Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

I borked up.

I made the mistake of thinking of my mother as a, ya know, person. And a caring one at that. Such a fool.

I admitted to her that I have PTSD, and that I see a shrink for it.
What do I get in return? I get called (more) names, and told that my shrink doesn't know what she's talking about.

And she wonders why I don't jump at the chance to see her whenever she's in town.
I think I may have said this before, and I know this is harsh, especially considering she's your mother, but...

Your mother sounds like a toxic, manipulative, gas-lighting gremlin that you should probably cut all ties to before her own toxic nature manages to pull you down with her. All of her behavior is manipulative and targeted at trying to sabotage you, and you don't owe it to her to let her try.

I agree with Poe that his statement is kinda harsh, but I also agree that it sounds like she is trying to manipulate you. I don’t know the reasoning behind it, whether she is jealous of your success, worried that you won’t need her any more, upset that you must not’ve followed her advice, or ashamed that her parenting wasn’t good enough to keep you (whatever she considers) “sane.” Whatever reason she may have, though, it’s wrong.

—Patrick

... worried that you won’t need her any more, ...
—Patrick
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

And yes, she's a narcissistic emotionally abusive person. But she's my mother, and for some reason, I keep wanting to try and have a relationship with her.

I took a couple of days off my workout routine because I walked a bazillion steps with my son on Friday while he was playing Minecraft Earth and it destroyed my legs for those couple of days. Today I went to do my normal routine (10 min warm-up on Beat Saber followed by 20ish+ minutes on Ring Fit) and I got two minutes in to Ring Fit before I was totally wiped and felt like I wanted to throw up. So I managed to do the leg gym and a front press challenge before I had to quit, but it was really weird to me that I was that run down today. I hope I'm not getting sick.

I have two Whines, but I feel guilty about the first one because the second one is so much worse.

I had minor surgery yesterday, or I'm going to call it minor because they only used local anesthesia. Basically, what I thought might be a sign I inherited my maternal grandmother's bad leg circulation, turned out my circulation is great, but I had a rogue vein that was spilling blood into my knee. Yesterday they yanked the vein out and I couple hours ago I was finally able to take off the mummy-like wrappings off my entire leg. I've got two weeks recovery ahead of me with a stupid compression stocking. But the whine is I'm stiff and sore and walking sucks but I have to get up and walk frequently as part of the healing.

But I feel guilty because I know it can be so much worse. I was woken up this morning by separate texts from two friends saying that a good friend of ours had a heart attack on the way to his parents' home last night and died. Mr Z. has known him since high school, and I've known him over 16 years. He was one of the kindest, funniest people you could meet. I can't remember a time we hung out where he wasn't a blast to talk to. He was also extremely talented. He went to culinary school and has worked in some of New York's finest restaurants, and a number of famous chefs. He invited us out one night a few years back and treated us to dinner at one of them, and it was exquisite. But the cooking world is stressful, and a few years back he had stroke. I'm sure being a heavy smoker for many years didn't help. Before the stroke, he was also an amazing singer. Like, he made the tryouts for Season 2 or 3 of American Idol, and the only reason he didn't get further was because they used to put people into groups first, and even if you're great, if they don't like your group, you don't get to try solo auditions. He wasn't that upset, but he did say one of the AI staff apologized because he shouldn't have been in said group. Anyway, he was a hard worker with so much talent, and such a sweet soul, it's just so unfair.

It should be illegal for November 1st to be on a Friday. I understand that it'll be so nice once it comes, but I want my 4 day weekend noooow

-Got out of work 9:30p last night, the 1hr commute means didn't get home until 10:30.
-Didn't get to bed until 1:30a.
-Had to get up at 3:30a in order to take Cranky to the airport (which is right near where I work) for the 5a check-in for his 6a flight.
-Got back home-ish @5:40a, went to the 24hr grocery for the bi-weekly shopping trip.
-7:15a back home to unload the car then turn right around for...
-8a ready for open at Trader Joe's for the rest of the groceries.
-9:15 stop at another store to get what TJs was missing.
-9:40 pick up prescriptions.
-10:00a drop son off at school.
Welp! Now that that's all done, I will be able to make it to my 10:30 appt at the muffler shop...

--Patrick

It should be illegal for November 1st to be on a Friday. I understand that it'll be so nice once it comes, but I want my 4 day weekend noooow
No Thanksgiving 4 day weekend in the UK, but I was looking forward the the Black Friday sales & going "What do you mean it's not this Friday? It's the 4th Friday in November!"

