Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Sheesh, our sensei made us do our whole workout with a 5lb weight in each hand last night. I feel like Goku.
Weighted clothing training has become a "thing" since Dragonball Z. It actually works at building muscle and making movements easier, but a good vest isn't cheap.

Omfg, I just found out my daughter has not 1, not TWO, BUT THREE GOD DAMN SCHOOL CHOIR CONCERTS ON THREE CONSECUTIVE DAYS THE WEEK OF HALLOWEEN.

:facepalm::mad::eek::facepalm:

Last edited:
I am really tired of eating shitty food. Pizza, microwave dinners, burgers, and generally unhealthy food. My kitchen is finally unpacked, but groceries are another story. I'd love a salad.And the landlord/property manger hasn't cashed our checks (deposit, pet deposit, and first month's rent) yet! WTF lady I'm waiting on you! Next month I'm getting a money order instead of worrying that we're going to have problems.

I always wondered why there isn't more in-water training.

--Patrick
A traditional training method for Muay Thai Boran is to stand in chest-deep water with a number of coconuts floating around you and attempting to crack them with a punch or elbow. The resistance of the water, the bobbing, and the wake of your own movements make it very hard to strike cleanly, which in turn helps improve strength, speed, and accuracy.

fade

Staff member
I've tried water training for martial arts. It is done, but it doesn't work very well for normal training. You need gravity to maintain your stance, and to snap back after a strike.

I've tried water training for martial arts. It is done, but it doesn't work very well for normal training. You need gravity to maintain your stance, and to snap back after a strike.
It works pretty well as just a general endurance thing if you just, you know, SWIM but that's about it.

Well, the cider bottle I left on my desk on Friday that I thought was empty, was in fact still half full, and now I and my desk smell like I have been day drinking. YAY

GasBandit

Staff member
Affidavits, affidavits,
Affidavits,
Affidavits, affidavits,
Affidavits,
Affidavits, affidavits,
Oh, oh, oh affidavits.
Come on and rock me affidavits.

Affidavits, affidavits,
Affidavits,
Affidavits, affidavits,
Affidavits,
Affidavits, affidavits,
Oh, oh, oh affidavits.
Come on and rock me affidavits.
75% of the forum was under 10 years old when this song was released. I doubt many are going to get it.

Now it's going to be stuck in my head the rest of the day.

75% of the forum was under 10 years old when this song was released. I doubt many are going to get it.

I was around 5, but it got stuck in my head as soon as I read the last line. Thanks, Falco. That song is always an earworm. :confused:

I'm certainly blessed with the ability to fall asleep quickly and soundly. I've been told I don't move either so it's hard to tell if I died or not.

It was released the same year I was born.

But keep in mind that we're also nerds, this is common stuff for us to be aware of.

I'm one of those people who can, usually. I'm told traveling with me by plane is boring as hell because as soon as I'm buckled in, I'm out like a light and I don't wake up until the plane lands.
That's awesome. Now I want to travel with you. a whole flight of not-being-interrupted-every-half-hour? Excellent!