WORDLE

No idea how I pulled this one off. Got to Line 3 and just sort of played around with a few word choices, stopping myself when I realized a letter was already greyed out. Stumbled onto thinking of "wrung" and boom. Didn't even use WordHippo this time.
Wordle.JPG

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
The thing about SALET is that if you don't get greens and yellows, it means you have to make your second word out of R I O C N to get the other 5 of the top 10.

I had to use a scrabble word finder to figure out if there's any word that uses that. Apparently ORCIN is a valid word in scrabble, but I'm not sure I want to spend the turn finding out if it's on the Wordle word list.

The thing about SALET is that if you don't get greens and yellows, it means you have to make your second word out of R I O C N to get the other 5 of the top 10.

I had to use a scrabble word finder to figure out if there's any word that uses that. Apparently ORCIN is a valid word in scrabble, but I'm not sure I want to spend the turn finding out if it's on the Wordle word list.
That's what Wordl is for.

1643619842392.png

1643619853243.png

I seem to not have posted my 224 - but it was a 5-guesser.
Terrible word; also because I tend to forget words like that can be used in English since they are considered adjectives. In my mind it's only the past tense of the verb, which wouldn't be a valid word for Scrabble/boggle/wordle in Dutch.

As far as Wordle gods go... There are rare cases where a 2-line solution is due to skill, but in the vast majority of cases, one or two line guesses are more luck than skill - or pure luck.

GasBandit

Staff member
Man things are just not going my way lately
1643643399140.png

Had to try ORCIN first because I don't come back into this thread until I've done the day's puzzle, to avoid spoilers, so I didn't see Bubble's post
1643643433102.png

And this one also had me worried for a bit.

1643643913662.png

1643643935510.png

figmentPez

Staff member
Wordle 2022-01-31 115117.png

*whew* That was a close one. I've been playing with self imposed hard rules, and not using optimized starting words, just to see what it takes to lose. Still haven't, yet.

Wordle 2022-01-31 115145.png

Wordle 2022-01-31 115207.png

Welp. Everything beautiful must die.5D50B8E8-F178-4767-B60A-4452BA182106.png
I know he says it will stay free to play, but we’ll see how true that is once it’s actually in NYT hands.

As far as Wordle gods go... There are rare cases where a 2-line solution is due to skill, but in the vast majority of cases, one or two line guesses are more luck than skill - or pure luck.
Bubble can't handle my (temporary) amazingness.

Dave

Staff member
There’s a site that has wordle already and you can do several words not just one a day. And you can raise or lower the number of letters. I never mentioned it because half of the popularity of wordle was it was only one word a day and everyone shares that word. It’s a shared experience that made it popular.

There’s a site that has wordle already and you can do several words not just one a day. And you can raise or lower the number of letters. I never mentioned it because half of the popularity of wordle was it was only one word a day and everyone shares that word. It’s a shared experience that made it popular.
Yeah, there's a lot of ways Wordle's set up made it unique. I LIKED that it was only one a day because it made the while thing communal. There are tons of imitators popping up, but I doubt I'll be interested.

Yeah, it wasn't exactly a new concept - Lingo has existed for literal decades.
It's the "one a day, share/compete" nature of it that made it interesting. No doubt I can download a dozen knockoffs - some perhaps with better UI and all that than the original - and do a thousand a day, but why would I?

Also, with all the imitators out there, if NYT messes it up and starts changing things, there will likely be a mass exodus

Good for the creator to get some money out of it before it became untenable for him.

Edit: oh yeah, 4/6 on today's, how'd you do @BErt? ;)