Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

"Not allowed?" Is there some weird facet of Canadian law that says fathers can never ever have custody? I know of at least 3 dads who have full custody of kids. Or is this just something she said? Also, you don't *have* to live as a family, there is such a thing as visitation. Don't limit your options to needing to be together if you want to be in the kid's life.
She would 'never allow' her baby to be taken away from her.

Having some understanding of the law, I know she doesn't have that right but it's infuriating just the same that she thinks she does.[DOUBLEPOST=1393821465,1393821381][/DOUBLEPOST]
Um...I hope you can hang around long enough (as in you aren't moving immediately) to go to the first OB/Gyn appointment with her. Both pregnancies I was given an ultrasound to confirm the viability of the baby -some time around the 8th or 10th week of pregnancy.
Well as she has decided not to have any contact with me ever again (at least for the next day or so given her wildly fluctuating moods), that may not be an option. But I am here until the middle of April at minimum which would be the 8th week.

I am packing books for my move. Over 400 books in four plastic totes (as I fear card board boxes not man enough to hold many books)...and I still have a lot more. I've even culled books that I'd like to keep!

What am i going to do?!! ;_;

I am packing books for my move. Over 400 books in four plastic totes (as I fear card board boxes not man enough to hold many books)...and I still have a lot more. I've even culled books that I'd like to keep!

Get more plastic totes!

Banker's boxes (or the Canadian equivalent) are excellent for packing books. They're even excellent for packing books, moving books, sitting in storage full of books for 6 years, then moving books again.

The best boxes I have found for packing books are either the ones used to ship 2x5gal spring water, or the ones used to ship 12-pks of motor oil. They are tough enough to take the load, but not so heavy that you can't move them around once you have them jammed full.

--Patrick

Related to my previous whine: I just unfriendly a dude on facebook I've known since elementary school because he joked about just burning my books.

He's always been 'anti book'. It's stupid. He was one of those dudes that sat in the back of class with his buddies and complained about having to read Animal Farm and called it 'too long' and 'childish'.

Been there, done that. Get as MANY plastic totes from the nearest hardware store/chain home store as you can.

Cajungal

Staff member
Related to my previous whine: I just unfriendly a dude on facebook I've known since elementary school because he joked about just burning my books.

He's always been 'anti book'. It's stupid. He was one of those dudes that sat in the back of class with his buddies and complained having to read Animal Farm and called it 'too long' and 'childish'.
"Too long?" Is the pamphlet about gum disease that he reads at his dentist appointment also too long? Is the ingredient list on a bag of raw, unsalted almonds also too long?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

And the award for "Most Tantalizing Yet Cryptic and Vaguely Creepy Post" goes to...
Is it me!? IS IT ME!!!?

She decided to terminate of her own volition, based on discussions with her dad. She wants to go back to school and make a bunch of changes in her life and a baby is a barrier to that.

GasBandit

Staff member
Is it me!? IS IT ME!!!?

She decided to terminate of her own volition, based on discussions with her dad. She wants to go back to school and make a bunch of changes in her life and a baby is a barrier to that.
I realize this is a tough emotional situation for you. As I've never experienced it, I can't know what you're going through, but I know the feels-whiplash must be brutal. I don't know your position on abortion, but I hope you won't be offended if I say this is probably the best course of action for everyone involved... and that now she stays the course for more than 2 days.

I realize this is a tough emotional situation for you. As I've never experienced it, I can't know what you're going through, but I know the feels-whiplash must be brutal. I don't know your position on abortion, but I hope you won't be offended if I say this is probably the best course of action for everyone involved... and that now she stays the course for more than 2 days.
I'm pro-choice for early abortion, and adamantly opposed to partial-birth/late term abortion. It is the best course of action and everyone who knows has said the same thing. Still hard.

Actually, I was surprised by my reaction. She came over to tell me after work and I just cried. I've wanted kids for a long time and never could have them with the ex. Then I finally get to a point where kids are a bad idea, and BOOM. I feel like it's a bit of a cosmic joke to be honest.

