[PC Game] World of Warcraft: Catch All Thread

I'm not gonna lie, I stopped even trying to do the 2nd LFR dungeon(3rd set) because all I ever got on my priest was the last/3rd boss, which I would have to sit through wipe after wipe until the raid basically failed. I got really annoyed at the fact that EVERY SINGLE TIME I queue'd it was 2/3 so I just gave up on it all together. Say what you will, but it is just as frustrating never getting to do full runs of new content as it is being in the raid for 2 bosses then not being able to fill it.

To be honest, Blizzard would fix a lot of the issues they are having if they used an old idea I came up with before LFR was even a "thing". Don't utilize the LFR raids like the full dungeons of the Normal/Heroic versions. You want to kill Tsulong? Queue for Tsulong. You want to kill Sha of Fear? Queue for Sha of Fear. It basically treats every boss like an Onyxia-style fight, teleporting you into the boss room to fight just the boss. You can only fight each boss once for loot as normal, but you can better choose the ones you fight and in what order. Want the random Valor? Queue for a random boss fight.

I know this breaks the story flow a bit, but it would go a long way for convenience in LFR.
I think a better idea would be to reduce the drop chance, but let every boss in the raid have a chance of dropping every piece of gear. Might keep people in for the whole thing.

I think a better idea would be to reduce the drop chance, but let every boss in the raid have a chance of dropping every piece of gear. Might keep people in for the whole thing.
If they reduce the drop chance on the slot machine, people are going to be more pissed when they kill 40 bosses and only get gold, even if they can keep doing the boss over and over.

Actually this does remind me of a suggestion I was going to post... I should do that now.

They'd see a drop the same amount of times though. This way they wouldn't be dropping after a certain boss because they don't need anything from the rest.

They'd see a drop the same amount of times though. This way they wouldn't be dropping after a certain boss because they don't need anything from the rest.
I think I misunderstood what you were saying, I see now you meant just allowing all loot in the whole dungeon to drop off every boss. Part of me likes the idea, but part of me does not, since it means an easier chance of getting the same pants four times in a row when I want the cloak. It would have to be tweaked.

I'm not gonna lie, I stopped even trying to do the 2nd LFR dungeon(3rd set) because all I ever got on my priest was the last/3rd boss, which I would have to sit through wipe after wipe until the raid basically failed. I got really annoyed at the fact that EVERY SINGLE TIME I queue'd it was 2/3 so I just gave up on it all together. Say what you will, but it is just as frustrating never getting to do full runs of new content as it is being in the raid for 2 bosses then not being able to fill it.
I do all 5 LFRs every week with zero issue. It's a Battlegroup thing.

I think I misunderstood what you were saying, I see now you meant just allowing all loot in the whole dungeon to drop off every boss. Part of me likes the idea, but part of me does not, since it means an easier chance of getting the same pants four times in a row when I want the cloak. It would have to be tweaked.
That's true. If they're doing a check on your spec, maybe they can do a gear check and not give it to you if you already have it equipped. I'm sure they could come up with something.

I do all 5 LFRs every week with zero issue. It's a Battlegroup thing.
I think the game hates me and doesn't want me to do a full run. It will probably be fine now that it has been out for a bit. It's like the last boss of MSV at first, when random tanks were trying to say that you can't dodge all the weapon slashes. (Lolololol)

The problem with LFR right now is that it's bugged and won't show how many bosses have been killed before you enter. I'm highly upset at this predicament...

I'm 100% hoping it's bugged. Imagine queing into 2/3 over and over and over? Your only option being deserter buff again and again.
Usually if something is a bug, they let people know on the forums pretty quick. When it's a potentially unpopular "feature" they just ignore the forum comments and wait for it to die away. So far there's no word on whether it's intended or not, so I'm guessing it is.

I seem to recall this being a problem with the Halls of Origination in Cataclysm. People would never do all of the bosses there until it got to the point where people were farming points.

I hated getting LFR's that're 2/3 or whatever, with only the last boss of it left. Generally it ends up being a group of window-lickers that can't do anything right and keep wiping at 50%.