-Got out of work 9:30p last night, the 1hr commute means didn't get home until 10:30.
-Didn't get to bed until 1:30a.
-Had to get up at 3:30a in order to take Cranky to the airport (which is right near where I work) for the 5a check-in for his 6a flight.
-Got back home-ish @5:40a, went to the 24hr grocery for the bi-weekly shopping trip.
-7:15a back home to unload the car then turn right around for...
-8a ready for open at Trader Joe's for the rest of the groceries.
-9:15 stop at another store to get what TJs was missing.
-9:40 pick up prescriptions.
-10:00a drop son off at school.
Welp! Now that that's all done, I will be able to make it to my 10:30 appt at the muffler shop...

--Patrick
Just curious, does your son's school regularly start at 10?

Third shift during the holidays blows, whether there's family to spend it with or not. Since I don't have any within 200 miles of me, I'm firmly in the not category. But the alternatives are waking up at your 2 or 3am to have the big dinner for breakfast, or sleeping while everyone else is celebrating, waking up at the usual time for breakfast, and then having leftovers for lunch alone after everyone else has gone to bed. Meh.

So I'm thinking of consoling myself with Five Guys for Wednesday lunchtime, cardiologist be damned.

And then look for a repeat of this whine come Xmas. :p

My hot female supervisor has asked me to write a recommendation letter for her because she intends to go abroad for further study.

I mean, I could deliberately give her a bad recommendation, so that she'd be unable to leave, and would stay at the company, but I wouldn't do that.

This is the first time I'd be actively facilitating the departure of one of my hot female coworkers. Wait that didn't sound right.

Ugh, that was some annoying, slushy snow. Not as bad as last November when it caught us off-guard. But I hate it when the storm gets really bad just when I have to pick up Li'l Z from school. Nothing like the added stress of small children as you slide around.

Gaby is very stubborn and very prone to lose her temper. I'm afraid of what will happen when puberty actually hit her.

Gaby is very stubborn and very prone to lose her temper. I'm afraid of what will happen when puberty actually hit her.
More of the same. It's the joy of parenting.

Though my daughter was much more ridiculous when she was younger than she is at (almost)14. She still has her completely irrational moments, but it really isn't as bad as when she was young and still didn't really know how to express herself well.

The thing I wanted to buy sold out just hours before I was able to buy it :(

Hopefully they'll be making more of it, but I want it nowwwwww.

I feel ya.
My next computer system will probably be based around Ryzen 9 3900X, MSRP $499.
But currently they're going for $650, $800, even $1000 or more because demand is so high and all the first-party retailers are sold out.
I'm starting to wonder if they'll actually still be available by the time I start the build or whether I'll have to wait for the next generation.

--Patrick

I took a couple of days off my workout routine because I walked a bazillion steps with my son on Friday while he was playing Minecraft Earth and it destroyed my legs for those couple of days. Today I went to do my normal routine (10 min warm-up on Beat Saber followed by 20ish+ minutes on Ring Fit) and I got two minutes in to Ring Fit before I was totally wiped and felt like I wanted to throw up. So I managed to do the leg gym and a front press challenge before I had to quit, but it was really weird to me that I was that run down today. I hope I'm not getting sick.
So I've been not great since this and I spent a couple of weeks with weird unlocalized chest pain and getting winded trying to do anything more strenuous than walking. Doctor ruled out all the immediately scary stuff, so it's still a mystery. An annoying one.

Almost 10 Years ago I received an old psp as payment for a work than I don't even remember what it was. I almost never used it and I ended giving it to Gaby. It had a few games and emulators and she loved it. Today it just stopped working. Gaby, as always, acts like it didn't matter and I'm sad for that device for some reason.

I want to try the new 360 maps on Beat Saber but I don't want to overexert myself until I figure out what is going on with my health. :cry::cry::cry:

It’s been a gross week and I need a full week of sleep to recover:

- bad hair appointment with a lady who doesn’t understand the word blonde and charged me twice what my regular person does (not a huge deal with everything else taken into account)
- sick from god knows what crud people brought on to the planes home from up north. I had to leave work early last Friday.
- I was sick all last Saturday and barely moved. I was doing laundry for my work trip and we had a dryer fire in the middle of the night. Thank god I was awake or it would have been way worse. I was able to wake everyone up and get them downstairs and open the windows. We slept in our winter camping gear in the living room. It was scary. I really had to scream to wake a few of them up.
- I made calls the next day and found another dryer that fit to stack on our washer and stacking kit. It didn’t fit in our car :( so we had to rent a van at the last minute
- We didn’t want to use the new dryer without cleaning the ducts so we had to arrange that too and all our clothes and blankets stunk of smoke and I had a work trip.
- @HCGLNS went to the laundromat and I used a birthday gift card and got new clothes for my trip.
- my trip which involved a ton of walking (which is super hard for me when my next pain procedure is a few weeks away) and talking (which is hard when I’m still sick and my voice is wrecked).

Wake me up next week.