Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

I am an unusual fit, once in College I hit a goodwill type store and found a 3 piece suit and shoes that fit perfectly. My friend said, you know that somebody that is built just like you has just died... he was probably related.

I friggin' hate shopping. Shopping for clothes is one of the most stressful feelings I've ever had. I simply can't do it alone.

I roughly grabbed my cat the other morning. She was in my closet which is a big no no. The little shit twisted around 180 degrees and SANK her teeth and claws into my wrists. I was worried that it would get infected, but I have some serious anti-bacterial cream leftover from my chemo days. The area around the bite was bright pink for several days, but it never turned red. But the deepest tooth wound is right at the spot that my wrist lays on the desk while I use the mouse.

I'm glad you're showing such an interest in science, but Mommy hasn't had her coffee yet. This means Mommy cannot begin to fathom if a bunch of balloons (who knows how many is in the bunch and they are all "this big") could carry a 1 pound stool high enough into the air that the balloons would pop and send the stool flying back down to Earth. Next time wake up earlier and ask your father.

I'm glad you're showing such an interest in science, but Mommy hasn't had her coffee yet. This means Mommy cannot begin to fathom if a bunch of balloons (who knows how many is in the bunch and they are all "this big") could carry a 1 pound stool high enough into the air that the balloons would pop and send the stool flying back down to Earth. Next time wake up earlier and ask your father.
Are they African balloons or European?

Nngh... I have an empty 5 gallon bucket and an empty 3 gallon carboy and they're just sitting in my kitchen and mocking me every time I go near it. There's no way that I'd have enough time to start a new mead before our move in August, but there are other things I could brew, and I've been holding off but don't know why. I suspect that on my way home I'm going to be stopping at the grocery store to pick up some lemon juice so I can make some Skeeter Pee.

Cajungal

Staff member
Nothing reminds me to take my fucking birth control pill better than trying to work in my classroom after it's been overrun by the daycare kids and their ineffectual sitters. Jesus.​

I would never wish children on someone who didn't want them. I think it's great that you know exactly where you're at in life, and that you don't feel pressured into something that you're not comfortable with.

That said, I can't imagine a life without my daughter. :)

Cajungal

Staff member
I would never wish children on someone who didn't want them. I think it's great that you know exactly where you're at in life, and that you don't feel pressured into something that you're not comfortable with.

That said, I can't imagine a life without my daughter. :)
Thank you. :) Children are wonderful, fascinating people, and that's why I live to teach them. But I'm not done being footloose and fancy free yet.

It's nice hearing the parents on halforums talk about their kids. Makes me feel like it's a doable, not-so-scary thing. Eventually. :)

On the other end of it, you have what my daughter did yesterday. She and my wife had been out grocery shopping, and Jessie had bought Rhiannon some things to finish off her Easter basket. Rhi turned to Jessie and said "Daddy basket please?"

They came home, with Jessie intending to wait until Sunday to give it to me, but Rhi begged her, so I got woken by "Daddy, close eyes please," then "Surprise!"

So it's not ALL poop and cock rings... *grins*

Ceej, no matter how long you wait or how ready you *think* you are, you're never truly prepared for having your own child. This is not a negative. It's a learning and growing adventure that you will have, discovering things that you've forgotten, and learning new things every day. I wouldn't trade my adventure with my daughter for the world, but I am glad that we had her when we were 25, because we're in our forties now and able to do what we want to do and have the money to do it.

I've been thinking of having another.

Then today happens and I'm like WHY.
Take it from someone with 3, I'd give anything to have only one child. To give them my undivided love/attention/finances. Splitting that between 2-3 children instead of being able to give it to one is my only regret of having multiple children.

I've been thinking of having another.

Then today happens and I'm like WHY.

We have two and my wife and I are strongly considering a third. That's even after the potty training that took years off my life and hair off my head.

Take it from someone with 3, I'd give anything to have only one child. To give them my undivided love/attention/finances. Splitting that between 2-3 children instead of being able to give it to one is my only regret of having multiple children.

This sounds kind of... cold... but I'm sure it was not meant that way.