Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

GasBandit

Staff member
Are you supposed to be literally starving yourself here? Because I'm having visions of you passed out at work in a pile of your own drool desperately grasping for the ham that is just out of your reach.
Yeah. Pretty much all I'm eating these days is yogurt, carrots, and vaguely-chocolate-flavored protein water.

And the occasional bit of emergency ham.

I've lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks, so far. I have to lose another 15 or so by January, sez the surgeon.

GasBandit

Staff member
I hope the method by which you are starving yourself is doctor approved is all. :p
He was all "I want you to lose 20 pounds" and I was all "Shit, I wanna lose 200 pounds, that's why I'm here talking to YOU."
:awesome:

But yeah, I've got my own personal dietician now, and she gave me the diet I'm to follow, all the info typed up and whatnot.

Anything is palatable when mixed with enough strawberry sludge. Even rancid milk pretending to be pudding.
Maybe give quark a try, if you can find some. It's not bad plain. Easy to make, too, if you're so inclined.

Also, might be worth looking up protein fluff if you want something filling.

Last edited:
Super long and extra babyish whine incoming:

I've been coughing for over a month and my daughter has been for about three weeks. Two weeks ago, I couldn't get my doctor to take us seriously even though I told him how sick we both were and he knows about both of my immune suppression therapies.

Today, two weeks later, we're both coughing in his office and he gives us a very brief check over and says that our illnesses haven't gone lower and turned into pneumonia. WTF does that even mean? And then he gets up to leave. I had to fight to get him to talk to me about it properly using actual medical words and then I had to fight harder to get him to treat us. He was away the week before our first appointment and his colleague treated our son's cough, which was the same as ours, immediately. Our son was better really soon. The two of us didn't get prompt treatment and here we are, getting worse. We sleep all day, barely have any energy, brutal headaches and these wicked coughs. Hers in particular is awful. In my case, they don't like to put me on antibiotics due to my various drug allergies and because that means that I have to put my biologic on hold, but there are no such concerns for my daughter, she should have been treated weeks ago!

She was coughing so badly earlier that I was worried that she was going to choke. I stayed up with her until she fell asleep and I set her up for the night on the other end of the recliner because I felt it was safer.

In addition to being sick and worrying about our daughter being sick, I'm also worrying about being sick because I don't have any energy because I'm so sick and run down and it's really stressing me out. I have Christmas shopping to do, Christmas portraits to take/frame and drawings to do for my nephews. I'm too tired to do more than a few hours at a time and I'm running out of time to finish it and mail it there on time. These are all things that I want to do though. Things that I look forward to doing every year!! I love shopping. I love drawing. I love taking pictures of the kids and trying new things in Photoshop and seeing how creative and different I can make each year's photo gift for each set of parents. I lost all of November and all of December so far to being sick.

Enough is enough right?

Come slap my family doctor with me? Or be my lookout if you’d feel more comfortable with that?

Seriously though, thank you so much for offering. I’m hoping that things will finally simmer down now that I’m being treated.

I love Christmas and getting gifts ready, but I hate feeling rushed to do them all at the last minute.

I wish I lived closer so I could come over and help. Is there anything I can do?
It's really sweet and all, but I've told you before, sending Doomweasels over to help with the household chores really isn't productive. For one thing, they destroy more than they help, and for another, it should be painfully clear by now her and her daughter are allergic to Doomweasels.

Cook a fish fillet in the microwave, that'll cure yah.[DOUBLEPOST=1512743026,1512742938][/DOUBLEPOST]Cook a fish fillet in the microwave, that'll cure yah.

We have four cats, I’m sure the Doomweasels would be fine. Imagine all the cute photo-ops with Pud!
The weasels love cats. Specifically, they like to surround cats and just stare at them until they freak out and start running around like mad.

Then the weasels eat all the snacks.

fade

Staff member
Man, I ordered a newer iPhone for my son from eBay for Christmas. It said "5/5 mint condition", but there's a bright spot on the display. I went back and checked the ad, and I can see nothing in the pictures there, and no mention of any defects in the text. So, I have a feeling I'm in for a fight, unfortunately. Even if not, I sniped this one on a fluke with some lucky last second timing. I may not be able to do it again.

