Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

I was under the impression that this is a major no-no for an airline, due to the security risk.
He checked in to the flight and checked his luggage, generally no one checks who actually got on the plane before they load the luggage.

He checked in to the flight and checked his luggage, generally no one checks who actually got on the plane before they load the luggage.
Eeeeee.... that's, uh, kinda a big no-no if they're following TSA rules directly. If someone checks baggage, and checks in for the flight, and they push away from the terminal without that person on board, they're not checking passenger lists for people actually in seats. I think that was a big thing because of the possibility of a passenger passing themselves off as a legit traveler but having some sort of remote bomb that they'd activate from somewhere else.

Dave

Staff member
I wen on vacation starting June 26. Felt great. Travel to Colorado. Healthy as a horse. Drive home yesterday. Pinnacle of health. I have tomorrow off and then I go back to work. All day today I've had bad things leaking out of (nearly) every orifice and I feel terrible. So my last day of vacation will probably be spent in bed trying to recover.

Cut early the second night in a row. This is making the decision to leave the restaurant much easier. I can't afford a job that isn't even going to give me the hours I was scheduled, especially if I gave up an opportunity for a shift at the Amazon warehouse to be there instead.

Driving from my morning job, getting lunch, waiting around, then working an hour and a half to be told "we don't need you, you can go home"... I've got better things to do, man.

Last edited:
So I'm looking for a new place. My father has generously offered to buy me a house which I can then proceed to rent from him. So far, so good.

Today, I went to look at a new place. Newly renovated, top floor apartment, with spacious rooms, gorgeous kitchen, nice balcony, beautiful bathroom. Energy efficient as well. Basically the perfect place.

Except right next door was a car service station of some sort, and one street over is kind of a high-crime neighborhood. So I can't go live there, unfortunately, which really sucks because the apartment was so nice.

I have pain in my right ankle. It's either muscle, tendon, or nerve pain, can't tell which right now. It's gotten worse over the course of the day. I can think of no possible cause, I didn't injure the ankle or leg or foot at all in the last few days. I can't really walk, which is bad, because I really need to be able to walk right now.

I have pain in my right ankle. It's either muscle, tendon, or nerve pain, can't tell which right now. It's gotten worse over the course of the day. I can think of no possible cause, I didn't injure the ankle or leg or foot at all in the last few days. I can't really walk, which is bad, because I really need to be able to walk right now.
General rule of thumb for medicine is if the symptoms are getting progressively worse, time to see the doctor.

Which involves walking to the doctor. :(
Obviously I'm not there to see the severity myself, but if it's to the point you can't physically walk, then it's pretty serious, no? You're in the UK right now, right? I assume an ambulance service is low cost, if not outright free.

Wife called from work. Car suddenly started, then when she tried to turn it off and re-start it - it wouldn't start.

Manage to get it to crank and drove it to the local tire store/service shop.

New starter needed. $550. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

EDIT: Disregard this whine. Service shop found that the wiring connection to the starter had not been secured to the plug. No Charge. :heart::heart::heart::csi:

Last edited:
So lately I've had a couple episodes that involved pretty painful bloating, diarrhea, and vomiting. Went to see a doctor, turns out I've developed a moderate soy allergy.

Well, today I'm in a rush and picked up a protein drink for lunch. It didn't occur to me to check the ingredients list until after I had finished the drink. I'm not looking forward to the next couple hours.

Good news: I found my list deodorant from this trip and last.

Bad news: by I, I mean security found it in my backpack and it’s considered liquid :(

In total it was only 107ml so I got to keep it, but only after much consideration.

So lately I've had a couple episodes that involved pretty painful bloating, diarrhea, and vomiting. Went to see a doctor, turns out I've developed a moderate soy allergy.

Well, today I'm in a rush and picked up a protein drink for lunch. It didn't occur to me to check the ingredients list until after I had finished the drink. I'm not looking forward to the next couple hours.
Argh, soy allergies suck. My Spouse has the same and there is SO much out there that has soy in it. If you need suggestions for products with no soy, pm me and we may be able to help. A big one is bread, look for Dave's Killer Bread products, most of them are soy free.

A good resource is a friend of mine's website "livesoyfree" but for some reason it appears they're down or not configured? I'm just getting a blank page.
Might have to let him know.

--Patrick

So I actually got through the day pretty much fine. Got some mild abdominal pain, but never progressed to intense gas pain or vomiting. On one hand I'm very relieved, on the other I'm feeling a bit confused. Did a bit of reading and apparently there are multiple proteins in soy that can cause reactions, so maybe I got lucky and the particular soy protein I react badly to happened to be absent this time? I dunno, has me wondering if soy is actually the problem, but hey no vomiting! Yay!

Planned power outage. Up to six hours as they replace a transformer. And my room is on the sunny side of the building.

Fortunately there was a useable but out of order room on the shady side with better ac. So I was able to chill the room a bit before they cut power. Which just happened.

Might as well take a nap