I'm 100% hoping it's bugged. Imagine queing into 2/3 over and over and over? Your only option being deserter buff again and again.
So apparently finishing a partial LFR will now make your next LFR to be a complete LFR. No patch notes, and it took someone asking why blizz doesn't post full patch notes to admit to it. Nice. Just fuckin let us know what you're changing. It's not that hard.:rolleyes:

So apparently finishing a partial LFR will now make your next LFR to be a complete LFR. No patch notes, and it took someone asking why blizz doesn't post full patch notes to admit to it. Nice. Just fuckin let us know what you're changing. It's not that hard.:rolleyes:
I noticed that happened in 3 of my 5LFRs. Not the least bit upsetting if I can still finish them all without bosses repeating.

Also, lol at brawlers guild being CRZ. "We want it to be exclusive!" "Oh wait that's too exclusive let's make it CRZ!"

They want the actual brawling to be exclusive, but they want lots of people "watching", which wouldn't really work without CRZ.

Except it's going to breed frustration and anger towards people from other servers. Just like it does when questing.

People are territorial when it comes to their server, it's the way this game is structured. It's my server. When you find the queue to fight is an hour long and it's filled with people from other servers people are going to get upset. What do people do when they get bored and annoyed in Wow? Spend their time trolling and harassing the other players. What else is there to do while sitting around waiting for your fight? Cheer people on? Not the bastards from that other server.

Except the -que- to actually brawl is also on the CRZ, so you could end up 50th in line because of it.

Yup, thus an audience. I didn't point out why that audience would be there.

People are territorial when it comes to their server, it's the way this game is structured. It's my server. When you find the queue to fight is an hour long and it's filled with people from other servers people are going to get upset. What do people do when they get bored and annoyed in Wow? Spend their time trolling and harassing the other players. What else is there to do while sitting around waiting for your fight? Cheer people on? Not the bastards from that other server.
People are going to be assholes regardless of the server, that's just how it works sometimes. If they made it so it was just people on the same server you would still have people complaining how his guildies and him have to wait for that other guild, or they have to wait for that slow ass protection paladin. WoW is not known for having the best community.

Brawlers Guild has some issues, but the CRZ is not really one of them, as without it the design of having an audience wouldn't work out. This makes it have what can be called a "captive audience"

Yup, thus an audience. I didn't point out why that audience would be there.
That didn't make any sense. People aren't complaining about there being an CRZ audience, they're complaining that even though they're supposed to be part of an exclusive club they paid alot of money to get into, they're not very exclusive when the que is shared by CRZ.

You can say that if you want, but honestly the whole point of the BM AH to get in and such was to throttle entry right off the bat, and CRZ more or less defeats that. If they wanted more participation they should have lowered the bar for entry more.

That didn't make any sense. People aren't complaining about there being an CRZ audience, they're complaining that even though they're supposed to be part of an exclusive club they paid alot of money to get into, they're not very exclusive when the que is shared by CRZ.
It was never called an "exclusive club", the whole invite system was designed for ramping. They don't want the system to be phased because they want it to have an audience, but they don't want the whole room filled with hundreds (possibly thousands) of players all trying to click that one NPC that starts the quest, thus why they made the invite system to slowly allow people in over time. They said once it comes to a point that they are no longer worried about how many people are attempting it, they will open up the invites to everyone.

You can say that if you want, but honestly the whole point of the BM AH to get in and such was to throttle entry right off the bat, and CRZ more or less defeats that. If they wanted more participation they should have lowered the bar for entry more.
CRZ has limiters to make sure not too many people enter a specific server group, servers themselves do not. It's easier for them to scale down how many appear in CRZ then to stop hundreds of people on a server itself from stuffing themselves into the room and clicking the NPC.

Scytherexx said:
but they don't want the whole room filled with hundreds (possibly thousands) of players all trying to click that one NPC that starts the quest,
Yet they made it CRZ useable. You answer your own question.