Here's the spot, and it's brighter in "real life". Top right, under battery indicator:

20171208_200651.jpg

Last edited:
Here's the spot, and it's brighter in "real life". Top right, under battery indicator:
Screen bruise, probably from having the display replaced but not tightening the screws over the display cowling down all the way properly OR leaving a screw to float around inside the unit and it got mushed up against the back of the screen once the screen was laid back into the enclosure. Did they tell you the display is not original? Otherwise that can happen from constant pressure to the front of the screen, but that's reeeeeally hard to do without somehow cracking the display itself.

You didn't say if it was an iPhone 7/8 or a 6/6s though, but the placement makes me think it's that screw in the center of the quincunx from a 6/6s.

--Patrick

Yeah, then someone was probably clumsy with a screen replacement, or else the phone was shaken around enough to vibrate a screw loose that decided to park itself right under that spot. Sometimes you get lucky and the spot goes away when the pressure is removed, sometimes it's a permanent thing. If it's not still under warranty then Apple will probably charge you $149+tx to replace it with a new one (unless it's somehow still under warranty).

--Patrick

fade

Staff member
Yeah, then someone was probably clumsy with a screen replacement, or else the phone was shaken around enough to vibrate a screw loose that decided to park itself right under that spot. Sometimes you get lucky and the spot goes away when the pressure is removed, sometimes it's a permanent thing. If it's not still under warranty then Apple will probably charge you $149+tx to replace it with a new one (unless it's somehow still under warranty).

--Patrick
After all that complaining, seller agreed to a 100% refund with no issue.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

I need to bitch:

I was approached by the kid's school to photograph an event to help them raise funds. I said yes and even waived sitting fees/charging for my time to take the pictures and then edit them all. I waived my fees so the school could make as much money as possible from the event. They asked me to book that day off in my schedule and I thought the job was mine.

They approached me months before the event and we discussed it many times and I was looking forward to it. As we got closer to the event, they got funny about my health issues and wanted to hire a "backup" for me just in case my health issues made me unavailable that day. I told them straight up that no photographer would ever agree to book a day off to be on standby for a charitable event. They got all fussy and said that they absolutely had to have a backup, so I offered to split the job with a second photographer so that there would a back for either of us and an incentive for the other photographer to get involved. I thought that was pretty damn decent of me seeing as they had already booked me and only me.

Minutes before they sent out the official notice to the families, they called me and told me that the professional photographer that they contacted about being my backup refused to be my backup as I had predicted. They also refused to leave their studio lighting, backdrops and Santa Suit if they were splitting the event. (This part is completely reasonable except for maybe the Santa Suit part). They also threatened to bail on the fundraising event completely if they were offered a better paying job that day unless they were given the entire job. So, minutes before they sent out the official notice to the families, they called me to let me know that they were replacing me with this "professional". They didn't ask me to be backup or anything like that. They just wanted her instead because they liked the sound of her professional lighting. Trust me when I say that a lot more goes into the quality of a picture than what kind of lights you use. And...the professional didn't offer to do it for free like I did.

I was pissed off for a bit, but I got over it. It really would have been a ton of thankless work and the amount of post-processing would have been horrendous.

Guess who called last night? The school. I guess the "professional" texted them last night and said that she wasn't feeling well. She said that she would try to make it to the event. So what was their first move? To call me! To offer me the job again? No, of course not. They just wanted to see if I would agree to be on standby again overnight. They probably would only have offered me the job at 6:30 am when they knew for sure that the professional really couldn't make it.

As fucking if!!! I of course declined. I'm all for helping the school out and all, but that was before they treated me like shit.

For the record, the professional also required that she receive free advertising in the halls at school if she took the job. She also asked for advertising on all the paper and electronic flyers, posters around town and all over the Facebook stuff. So even if I had stepped in at the last minute, the professional would have gotten all the credit for my work. I have looked at their Facebook photography page - my portraits are so much better so I don't want them getting credit for my work. Like I said, it takes a lot more than a few studio lights to take a good portrait.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

I got revenge though, when labelling brownies for the bake sale I priced the first eighteen at $1.00 but for the last two I priced them at $5.00.

Muhuhahahaha!

So much of your charity works goes unappreciated, even taken for granted. You're awesome for doing so much of it and it's crazy how people keep tossing away all your goodwill, drive you away. Their loss!
This isn't the first time that a volunteer group has been rude etc to me. I wish I understood why it's bothering me so much this time.