Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Things I intended to do yesterday and today during my days off:
-Laundry
-Clean the apartment
-Maybe do some writing
-Yoga
-Read
-Get out of the goddamn house and do something.

Things I actually did:
-Nothing

Fucking hell, I'm a pathetic loser.
You're bitching about being able to get away with doing NOTHING?!? I would love a Saturday like that. Yesterday was filled with searching for a new washing machine, grocery shopping, cleaning house and walking the dogs. I would love a day to do nothing.

You're bitching about being able to get away with doing NOTHING?!? I would love a Saturday like that. Yesterday was filled with searching for a new washing machine, grocery shopping, cleaning house and walking the dogs. I would love a day to do nothing.

It was two days off from working an exhaustive jobs that leaves me so tired that I don't have the energy to do anything. Depression then set in this weekend and I did none of the things I wanted to do. All I did was surf the net over and over and play a little bit of games, like TF2 or something.

This is not a positive to me because I actually wanted to get those things done but didn't.

It's all about the intention. When you want to do nothing, it's great. When you have a list of shit that needs to get done but you procrastinate all your time away, it's frustrating.

-Laundry
-Clean the apartment
-Maybe do some writing
-Yoga
-Read

Things I actually did:
-Nothing

No, you're not.

They day isn't over yet. Go for a walk, please.

I know, though, man. Things to do, things you want to do, things you should do, things to do. And you don't have the activation to get up and do anything. I haven't done a damn thing I meant to do today. Shit, I still have a dirty pot on the stove from my lunch. Which is the only meal I've eaten all day.

I get it.

It's not like a Saturday of nothing where you relax. It's like a Saturday of nothing like you have fallen into a void where there is nothing and it is cold and empty and generally unpleasant.

It's all about the intention. When you want to do nothing, it's great. When you have a list of shit that needs to get done but you procrastinate all your time away, it's frustrating.
Also yes. /Krieger

It was two days off from working an exhaustive jobs that leaves me so tired that I don't have the energy to do anything. Depression then set in this weekend and I did none of the things I wanted to do. All I did was surf the net over and over and play a little bit of games, like TF2 or something.

This is not a positive to me because I actually wanted to get those things done but didn't.
That's me nearly every weekend. I have no money to go do anything, and no motivation to do anything when I do have money.

Doesn't help that my "daytime" hours are when everything is closed and everyone is asleep. To get those things done would wake people up and make them mad at me. So they don't get done. Once they get up, it's nearly time for bed, so things don't get done.

I'm just yanking your chain Nick. I understand what you have been going through and struggling with. I was just comparing trite things that I'm going through (except the damned washing machine shopping, commission salesmen get under my skin) and trying to get your mind rolling in a different direction. Obviously didn't work, and got others taking comments way too seriously. It is the damned whine thread after all.

This makes me feel so much better. I always beat myself up over how little I get done from my to-do list. It helps knowing I'm not the only one.

I'm just yanking your chain Nick. I understand what you have been going through and struggling with. I was just comparing trite things that I'm going through (except the damned washing machine shopping, commission salesmen get under my skin) and trying to get your mind rolling in a different direction. Obviously didn't work, and got others taking comments way too seriously. It is the damned whine thread after all.
Yeah, I definitely misunderstood. I didn't meant to take it too seriously, I just thought you had not.. understood... ... so I guess it's turtles all the way down. :D[DOUBLEPOST=1374457871][/DOUBLEPOST]
This makes me feel so much better. I always beat myself up over how little I get done from my to-do list. It helps knowing I'm not the only one.
Come wash this pot, I'll mow your lawn, or whatever. Laziness exchange = energy? Have we discovered perpetual motion?!

-Laundry
-Clean the apartment
-Maybe do some writing
-Yoga
-Read

Things I actually did:
-Nothing

Here is something I do if I've had a day where I've been inactive. I take 15 minutes and do something. Occasionally, I even set a kitchen timer. And, if I get in a groove and work longer, great, but if I don't, that's ok too -- at least I've done something.

Come wash this pot, I'll mow your lawn, or whatever. Laziness exchange = energy? Have we discovered perpetual motion?!
Ooo! Somebody get on this and Kickstart it or set up a site or something. I'd do it myself, but I'm...uh, I'm busy with other things at the moment.

