Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Zappit

Staff member
I’ve only ever driven one car - my first car - and it’s given me many years of good, reliable service.

But, it Brazelton’d a few days ago. It’s just not worth the price to fix a 21-year old car with no working air conditioning.

To my credit, I kept a 1999 Mercury Sable in such good condition that it didn’t have a speck of rust, which stunned the repair guys.

It’s time to move on, though. I’ve been looking at a few other sedans this weekend - Camry, Impreza, Elantra, and a Sonata. So far, I like the Sonata best, and might go with that.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

It’s likely obvious who this is. I’m choosing to post anonymously to protect a former coworker.

They clearly didn’t understand how to do our work. That’s sad because they were brought on at a very high level. They asked a ton of stupid questions. Alarmingly stupid questions. Their files are being reviewed and it’s now somehow my job to correct their work. I have my own deadlines to meet.

I haven't flown anywhere in like 5 years and now there is the Corona Virus scare going around and I have to go through both of the most likely places it would have passed through in Canada, Vancouver and Toronto airports.

Lovely.

More people die from the flu every hour in China alone, than have died from the Corona virus so far.
I'm not saying it's not a serious issue, but it's really not the Great Big Plague media are blowing it up to be.
Only people with a compromised immune system - like @Squidleybits - have any serious reason for concern.

Really, I'm not so much afraid I'd get it but rather that the heightened security and scrutiny will make travelling worse. Or if they implement the temperature scanners that they had during SARS that I get flagged because I run warmer and get told I can't go, or worse, can't come back.

It was so cold in the office today that my nails were blue even with a space heater on the desk next to me.

I called the service line.

Why was it so cold?

The heat was off.

Omfg this landlord.

So I decided to replace the cat litter today because that's what a responsible cat owner does. I just finished filling it up and was about to put the box back where it usually is (about 2 feet away). My dick of a cat decides that is inadequate and pees right where the box normally is. Thankfully it's on a rubber mat, but what a fucking dick.

(I still love him)
IMG_1395.JPG

He honestly doesn't always look pissed. It's just that when his eyes are open enough to not look angry, he's also too playful to get a picture of. Unlees he's asleep, which is also adorable but different.

Dave

Staff member
It was so cold in the office today that my nails were blue even with a space heater on the desk next to me.

I called the service line.

Why was it so cold?

The heat was off.

Omfg this landlord.
We are not allowed space heaters or electric blankets in our office. If we get caught they confiscate them.

We have them anyway, we just have to lock them up before we leave and make sure they are hidden during use.

We are not allowed space heaters or electric blankets in our office. If we get caught they confiscate them.

We have them anyway, we just have to lock them up before we leave and make sure they are hidden during use.
I work for a major building supply company, specifically electrical, there is a brooder lamp with heat bulb above my desk. I did the same for my boss, thus my dastardly deed has been overlooked. I preface they use a clamp system so I can stow them when prying eyes come.

And your walls will get humid, plastic items will become brittle, etc. I mean, sur,e put on a sweater and a pocket heater pad instead of heating the whole house to tropical temperatures, but I wouldn't put the thermostat down below 17°C voluntarily.
You would never survive in Saskatchewan, you sweet summer child.

My neck is so rough this week. The pain is one thing, but it feels like it can’t hold up my head. I know this isn’t possible, but omg it feels that way.

And your walls will get humid, plastic items will become brittle, etc. I mean, sur,e put on a sweater and a pocket heater pad instead of heating the whole house to tropical temperatures, but I wouldn't put the thermostat down below 17°C voluntarily.
laughs in Minnesotan

I can’t keep up with social media. It’s not important right now, but likely will be in the near future - I would like a steady stream of art commissions or selling original work, which means I need to be seen on socials and network with others. I have my podcast, which I would love to have more listeners, but again I need to promote it more on social media. And lastly, streaming; I don’t know if I ever want to get anywhere with streaming but if I do it would require social media.

I don’t have the patience but I feel like I have to for all of my ventures to succeed.UGH. I’m old.

Got the last of the W2's from all 3 jobs I worked last year, entered the boxes into TurboTax, expected to get a couple hundred back like last year, since I only earned $1000 more but lowered my exemptions so that more of each paycheck would go straight to the government.

Nope. TurboTax says I owe over $600 to the Fed. I'm just going like WTF and gotta go over everything compared to last year to see what changed.