Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

I’m having serious issues walking right now and it must be obvious because not only have I broken out my cane again, but I was offered a scooter at Walmart today. I declined of course, but I found it upsetting and the subsequent trip through the store very hard physically as well.

I come home and mention it to friends and my family. The friends tha have seen it so far responded appropriately. My mother?? Sounds better than xxx! Xxx being her current health situation which probably isn’t cool for me to mention here. It’s serious for sure, but this isn’t a competition. No response would have been cool too.

I declined of course, but I found it upsetting and the subsequent trip through the store very hard physically as well.
Do what you want, but if the trip through the store was hard, your should probably take the scooter. It's not worth your pride to make yourself hurt more, not to mention you'd be the exact kind of person it's meant for.

I’m having serious issues walking right now and it must be obvious because not only have I broken out my cane again, but I was offered a scooter at Walmart today. I declined of course, but I found it upsetting and the subsequent trip through the store very hard physically as well.

I come home and mention it to friends and my family. The friends tha have seen it so far responded appropriately. My mother?? Sounds better than xxx! Xxx being her current health situation which probably isn’t cool for me to mention here. It’s serious for sure, but this isn’t a competition. No response would have been cool too.
May I send a squad of doomweasels to visit your mother?

Do what you want, but if the trip through the store was hard, your should probably take the scooter. It's not worth your pride to make yourself hurt more, not to mention you'd be the exact kind of person it's meant for.
I really hope I’m not quite there yet.

It took me a long time to be comfortable enough to use a cane in public.
Post automatically merged:

May I send a squad of doomweasels to visit your mother?
Oh at least two please.

I really hope I’m not quite there yet.

It took me a long time to be comfortable enough to use a cane in public.
I think you're looking at it the wrong way. What you need to get your own shopping scooter, but get it in black with, like, flames painted on the side, and fuzzy dice hanging from the basket and, like, glitter everywhere. Own it like a badass.

Hey, those scooters are pretty reasonably priced. And I bet even @HCGLNS could do some modifications...
I actually used to volunteer for the Tetra Society, which is an organization that modifies devices for people with physical disabilities. My last project was to adapt a walker for a woman with MS so she could still go to the beach.

there is something to be said about realizing you are alone. All my rage, my fury, my anger, my loathing, etc etc. I have driven everyone away. The ones that stayed eventually became to broken themselves to stay. Now as some cruel joke I am sitting on a dock alone with my favorite scotch, watching the stars. Only now can I realize the fact. No one is coming back, I will be this unmovable object against the storms of life, but I will be alone in it. I dont want any sympathy, I made this reality and I will have to live with what ive done. thanks for taking the time to listen.

there is something to be said about realizing you are alone. All my rage, my fury, my anger, my loathing, etc etc. I have driven everyone away. The ones that stayed eventually became to broken themselves to stay. Now as some cruel joke I am sitting on a dock alone with my favorite scotch, watching the stars. Only now can I realize the fact. No one is coming back, I will be this unmovable object against the storms of life, but I will be alone in it. I dont want any sympathy, I made this reality and I will have to live with what ive done. thanks for taking the time to listen.
Pass the scotch.

fade

Staff member
Dude, I just learned that socks with sandals are now back in style.

It's edgy counter culture.

But apparently lame on people over 18.....
Oh man, my teenager did this the other day. Black pulled up socks and these things called "jandals", which apparently translates to "cheap-ass, ugly plastic sandals". I asked him why he was dressed like my dad, and he just scoffed.

Oh man, my teenager did this the other day. Black pulled up socks and these things called "jandals", which apparently translates to "cheap-ass, ugly plastic sandals". I asked him why he was dressed like my dad, and he just scoffed.
When I was a teacher, I teased the white boys that wore sagging pants with... "Man I can't wait to tell my dad that his droopy drawers are now in fashion."

It feels like everything is in fashion nowadays. Everyone has their niche group, and dresses accordingly. The last phase that I personally went through was the bowling shirt phase thanks to The BIg Lebowski, Charlie Sheen, and Alton Brown.

Woof. Air Canada customer service really is non-existent.

They cancelled and re-booked our return flights in September. No problem, that's fine. At least they told us.

I want to re-book seats on the new flights and get a refund for the old selections.
1) the change they e-mailed about hasn't actually made it into their booking system yet, so I can't re-book seats
2) they can't issue a refund over the phone, I have to go fill out a form on-line... which I have doubts about to say the least

Yeesh.

At least in the hour that this has taken I've managed to re-do my nails so it wasn't a total wash.

Dave

Staff member
My mom has now started texting me links to Fox News to convince me of media bias brainwashing. :|
Text her back every link with opposing views from other places. Do BBC, CBS, NBC, etc. Show her that ALL of them say the same thing and that Fox is the ONLY one that has changed the story to fit the narrative.

But that would be exhausting so just ignore her.

Text her back every link with opposing views from other places. Do BBC, CBS, NBC, etc. Show her that ALL of them say the same thing and that Fox is the ONLY one that has changed the story to fit the narrative.

Yeah it's not worth my time, and wouldn't work anyways.

It's amazing how deep this conspiracy goes that there's literally only one honest outlet.

Oh man. A little 5 yr old girl in my daughter's kindergarten class has brain cancer. Fucking hell. Life can be cruel and fucked up.
Please don't give me hugs. I'm not trying to get sympathy from someone else's pain. Just sharing how I feel.
Post automatically merged:

My mom has now started texting me links to Fox News to convince me of media bias brainwashing. :|
My folks send me Fox News and TBN stuff all the time. I understand your pain.

Last edited:
Remind me when I'm having a nice day to NOT talk to my father on the phone. He always managed to suck all my patience and any joy I have left into his usual, self-involved void. But I'm also the only family member left he'll actually answer the phone and talk to. So it's my job to keep calling and make sure he isn't dead, so yay for that.

Shoulda kept my mouth shut.

Our first Monsoon storm came through last night, making it a nice 89F with a RHL of 64%. :thumbsdown:

We're now "down" to 27% RH, but it's a typical Arizona 100F out there. :confused:

My daughter cracked our stovetop last night.
IMG_20190723_200011.jpg
This means we have a bit without a stove until we get a new one, but on the upside, we can get a much needed upgrade (yayconvectionoven) and the new one will match our new dishwasher. :p We can thankfully afford it, so it's an annoyance more than anything.