Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

I shouldn't have to explain basic terminologies of time to my coworker.

Sometimes it feels like rabbit season and I'm a duck.

The only alt-rock station in town is switched to country.
Which is why I use Pandora. Currently listening to a nicely curated Sci-Fi/Horror themed surf guitar station. Seeded it with Dick Dale, Man or Astro-Man?, and the Ventures, and ran from there. Judicious use of thumbs pulled in the Coffin Daggers, the Ghastly Ones, and the Von Drats. Among others.

Dave

Staff member
I love Pandora but they keep playing the same songs over & over. I know I can listen to other stations but eventually they morph back into what I usually listen to.

I love Pandora but they keep playing the same songs over & over. I know I can listen to other stations but eventually they morph back into what I usually listen to.
Have you tried changing modes? It wasn't until recently I found Discovery mode that gave me more related artists I haven't heard before.

I love Pandora but they keep playing the same songs over & over.
Oh my yes. I have some good stations I've trained, but it's like I'm limited to the same 50 songs and nothing new. Every now and again, something new will pop up, but the pool of tracks is otherwise 90+ percent static.
Have you tried changing modes?
The different modes resulted in too much drift from what I was going for with the station.

--Patrick

Which is why I use Pandora. Currently listening to a nicely curated Sci-Fi/Horror themed surf guitar station. Seeded it with Dick Dale, Man or Astro-Man?, and the Ventures, and ran from there. Judicious use of thumbs pulled in the Coffin Daggers, the Ghastly Ones, and the Von Drats. Among others.
I would be interested in seeing this finished list.

I would be interested in seeing this finished list.
Right off the top of my head add Los Straitjackets, the Eliminators, the Blue Stingrays (aka the Heartbreakers), Tremolo Beer Gut, The Bambi Molesters (yes, really. They're from Croatia), the Blue Hawaiians, the Mermen, and the Neptunas (an all-girl surf guitar band).

Or just this link.

figmentPez

Staff member
Reddit attracts only the finest trolls.
Reddit only attracts the finest of trolls.png

I really cannot fathom why some users get so upset when a sub-Reddit's content isn't perfectly in-line with what they think the sub's name means. I've also seen users get pissed off on /r/SteamController when someone points out that that sub is for all things related to Steam Input, (especially since the Steam Controller was discontinued). Like, how dare an entire sub not be summed up in less than 20 characters?!

The amount of shit that gets reported by people who have clearly only read the name of the sub, and not the rules, is ridiculous.

GasBandit

Staff member
Reddit attracts only the finest trolls.
View attachment 38234

I really cannot fathom why some users get so upset when a sub-Reddit's content isn't perfectly in-line with what they think the sub's name means. I've also seen users get pissed off on /r/SteamController when someone points out that that sub is for all things related to Steam Input, (especially since the Steam Controller was discontinued). Like, how dare an entire sub not be summed up in less than 20 characters?!

The amount of shit that gets reported by people who have clearly only read the name of the sub, and not the rules, is ridiculous.
So very, very many internet nerds are Morts.

1625178536579.png

My first cat, Merlin, was hit by a car and broke the ball joint at the top of his right femur. I still have the little piece of bone and I damn will be buried with it.

It's been 17 years and I still miss that monster.

A moth just smacked me in the face. I think it must have crawled in through the kitchen vent because now there's the lingering odor of fish :/

Or moths just smell like that, I dunno.

I promise I'll stop posting about Diomedes eventually.

I lost my godmother to pancreatic cancer around Easter. I cried more when Lucky died. WAY more. By several orders of magnitude. It's been seven months and I'm occasionally still reduced to a blubbering mess on occasion. Like now. So apologies if I ramble, but I needed to jot this down now. It felt important.

Pets touch us in ways that are... Unfathomable. They are our true companions, our closest friends... Our children. You gave Diomedes his best life, because he got to live it with you, HIS human. And in the end, after however many years of love, of warmth, of security and companionship, you were still there for him and did the HARDEST possible thing: You helped him move on. He loved you. He loves you still. Never, ever, in your darkest of moments, in your deepest of hearts, forget that.

Nick, I'm so, SO sorry for your loss, buddy. bhamv3's right, no one will hold it against you if you break that promise.

Also, that's a bloody fantastic statue. They did him right.

My sister in law's brother died this week. I tried to order flowers for the funeral. But I only found 3 arrest mugshots, a law suit by the Federal Government, and a lengthy hit piece by a major news paper about what a POS he was. Damn. I guess I did not really know the guy. Oh, and there was no obituary for him.

GasBandit

Staff member
Who's got two thumbs and is waiting on the filling of a prescription for a mildly painful (but mostly annoying) eye infection?