Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

I'm just going to wait until tomorrow to clear things. I can't even get to my wife's car, let alone dig it out.

I don't understand the people cursing outside my apartment as they try to trump through the snow. Even if you make it to the lot and find your car (they all look identical right now), the lot's not plowed. The road's not plowed. The plows gave up this morning. They must be from places that don't get snow; that's the only reason that makes sense.

overhyped snowstorm.
Sez you, flatlander. :p

Even if I can dig my car out in the morning, I still can't get home. The guy who does our lawn used to do snow removal, and we hoped to at least get a contact for someone else to do it. But he's not taking any calls. So I'm stuck at work with 2 feet of snow in the driveway that's not going anywhere :(

Just went out to see if I could dig the car out even a little bit. Drift at the back is up and over the trunk lid. I at least dug out passenger side access and away from the exhaust. It's going to take hours just to get clear enough to move. I'm not expecting to even try to get home until Monday morning. :(

Just went out to see if I could dig the car out even a little bit. Drift at the back is up and over the trunk lid. I at least dug out passenger side access and away from the exhaust. It's going to take hours just to get clear enough to move. I'm not expecting to even try to get home until Monday morning. :(
Will they let you have a room since you're there? Can anyone check on your mom?

GasBandit

Staff member
Another day, another sound of an explosion with an accompanying 10 second loss of power. Welp, today I discovered which UPS needs replacing!

I'm okay if spring comes next weekend. I've been shoveling this shit for hours and I'm about to go back out because I still have a lot to do.

There are people in the parking lot who get out there and just stare at their cars, like they have no idea where to start.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

It makes me really...really uncomfortable when black men who are clearly around my age or older call me ma'am.

This was where I took a break at ~8am this morning...

Dug out in brief sessions, and by 11:30 I was completely clear. And promptly went to bed. :p

At least I should be able to get out of here in the morning. I haven't heard from mom or sister since then, so I don't know the status of the driveway or the side street I also park on.

Today is sunny, clear, a nice 15°C, and the tulips in my neighbor's terrace pots are flowering. What's that white stuff you got all over you, America? It's spring.

According to our yardstick, we definitely got over 2' in some places. It wasn't so bad in the spots where we can use our heavy-duty snow thrower, but spots like the front porch and back deck where you have to shovel...:censored: (Thankfully our cars are in the garage.)

But! Take the snow from the front porch to make a small hill on our front lawn that already slopes downward, and you get some great sledding!
sleddingsm.jpg

Speaking of internet vegans, all you people who don't do facebook also have to tell everyone.
At least they don't clutter up our Facebook feed about it. :trolol:

Most hypocritical of them post about it on Google+, though. That's a special kind of hipster self-important delusion.

Closest I got to the house was driving past it. Nowhere to park. Two feet of snow in the driveway and 6-8" of snow at the intersection to the side street I also use for parking. No commercial snow removal people available, and not really trusting the random dude showing up at the door. Especially not when mom's the only one home.

No improvement after going to Pittsburgh for records. Sigh. I'm back at the hotel. :(

30 inches of snow here, but since we live on the corner, the plows pile up drifts that are at least 4 feet tall. I hurt my back and legs shoveling.

There was frost on my windshield this morning. It cost me five minutes and I had to wear a coat. Now it is too hot to wear a coat and I'm stuck walking around with this coat like an idiot. I hate Winter, I'm never going outside again.

fade

Staff member
It was mid 70s and sunny in Houston this weekend. One of the nicest weekends in a long time, in fact. I kind of felt bad for you snowpocalypse victims. For about 10 minutes.