Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

That is the one thing I hate about my current place of employment: the booths are worse than a cubicle.

You can usually turn around in a cubicle without knocking something over.

Cajungal

Staff member
Anyone else have sort-of-but-not-formal standing plans with their spouse every week? Jake and I usually watch a movie or play a video game on Friday night. I feel terrible for flaking, but my sister begged me to babysit for her tonight. I really don't want to, but I couldn't say no. She never gets to go out and do just what she wants without her husband or the kids around. So I felt bad for her and couldn't refuse. When I asked Jake if he minded, he said no, but he also seemed weird about it. He's usually really easy going when it comes to Friday nights, but I can't shake the feeling that I did something wrong.

I hate being this way. It's so hard to refuse helping people who ask when the only real excuse in my head is "I don't want to." I don't do it because I want to be liked or want people to "owe" me. It's just a compulsion I have. I feel like I'm being pulled every which way. I wonder sometimes if Jake gets the short end of the stick. He never asks for anything or complains. Maybe he's been feeling neglected and I didn't even know it. I try not to ignore him just because he's not the "squeaky wheel." Or maybe he's just having a bad day at work. Either way, I would have much preferred watching Rifftrax and eating baked potatoes with my husband tonight. And I feel gross now.

Anyone else have sort-of-but-not-formal standing plans with their spouse every week? Jake and I usually watch a movie or play a video game on Friday night. I feel terrible for flaking, but my sister begged me to babysit for her tonight. I really don't want to, but I couldn't say no. She never gets to go out and do just what she wants without her husband or the kids around. So I felt bad for her and couldn't refuse. When I asked Jake if he minded, he said no, but he also seemed weird about it. He's usually really easy going when it comes to Friday nights, but I can't shake the feeling that I did something wrong.

I hate being this way. It's so hard to refuse helping people who ask when the only real excuse in my head is "I don't want to." I don't do it because I want to be liked or want people to "owe" me. It's just a compulsion I have. I feel like I'm being pulled every which way. I wonder sometimes if Jake gets the short end of the stick. He never asks for anything or complains. Maybe he's been feeling neglected and I didn't even know it. I try not to ignore him just because he's not the "squeaky wheel." Or maybe he's just having a bad day at work. Either way, I would have much preferred watching Rifftrax and eating baked potatoes with my husband tonight. And I feel gross now.
so talk to him about it when you get home? Jake seems like a logical reasonable fellow, I am sure if you express to him what you have to us, he will tell you whats on his mind.

Cajungal

Staff member
so talk to him about it when you get home? Jake seems like a logical reasonable fellow, I am sure if you express to him what you have to us, he will tell you whats on his mind.
Yeah, I'm gonna. I have a feeling that no matter what he feels, he'll say it's no big deal. That's the kind of person he is; he lets things build and tries to just endure everything that bugs him. You'd think that would make him explosive at times, but he just kind of deflates after something wears on him long enough. I'll be leaving my sister's house relatively early, so we can still hang out after that, at least. Maybe I can take him to the new muppet movie, too. I know he's been looking forward to it.

Thought I was starting to feel better lately. But tonight I seemed to have crashed again. Feeling completely unloved. Fuck depression.

That's the kind of person he is; he lets things build and tries to just endure everything that bugs him. You'd think that would make him explosive at times, but he just kind of deflates after something wears on him long enough.
That sounds a lot like my husband. I hope you get a chance to hang out with him after sitting for your sister. I wouldn't have been able to say no in your situation either.

Cajungal

Staff member
That sounds a lot like my husband. I hope you get a chance to hang out with him after sitting for your sister. I wouldn't have been able to say no in your situation either.
It turns out he actually *was* ok; he had a frustrating day at work training new kids. We got to hang out and have dinner together, and tonight we're watching a Rifftrax. ^_^ S'all good.

GasBandit

Staff member
Ohhh I've done it now. Pizza rolls for lunch. I'm staring down the barrel of a huge case of heartburn. It's gonna happen, I can tell. Already took some tums, we'll see if it's enough.

GasBandit

Staff member
Some days, I feel likewise. Knock on wood, it isn't that bad, yet. My father's got it bad. Has to take his heartburn meds with just about every meal.

My patience is growing incredibly thin with people. I just can't stand peoples unwillingness to learn new things, and do what they're supposed to. You're ignorance is not cute, quit acting like it's funny. I'm tired of being nice about it.

GasBandit

Staff member
I still see Pauline in my dreams. It's like losing her all over again come the morning. I'm conflicted about the pain it causes, versus the thought of not finding her in my dreams anymore.

I've been rewatching babylon 5 lately too, and I just got to the episode where Sheridan tells his sister about losing his wife. "I'll see something on the news, and think, I have to remember it so I can mention it to Anna later! Or I'll turn to say something to her, and she won't be there, and just for a moment, I can't remember why." This is me and, in the parlance of our times, "I can't even."

I wasn't aware of this until tonight but if police are called in a domestic dispute where a partner assaults another, the crown automatically files assault charges and the victim has no say in it.

At best, all I could do was refuse to give a statement (sigh)

Such is the case in most states, too.... once primary aggressor is determined, the state will file charges.

Dude, I hope, whichever side of this you're on, that you're doing okay...