[TV] Winter HAS COME! - A Game of Thrones

From a description of the islands they should number no more than 20,000 from the description of their military they are almost 500,000.
Oh c'mon, 20k is a big village... King's Landing alone is supposed to have 500k people...

Sure, the islands don't do crops well, but seeing how the population is almost all sailors (slaves doing most of the menial work), they probably just need to import a lot of lemons, and just eat a lot of fish.

And their ships probably don't have really big crews either, considering that Cersei mentions a 10th century ship that held about 100+ people as the biggest one they make, and the ironmen dont seem to use those, and mostly have viking longships.

From someone who hasn't read the book (not me):
New Trailer! OOOH! Action! Action! Dany standing around! Action! Action! Dany… standing around… Action! Arya!!! Action! Dany… uh… so, is she gonna mainly give speeches this season or something? That's, uh, not gonna be her "thing" is it?

For reals though, that trailer looks great.

Best season to come

After this season though we get to watch Dany and Bran 50% of the show doing nothing productive.

My old theory was that Jon Snow was Rhaegar and the Stark sister child and not Neds. And he and Danny hook up to save the world. Now I think he gets it in the back and there is a child of Rhaegar out there somewhere. Martin kinda bludgeoned it into a square hole in my head.

Haven't watch season 3 yet, but that trailer was fucking amazing.

Haven't gone past the prologue for book 5 yet. I feel like if I start reading it now, I'm not going to do anything else for a while.

Trailer for Season 3 was far better IMHO. They need the Eunuch to have a a monologue every season until he.....

The music selection wasn't as powerful as earlier season trailers too, but it still beats the shit out of most trailers.

Man, the new Mountain is sure....a real mountain of a man. That's good, afer the terrible awkward skinny dude that replaced Conan Stevens in the second season was so disappointing.

Now I think he gets it in the back and there is a child of Rhaegar out there somewhere.
Fun observation someone on the internet made once, If Martin kills someone it never ends without actually having them dead, even when that one guy got burned right at the end of the chapter, he didn't die then, but later, during another chapter.

Also, Melisandre is a bit slow, you'd think she'd realise what she was seeing in the fire wasn't the magic not working...

My wife is reading A Storm of Swords and getting close to ... that chapter.

I should probably let her continue reading for the day. She shouldn't be on the subway when she gets there.

3 Mountains so far? Wow.
Yeah, Conan Stevens in season 1(who is pretty awesome, but left to be in the Hobbit and Spartacus I think)

Followed by awkward super tall kind of scrawny (relative to Conan Stevens and Season 4 guy) guy Ian Whyte (who also apparently played the white walker in seasons 1 and 2 and the giant in 3)

And now as pictured in the above post, new giant man for season 4.

I keep checking this thread HOPING someone will post something about GRRM finishing the next book. I am routinely let down.

:(

I bet that fuck hasn't even gotten a quarter of the book written and the last copy was published 3 years ago and probably has written more on his blog than anything else.