Yet they made it CRZ useable. You answer your own question.
CRZ can be scaled, as I already answered. The amount of people you are seeing in the Brawlers Guild even with CRZ is smaller then you would have saw if the Brawlers Guild didn't have the invite system.

P.S. To try and be more clear, Blizzard wants a healthy amount of people watching the matches. "Healthy" in this context is somewhere between two numbers we don't know, likely more then 20 but less then a couple hundred. The only way to successfully keep it below hundreds is to limit the base entry (Invites) so some people just won't bother, but to keep it over just a really small handful of people they need to have a method the can add others and scale it (CRZ).

I don't even really care about Brawlers Guild, I am just trying to explain the exact reasoning behind why they are doing this.

I'm sure that's exactly how it'll work, I mean, it's not like there's overcrowding issues in CRZ in other aspects.
This is not a quest. You seem to not really understand the purpose of this new feature, and what they want from it.

To break it down further...

No Invites = Hundreds of people stuff themselves into the Brawlers Guild to attempt to take part. That many players + small area = not good, as Blizzard learned many times before (The whole Argent Tournament was moved to Icecrown because of design issues caused by Dalaran, which caused the entire zone of Crystalsong to become pretty much worthless).

Invites but limited to server = A dozen people standing around, no real audiance, barely anyone to get excited about the fights. That few players + not phased = Whats the point?

Invites plus CRZ = Area scaled to hold amount of people they want to be taking part and watching the events, some will have invites, some will not, but people will be watching at the level they want, without the server themselves crashing in due to limits of invites.

Not sure why this is hard to understand.

P.S. Here, might be better to just let Blizzard explain it.

We've seen some confusion about people from other realms showing up in the Brawler's Guild.

It's important to note that the Brawler's Guild only uses realm coalescing when the number of participants is really low, so a lot of people are seeing people from other realms due to the fact that there haven't been many invitations to join distributed yet. It's highly likely the area will cease to activate CRZ on most realms as participation increases. Having 100+ people in the queue doesn't create a good experience, but, from our perspective, neither does having only a small handful of people.

The feature is designed to bring a decent population into the guild, and those people should spend at least a modest amount of time as spectators or loiterers before getting into the ring. We didn't design the Brawler's Guild with the intention of getting you through queues in 10 minutes or less. We're not trying to replicate Dungeon Finder for the solo player with Brawler's Guild.

If the place seems overcrowded AND you're seeing people from other realms there, it could be a situation where the population check that determines whether or not to coalesce a realm hasn't run again yet. As I said before, this should stabilize in time and likely automatically disable CRZ for the guild.

Break it down all you like, it's contradictory information between making the Brawler's guild invite only to give it some kind of exclusivity/bragging rights and then to open it up fully to CRZ and not just audience participation.

Break it down all you like, it's contradictory information between making the Brawler's guild invite only to give it some kind of exclusivity/bragging rights and then to open it up fully to CRZ and not just audience participation.
That's where you have a mistaken assumption. It was never said or intended to be exclusive/bragging rights. It's a time/money sink that they used a limited invitation system to reduce a flood of people all at once.

Scythe has more than made that clear.

Part of the problem is that I don't think anyone really expected normal queue times to be close to an hour. A lot of the people who dropped large amounts of gold on invites would have passed it up if they knew that.

Part of the problem is that I don't think anyone really expected normal queue times to be close to an hour. A lot of the people who dropped large amounts of gold on invites would have passed it up if they knew that.
Then they should have waited a bit, noticed the issue, and then passed.

I can bet you most people that jump in to purchase invites on Day 1 are usually the type that would wait an hour, just because he wants the chance to get the achievements before anyone else he knows. Those that don't wait an hour are the type that got the invite randomly off a rare mob and thus didn't really pay anything, so they can just come back another day.

That's where you have a mistaken assumption. It was never said or intended to be exclusive/bragging rights. It's a time/money sink that they used a limited invitation system to reduce a flood of people all at once.

Scythe has more than made that clear.
They used the actual term -bragging rights- more than once actually.

Scythe has made their intentions in writing clear, but it's not what they're doing in practice.