Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

I picked up a bottle of household cleaner that had tumped over in the bathroom cabinet, and apparently the bleach had eaten through the plastic neck seal, because it disintegrated in my hand and doused me with the contents.

I've scrubbed my hand pretty good, but my fingers still stink of bleach >_< it's distracting when I'm trying to work.
Just stop picking your nose

Dave

Staff member
Actually, if you DO pick your nose, the smell will be there and be pervasive. So much so that soon you won't even notice it.

I've scrubbed my hand pretty good, but my fingers still stink of bleach >_< it's distracting when I'm trying to work.
Wash your hands with a bit of Barkeeper's Friend or crushed Aspirin tablets, then rinse. Sodium hypochlorite (the active ingredient in chlorine bleach) is a base, so washing your hands with an acid will neutralize it. You could also wash your hands with vinegar or lemon juice, but that would make your hands smell like pickled fruit.

--Patrick

Day 5 of covid, I’m still alive. Energy levels low, getting my energy back is something I’ve never had much problem with. I’m also 52 now… my immune system has always been fairly rugged and this has been the worst bronchial type infection I’ve ever had. Worst side effect for me is that today is the first time since Sunday I’ve been able to stay awake for several hours in a row. Wife is doing fine, her last zpack will be tomorrow, but overall doing well.

Blue Bell Bullets popcicles are such a comfort to the throat.

Day 5 of covid, I’m still alive. Energy levels low, getting my energy back is something I’ve never had much problem with. I’m also 52 now… my immune system has always been fairly rugged and this has been the worst bronchial type infection I’ve ever had. Worst side effect for me is that today is the first time since Sunday I’ve been able to stay awake for several hours in a row. Wife is doing fine, her last zpack will be tomorrow, but overall doing well.

Blue Bell Bullets popcicles are such a comfort to the throat.
You were vaccinated, right?

I got an applicant who wanted to join my department, but I had to reject her based on her resume alone, and afterwards I did a bit of basic social media stalking and she's basically a supermodel, so now I regret my decision.

I got an applicant who wanted to join my department, but I had to reject her based on her resume alone, and afterwards I did a bit of basic social media stalking and she's basically a supermodel, so now I regret my decision.
She'd have fit right in at your department!

Was woken up to the news this morning that a woman I worked with for over 16 years passed away from Covid. She’d always had some breathing issues through the fall, and was fully vaccinated because of her history. She went into the hospital two weeks ago and passed away last night.

This virus doesn’t make sense at times.

*sigh* Fucking insomnia. Been severely depressed the last few days. Called in sick to work multiple times. Spent several days doing nothing but playing Civilization VI. Eating badly. Haven't shaved. Can't seem to pull myself out of this one. Why bother, anymore?

When I started getting insomnia due to stress and depression I started putting on some white noise when I went to bed.

I started doing the same when my neighbor started his last series of psychotic episodes. Put on 8 or 10-hour YouTube clips of Star Trek ambient noise, airliners, trains, etc. After he was gone, I just kept at it.

I've gone to sleep with music playing my entire life. It has almost always taken me 1+ hours to fall asleep every night, and it's longer without the soundtrack.

I fall asleep quickly and easily when rolled into a ball in my wife's arms, and twist and turn and worry and overthink in any other position. Safe warm place > anything else.

*sigh* Can't sleep. Again. I can't even remember the last time I actually worked. I've called in "sick" so many times because I've been so tired and depressed to do anything. Just been playing Civilization VI almost non-stop. Because what's the point? My life is pathetic.

GasBandit

Staff member
This week, I am on site commissioning the new audio processing and control system for the County Expo Center. Which is where they do the rodeo, FFA, and cattle judging and stuff, in covered arenas and pavilions.

There's no event right now but OH MY GAWD does EVERYTHING still smell like SO MUCH POOP.

My covid mask is doing extra duty, let me tell you.