Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

fade

Staff member
Houston's forecast for this weekend:

Saturday: possibly record breaking highs above 80 degrees
Sunday: near freezing temperatures.

I kid you not.

This happened last year, too. I was outside fixing a broken window when the front came in. It was was amazing. Here I was sweating, and this delicious cool breeze comes in. Then another puff. Then another. Then full cold in minutes. The windows instantly fogged up. It was crazy.

We went from sensible winter yesterday with some snow to -30 with the windchill and crazy frostbite warnings today. Guess which day school was cancelled??

I want to go out for free Pokemon cards but am worried about wind burn.

Houston's forecast for this weekend:

Saturday: possibly record breaking highs above 80 degrees
Sunday: near freezing temperatures.

I kid you not.

This happened last year, too. I was outside fixing a broken window when the front came in. It was was amazing. Here I was sweating, and this delicious cool breeze comes in. Then another puff. Then another. Then full cold in minutes. The windows instantly fogged up. It was crazy.
Here's a link to that reddit thread where they show just how much of North America is slated to actually be colder than the surface of Mars.

--Patrick

Been 25F (-3.88c) here in northern VA for a couple days now.

Just started to notice ice clusters forming on the Potomac on my drive home today.

All of the snow around here is staying in the mountains where it belongs. Too bad my husband has to work all next week so we won't have time to go skiing.

All of the snow around here is staying in the mountains where it belongs. Too bad my husband has to work all next week so we won't have time to go skiing.
Couldn't you...I don't know, go skiing by yourself? Or is this one of those things like SCUBA diving that you're not supposed to do alone?

--Patrick

Couldn't you...I don't know, go skiing by yourself? Or is this one of those things like SCUBA diving that you're not supposed to do alone?

--Patrick
For one, I'd be bringing two kids. For two, fuck driving in the mountains, I make my husband do that. :p

My family bugs me about spending Christmas with them each year, always forgetting that I have to get that time off approved months in advance, and also not noticing that this will be ten years since I've spent Christmas in New York. There's a good reason--I like to get things done ahead of time and relax and enjoy the holidays. They like to put things off and stress and scream at each other.

I can't imagine why I keep passing that up.

GasBandit

Staff member
Argh, my favorite thumb button (button 4) is giving out >_< it's practically just rattling loose in its slot. This is my push-to-talk button! Annoying. Guess it's about time to buy another mouse. Hopefully the next one will last longer.

Argh, my favorite thumb button (button 4) is giving out >_< it's practically just rattling loose in its slot. This is my push-to-talk button! Annoying. Guess it's about time to buy another mouse. Hopefully the next one will last longer.
You could just be an awful person and roll with an open mic.

fade

Staff member
Advice: if you are going to descale the Keurig coffee pot, warn your significant other. Because you know what's gross? A mouthful of hot vinegar coffee.