--Patrick

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

I went through a box of old letters and keepsake-type stuff. Some of it was good. Much of it brought up a lot of painful memories, some of which I've kept buried for a long time now. Now I'm miserable.

Hey, cute girl who wants to go on a date... Thanks for telling me how excited you are... to sleep with another guy... Now I can't wait to meet you in person

Oh, wait, no. It's a different.

Where I don't really want to meet someone like that.

I mean, you're welcome to your sex life. But keep it among... people... who... you are not about to have a date with? Because it turns out I am not going on a date with someone who tells me they're excited to sleep with another guy. It doesn't make me feel... romantic.

Hey, cute girl who wants to go on a date... Thanks for telling me how excited you are... to sleep with another guy... Now I can't wait to meet you in person

I mean, you're welcome to your sex life. But keep it among... people... who... you are not about to have a date with? Because it turns out I am not going on a date with someone who tells me they're excited to sleep with another guy. It doesn't make me feel... romantic.

I've had a girl lie to me and say she was out of town, thereby cancelling one of our dates (after standing me up, so it was technically already cancelled), still checking in at Foursquare locations here in town, with another dude I'm 90% sure she slept with.

And then doesn't take the hint when I stop responding to her messages.

Bitch ain't worth it.

About a year after we broke up, I had a one night thing with my ex. She talked about this one guy she was sleeping with but who had a girlfriend, yet she had a crush on him, this other guy she was having sex with she didn't really care about but she liked thinking of the other guy while doing it, and this girl she was sleeping with because she didn't want to be alone.
Yes, I did end up having sex with her that night - I was lonely, desperate and depressed and shit. Wasn't stupid enough not to wear a condom, though, I mean, come on. A few months later she tried telling me she was pregnant and it was from that night, and err, I need that octopus "nope" picture in here. Heh. Last time I ever saw her.

A few months later she tried telling me she was pregnant and it was from that night, and err, I need that octopus "nope" picture in here. Heh. Last time I ever saw her.
Had a very similar thing with my ex in very much the same vein. Instead of a condom though, I've had a vasectomy. She tried the pregnancy thing and told her simply why she was a liar. It took months to hear from her again other than to talk to the kids (biological mother of my children of whom I have custody).

That's amazing. And horrible.
That was sort of what I thought, too. I wasn't quite sure I was reading what I was reading. "Oh, so... have fun getting laid... then..." (I did not actually say that. Although it could've been funny)
I've had a girl lie to me and say she was out of town, thereby cancelling one of our dates (after standing me up, so it was technically already cancelled), still checking in at Foursquare locations here in town, with another dude I'm 90% sure she slept with.

And then doesn't take the hint when I stop responding to her messages.
Charming.
Bitch ain't worth it.
Yeah. yeah.
About a year after we broke up, I had a one night thing with my ex. She talked about this one guy she was sleeping with but who had a girlfriend, yet she had a crush on him, this other guy she was having sex with she didn't really care about but she liked thinking of the other guy while doing it, and this girl she was sleeping with because she didn't want to be alone.
Yes, I did end up having sex with her that night - I was lonely, desperate and depressed and shit. Wasn't stupid enough not to wear a condom, though, I mean, come on. A few months later she tried telling me she was pregnant and it was from that night, and err, I need that octopus "nope" picture in here. Heh. Last time I ever saw her.
Had a very similar thing with my ex in very much the same vein. Instead of a condom though, I've had a vasectomy. She tried the pregnancy thing and told her simply why she was a liar. It took months to hear from her again other than to talk to the kids (biological mother of my children of whom I have custody).
No one has ever pulled that on me. I do like Gilgamesh's defense better. Condoms break, but I just imagine Gil arching an eyebrow and with a stony, even voice saying, "It's literally severed."

fade

Staff member
Worth noting too that that was mostly on the older style vasectomies. The one I got involved snipping, cauterizing, and tying off with titanium widgets. Which makes me like a partial, much less useful Wolverine.