I'm pro-choice for early abortion, and adamantly opposed to partial-birth/late term abortion. It is the best course of action and everyone who knows has said the same thing. Still hard.

Actually, I was surprised by my reaction. She came over to tell me after work and I just cried. I've wanted kids for a long time and never could have them with the ex. Then I finally get to a point where kids are a bad idea, and BOOM. I feel like it's a bit of a cosmic joke to be honest.
To be fair, it doesn't sound like it was with the right person, though.

GasBandit

Staff member

From what I hear, your reaction isn't uncommon. You had something you didn't ask for foisted upon you, got just enough time to start considering the ramifications and mentally adjusting, then it's ripped from you. That's more than enough to reduce anyone to tears. Even though you know it's the right thing to do, it still hurts deeply. I know how that last bit goes.

Oh Adam. What a fucked up situation. I agree with Gas: you know in your heart of hearts this is ultimately for the best, but it hurts nonetheless. *hugs*

So everything's all lined up. Taking a 'vacation' to Vancouver to a clinic there for an early termination, versus waiting until 10/11 weeks locally. Gonna be a rough slog but have to do it.

Are you both going, or just her?
I'm taking her down. She hasn't been there before so I'm making a big deal about taking her down and showing her the city and a bunch of nice restaurants and stuff. Since we were splitting when I left, I had always planned on having a nice going away for her - I guess they both get wrapped up together.[DOUBLEPOST=1394131477,1394131420][/DOUBLEPOST]
Been there. It sucks and it stays with you forever. But it gets better with time.
I'm hurting a lot as I've been trying to have kids for 10 years, and like I said - finally happens unfortunately. My argument has been that I'd rather be a bad father by my own hand than by circumstance :(

Avoiding spoilers on a game is hard. Avoiding spoilers on a game that put a really irritating question within the first two minutes into your head when you know damned well you're probably going to find out way, way later what that was all about is just painful, especially when playing said game at the rate of about an hour a week.

Seriously, what the %#$* do you mean, he doesn't row?

(Don't answer. I know I'll find out. But of all the questions, this one is bugging me the worst.)

Avoiding spoilers on a game is hard. Avoiding spoilers on a game that put a really irritating question within the first two minutes into your head when you know damned well you're probably going to find out way, way later what that was all about is just painful, especially when playing said game at the rate of about an hour a week.

Seriously, what the %#$* do you mean, he doesn't row?

(Don't answer. I know I'll find out. But of all the questions, this one is bugging me the worst.)
Yeah that was sunk in my head too. You'll find clues along the way and halfway into the game you'll have a vague idea what it meant but you won't know the true meaning til close to the end. Don't ruin it. The story in that game is phenomenal.

fade

Staff member
Huh I just bought that too. I didn't think anything of that comment. I just figured they meant he was the tough guy sort.

GasBandit

Staff member
Huh I just bought that too. I didn't think anything of that comment. I just figured they meant he was the tough guy sort.
The clue is in the emphasis of the repetition.

"No point in asking him, he doesn't row.

He doesn't ROW?

No, he DOESN'T row."

As in, it's not in the script for him to row... or we're unstuck in time and already know how this goes, and in every timeline, it is constant that he is not the one rowing.

fade

Staff member
Oh goody. Yet another premiere about a kid with superpower or birthright who falls in with a rough, unwilling protector with a heart of gold. Pretty sure they come out with a new tv show, movie, or video game with that plot every three months.[DOUBLEPOST=1394505604,1394505303][/DOUBLEPOST]
The clue is in the emphasis of the repetition.

"No point in asking him, he doesn't row.

He doesn't ROW?

No, he DOESN'T row."

As in, it's not in the script for him to row... or we're unstuck in time and already know how this goes, and in every timeline, it is constant that he is not the one rowing.
Ah. I can see where that's going without even clicking the spoiler.

Elizabeth's AI is impressive.