Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Choose one:

A) That won't happen until May, and even then it's not like every physician is going to instantly switch over to the new manual overnight.

B) Whew! Glad they found a way to cure it, and to think, all it took was removing it from the list of recognized conditions!
Yeah yeah, I know. Too many self-diagnosed people running around that asperger's became an excuse for shitty social skills. That's not to say that Asperger's doesn't exist or can be problematic for some people, but being an asshole != aspergers.

I ran a asphole community on LiveJournal called BSpergers. I don't know if it still exists because I can't check it from work; it was either bsperger.livejournal.com or bspergers.livejournal.com

The flak I got was AMAZING.

Yeah yeah, I know. Too many self-diagnosed people running around that asperger's became an excuse for shitty social skills. That's not to say that Asperger's doesn't exist or can be problematic for some people, but being an asshole != aspergers.
I always liked the people who called it asbergers or some other variation of hilarious misspelling.

Okay that was a good one I'll admit, but it just feels like they are wiping it off the face of history. Am I annoyed when people think thats the only thing about me? Yes, but it is still part of me none the less and I do have some pride in that as confusing as it may be.

Didn't SMBC do something about this?

Oh, here it is. Yes. Yes, they did.

--Patrick

The worst part about looking for a job is getting up early and seeing my dogs still sleeping on my bed. It's like they're taunting me. At least I feel like I've earned a nap later, though.

So WV returns can be e-filed starting today? Not exactly. Kept getting a generic error when I tried to file. Called support. They had me download and install standalone version instead of using web site. That version says I can't even start on the state return until next Friday. Support puts me on hold to investigate. Yep. Can't file with state until next week. :(

fade

Staff member
I wish I had an app that would tell me where to eat even when I have no freaking clue what kind of food I want.

My laptop boots up, I can get my desktop...and then it pretty much freezes. I get an error trying to bring up the task manager. I get an error trying to close the computer down by hitting the power button. I can't even bring up the power-down menu, so only way to turn it off right now is by pressing the power button for 10 seconds. I get an error trying to start msconfig. I tryied booting in safe mode with prompts, but halfway through it stops, freezes for a bit, then reboots into normal mode without explanation.
I can -just about- start a window of explorer, sometimes...But it usually freezes for long periods too.

As far as I can tell, not begin able to execute anything from the command line (it took more than 5 minutes to register "msconfig" and a few minutes more before it accepted my pressing the enter key, only to get the error a little while later), not being able to boot into safe mode, not being able to open a browser, and not able to see what the FFFF is wrong = computer not getting fixed easily. Damn damn damn damn damn
For the record, he seems to stop and reboot in starting safe mode when he gets to drivers/AlphaFF - but I have no clue what that is.

I have the AlfaFF fix thingie on a USB stick now, next problem is getting it onto the pc, since it won't actually start anything that can help me execute the file....
And I don't have a Windows disc, since this is an OEM, otherwise I'd be reïnstalling right now :p

Marching ever onwards...I'll get this fixed eventually, but it's my one free day this week :mad:[DOUBLEPOST=1358791645][/DOUBLEPOST]a-heh. Now I get error messages saying explorer.exe needs to shut down. Starting the windows explorer (and I'm aware explorer.exe is NOT the explorer but the actual program I see as desktop and start menu), I got a memory error because there was an I/O problem at 0xc0000185. Lovely. Guess Ill be taking a screwdriver to my laptop to look for loose cables.

Create a USB Boot Disk (There's a bunch of stripped down Windows XP boot disks on Thepiratebay). Use that and you should be able to copy right across, quick and easy.

I just feel like I'm in a rut. I haven't come up with a new idea, and the ideas I'm working on I don't know what to do with. I just feel empty.
Time to let the brain regenerate, then. I recommend reading someplace quiet.
You spend all this time creating stuff, now it's time to let other people show you their creations for a while.

Here's a start.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
But, but, I had to drive to lunch with the windows down and the sunroof open, because it was too cold for the air conditioner.
You think you got it bad in this punishing Texas January, my central AC at home has broken! I have to open all the doors and windows and turn on all the fans!

Was clipping my hair last night, shaving it down as per usual, I had done a good 1/3rd of the front - and the razor died.

Went to my backup razor and shaved the rest; except the other razor didn't cut it short enough so I had a large patch of very short hair surrounded by a little bit longer (and darker hair) all around it.

Frustrated, I ended up biccing the whole thing. I am an idiot.

idiot.png