I know that when every female character in every sitcom ever breaks up with her boyfriend, and then says in a frustrated voice "I hate men," that I cry a little inside, knowing that such sentiment is holding me back beneath a glass ceiling of institutionalized discrimination.

Pez, I strongly disagree with you on this. But I'm going to be 100% honest here: I don't think that we can have a discussion about it. Based on some interactions with you in the past, and your speedy attempt to hit the "Needs a lock!" rating on Ravenpoe's joke, I get the sense that you've made up your mind and you are very sensitive to hearing opposing arguments.

So let these comments stand in place of a defense of GingerHaze's blog entry. I feel a point-by-point examination of your comments would only lead to hurt feelings and angry words, and I just don't have the drive to deal with that.

Besides, this is a whine thread after all. Perhaps people should just be allowed to say their piece in here without critical response.

figmentPez

Staff member
Besides, this is a whine thread after all. Perhaps people should just be allowed to say their piece in here without critical response.
I'm not so much against a critical response as you are, but I do think this thread should be a place for people to whine without being mocked for it. Hence my "Needs a lock!" vote for Ravenpoe.

I dunno, if you want to be more serious about it, wouldn't it be better served in the Minor Rant/Rant thread? "Whine like a baby" indicates a certain lightheartedness, no? At least, that's the way I've viewed the three.

figmentPez

Staff member
I dunno, if you want to be more serious about it, wouldn't it be better served in the Minor Rant/Rant thread? "Whine like a baby" indicates a certain lightheartedness, no? At least, that's the way I've viewed the three.
I always took it as a place to whine about stuff that we know isn't having an impact on our lives, but still bothers us. But whatever, moved to the Rant thread, because hell, it bothers me that much.

I'm not so much against a critical response as you are, but I do think this thread should be a place for people to whine without being mocked for it. Hence my "Needs a lock!" vote for Ravenpoe.

I like you, Pez. You're a nice guy, but when things start to bother you to the point that you suggest people start shoving things into orifices (outside of the NSFW forum, where that's totally legit) it might be time to step back, take a few days off away from the internet, and cool down.

So I've been having fairly severe back/shoulder/neck/upper arm pain for a few weeks now (to the point where working at a desk is a no-go, and sleeping is an excercise in futility and frustration). Drugs (pain killers of all sorts and muscle relaxants) only slightly dull it, heat does nothing, ice does nothing, and stretching is far to painful to even consider attempting.
Finally went to the dr a week ago, was told to take (yet more) muscle relaxants and go to physio.
Went to physio on Monday evening. Tuesday was glorious. I could move! Things didn't hurt (at least in the morning).
Wednesday morning, all is well enough. Wednesday afternoon - worse than ever. Couldn't even move my head with out wanting to scream. So, off to emerg.
They're not sure what's wrong either (everything's all spasm-y, but other than that, no idea), so now I'm on an uber-strong muscle relaxant and a morphine derivative. Things still hurt, and I'm kindy dizzy and can't see straight, but I just don't care.

I'd really rather not be on meds and have things not hurt though.

So I've been having fairly severe back/shoulder/neck/upper arm pain for a few weeks now (to the point where working at a desk is a no-go, and sleeping is an excercise in futility and frustration). Drugs (pain killers of all sorts and muscle relaxants) only slightly dull it, heat does nothing, ice does nothing, and stretching is far to painful to even consider attempting.
Finally went to the dr a week ago, was told to take (yet more) muscle relaxants and go to physio.
Went to physio on Monday evening. Tuesday was glorious. I could move! Things didn't hurt (at least in the morning).
Wednesday morning, all is well enough. Wednesday afternoon - worse than ever. Couldn't even move my head with out wanting to scream. So, off to emerg.
They're not sure what's wrong either (everything's all spasm-y, but other than that, no idea), so now I'm on an uber-strong muscle relaxant and a morphine derivative. Things still hurt, and I'm kindy dizzy and can't see straight, but I just don't care.

I'd really rather not be on meds and have things not hurt though.
One time I had crippling back pain and they put me on some muscle relaxants and sosme devunt I'm thinking more ling but. I hope that doesn't happen to you. But if it does, please try to figure out what I needed to communicate so desperately, as I still cannot decipher it.