough to offset something.
I always had the opposite, as I find nothing at all appealing about the Alliance males outside of the Worgen. Maybe I just prefer bestial males, since a lot of my males I do play are Horde.

I don't really have any rhyme or reason as to whether my characters are male or female. I've got a bunch of both of almost all races scattered over a bunch of realms.