Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

I am the exact opposite, through driving an entire Winter semester in a car with a broken heater cold temperatures are nothing to me. Freakin' convertibles man, they look nice but they go to shit mad quick.

I am the exact opposite, through driving an entire Winter semester in a car with a broken heater cold temperatures are nothing to me. Freakin' convertibles man, they look nice but they go to shit mad quick.
...he said, to someone who owns one that he's put about 60k miles on since getting it used from his father.

If you can get over the chattering from the roof - which, duh, is what you're going to get with any convertible - and you take care of it, you can drive it forever.

Oh, and it had a really good heater.

Oh, and it had a really good heater.
Well mine didn't, infact it was horrible and would've cost several hundred bucks to fix. And that was WITH closed latches. I'm sorry if offended those of the convertible life-style, but this Sebring was the worst car I've ever driven!

Damn straight! It also got complete shit gas mileage as well. Wish I could've sold it when I had the chance, but NOPE! The universe intervened...with a drunk driver hitting my passenger door. I'm fine, it happened a while ago but still I coulda sold this stupid tin-can to a collector for probably twice what my insurance was ! Such is life I guess.

My NYE plans fell through. :(

Spending my day doing laundry and deep-cleaning my apartment (have everything done except my desk and the bathroom! Whee!) and going grocery shopping. I have a really nice bottle of champagne that was gifted to me (my father got it as a gift but he doesn't drink champagne, so... lucky moi!) but I don't know if I should drink a whole bottle of champagne on my own. Dilemmas. I am cooking brunch for some friends tomorrow, I guess I could serve it --ooh mimosas. Though it's a quality bottle, I don't know if I'd be doing some kind of winesnobbery injustice by mixing it with orange juice...

This has been another addition of Leigh's Bullshit Problems.

While I'm at it: been having a pity party for myself all day about being single for so long.

WHINING COMPLETE! TO THE CLEANING SUPPLIES, ROBIN![DOUBLEPOST=1356996230][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh that's right I'm not Batman.

That also happens to be my car as well. You know how many Chrysler Sebring convertibles I see on the road up here? For a crappy car, they not only made a lot of them, they also apparently sold a lot of them.

Its because they looked really nice, no matter how inconvenient the design. I still remember the idiotic plus and minus design nubs. In any good car the plus and minus nubs should be right next to each and easily seen. In a Sebring however, they put them a small ways apart and they both look completely different! Its a minor complaint about the design, but it still irked me none the less.

Spent most of the day making stock using a nice lamb bone left over from a roast leg of lamb. Had it sitting on the stove cooling before going in the fridge so I could strain and reduce it tomorrow. My wife was doing dishes and the next thing I know she's asking me if I think the carrots and celery root will go down the disposal. Yeah... bye bye stock. Stuff had so much collagen in it it would have been pure velvet. <sigh>

If you can work on your own car, a Sebring Convertible is a great car. It is fairly reliable and there were enough sold that spare parts are cheap. You will just have to live with a lot of rattles, but that is what stereos are for.

Wow, and I thought it was cold here when it dropped from 28F to 4F in a matter of hours.

The chickens didn't freeze though, so that's a good thing.
It's surprisingly chilly over here (I'm sure the mountains are a factor..), we have similar temp drops all the time durning the winter months. And below zero isn't uncommon from Dec-Feb.

Oh, yay! That would be a bummer if they froze..and they probably would if they were over here and didn't have a coop or shelter.

I busted my knuckle Sunday while splitting some wood. Now when I make a fist, close my hand, the damned thing bloody-well hurts!
Busted knuckles fucking suck. I can still tell when there's going to be a change in the weather when the second knuckle on my ring finger starts to ache.

GasBandit

Staff member
It feels colder in texas at 40 degrees than it did in colorado last week at 30 degrees. Amazing what humidity will do.

fade

Staff member
It feels colder in texas at 40 degrees than it did in colorado last week at 30 degrees. Amazing what humidity will do.
Yeah, I lived in Boston for a while, and 9 degrees F in Boston was tolerable with a good coat and jeans. Humid 40 in Texas or SC cuts through whatever you're wearing like you're naked, though.

Bleh. I'm tired of splitting my off hours and getting nothing done. From here on out I might as well work on Moscow time. To me, it's not 6:30 in the morning, it's 3:30 in the afternoon. An hour and a half before time to go home.

This is the last weekend I have before I go back to work. I want to go target shooting but it is too cold and wet for the outdoor range where I can practice with my long arms. Can't use my long arms at the indoor range and my 1911 is still at the gunsmith getting tweaked. Le sigh.

You should do like I do with my doomies after a bath. Throw a bunch of towels on the floor and let them roll around in them to dry off.

I mean I remember just putting the most iota of pressure on the thing and it fell off. I remember the first time I ripped off a towel rack kinda vividly, it was in Elementary school and I think I slipped in the bathroom. So I tried to use the towel-rack to support myself...and fell down again but this time with a towel rack in my hands.

I honestly wonder some times if I was put on this Earth as a force of pure accidental destruction.