Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Transmission in my take-home car shit the bed yesterday, WHILE I was riding code to back up paramedics fighting with a customer. Needless to say, I didn't make my call.

It had been slipping for a while, and I noted it to both the garage and my precinct's vehicle coordinator, both of whom said "Well... nothing to be done. Just keep driving it." It had 127329 miles on it, which is about the benchmark for 2007 Crown Victoria Police Interceptors transmissions taking a dump. I doubt seriously that they're gonna invest the $1300 to install the new transmission, so I am likely out of a car for a while.

This POTENTIALLY means that I'm getting one of the new Caprices that they've got squirrelled away, though... *drools*

Brakes in mom's car passed inspection in June. The same brakes that had been sitting for ~3 years. I get a vibration in the steering wheel at freeway speeds, and a WHUP WHUP WHUP like a flat tire when I brake from those speeds until I get below ~35mph. Crap.

my last car did that. It was a warped rotor. Did it from the day I bought the thing used.

Passed inspection every year until the last year, when I just simply got tired of the noise and replaced the part.

GasBandit

Staff member
Got a review copy of our next TV commercial. Owner CC'd it to the GM and I. Asked "does it look good to you guys?" I want to say "This is bad, this all is bad and lazy, and this entire thing was a bad idea, urgggghh" but radio monkey not say it out loud. Radio monkey not crazy, just proud. Radio monkey like Fritos.

Attempted to take a nap. Laid in bed for an hour with my eyes closed and nothing. I am going to be loopy as fuck later.

Sadly I have reached the point where I need to actually do shit with my day, and by the time I can try to sleep again, I will have broken the barrier between tired and overtired and I will be wide awake and more giggly than a teenage drunk.

fade

Staff member
I have not been able to take a nap since before kindergarten. My mind races during the day. If I lie down and the sun's out, I feel really weird.

GasBandit

Staff member
Sadly I have reached the point where I need to actually do shit with my day, and by the time I can try to sleep again, I will have broken the barrier between tired and overtired and I will be wide awake and more giggly than a teenage drunk.
... I'm gonna go make a backup of the DST server's save.[DOUBLEPOST=1441744112,1441744073][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have not been able to take a nap since before kindergarten. My mind races during the day. If I lie down and the sun's out, I feel really weird.
I have been blessed with the ability to sleep anywhere, anytime abarring situations of extreme distress. I frequently fall asleep sitting up.

Learning from drunk @Terrik already[DOUBLEPOST=1441744191,1441744135][/DOUBLEPOST]
... I'm gonna go make a backup of the DST server's save.[DOUBLEPOST=1441744112,1441744073][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have been blessed with the ability to sleep anywhere, anytime abarring situations of extreme distress. I frequently fall asleep sitting up.
My husband and daughter can both do this. It fills me with rage. At least my son feels my pain.[DOUBLEPOST=1441744489][/DOUBLEPOST]ALSO be grateful I was playing the game I created last night this morning, because I started the biggest forest fire I have ever seen, and then I made it worse because I set a campfire down too close to a clockwork rook.

GasBandit

Staff member
ALSO be grateful I was playing the game I created last night this morning, because I started the biggest forest fire I have ever seen, and then I made it worse because I set a campfire down too close to a clockwork rook.
Well, at least you didn't burn down the oh-so-plushly appointed base/fortress, right?

No, but I did turn into a giant asshole and started befriending pigs and then running them back and forth through traps. [emoji14]

From a purely outsiders perspective - and this just from your station's website and my brief listening to it online - y'all just scream "podunk mom and pop production quality."

Of course, I could also be describing my local ESPN affiliate out of Rothschild with those same words, so there's that.

GasBandit

Staff member
From a purely outsiders perspective - and this just from your station's website and my brief listening to it online - y'all just scream "podunk mom and pop production quality."

Of course, I could also be describing my local ESPN affiliate out of Rothschild with those same words, so there's that.
Well, that's what we are. I mean, I'm the only full time employee staffing that particular station.

Now I gotta get some Russian imperial stout.

But I'm in organic chemistry.

And I'm learning about isopropyl.

And how it kills you.

Whenever my mom hugs my son and says, "I'm really going to miss when you two are gone." I want to cry.
Whenever my dad hugs my son and says "I love you both." I want to scream.
I have to leave because the're kicking me out and they have the nerve to say that to me.

FTFY

Better stick to ethyl.
Also you should see if you can get your hands on some of this.

--Patrick
Ah ha. Oh yes, I've been having some of that. Got a couple months ago just because I thought the name was funny, and now get at least a bottle a week if I can. It's not always stocked at the local shop, but when it is, I grab some. Delicious stuff.

Delicious stuff.
Gotta be careful with it, though. Cranky took a bottle to a New Year's party but forgot 1) to eat something first and 2) the unusually high ABV. His evening started out very happy, then very uncomfortable, and finally very blurry.

--Patrick

Gotta be careful with it, though. Cranky took a bottle to a New Year's party but forgot 1) to eat something first and 2) the unusually high ABV. His evening started out very happy, then very uncomfortable, and finally very blurry.

--Patrick

And that's why I end up pipe bombing a bile-jarred Tank.

fade

Staff member
So I've had AT&T for years and I finally got sick of paying for it. I switched to that T-Mobile 10 gb per line plan for the same price. I don't know anything about the business practices of the cellphone industry but it seems like I won out. I expected slower speed but my LTE speed test went from 0.03 to 3 Mbps on AT&T to 20 on T-Mobile. This is a rant because I feel like I was scammed by At&t for the last 5 years.