[Question] When was the last time you accepted a collect call?

About 5 months ago, my sister called collect (and talked way more than necessary), because her cell phone wasn't working. We pay for her pre-paid plan, and we found out that she sent an SMS that was charged (not part of the unlimited package). Her account balance was short $1.25 for the next month, so they suspended service. Her plan cost $40/month, cost of the single collect call = $33.

I think I made a collect call to my parents from Britain over a decade ago, but I've never accepted one (I've denied a few from the local jail, IDEK why but 2 random dudes called my number once each).

It's been a long time both placing one and receiving one.

However, we did use the collect call service to send brief messages before we had cell phones. Just like that commercial...

I did not make collect calls, but I made several phonecard calls to my parents. When I was in college long distance was incredibly expensive. So my parents gave me a number to dial that would charge long distance to their account. So it was basically calling collect.

A room mate in college had a friend that was doing time. He would call whenever he got lonely. I tried not to take his calls, but we room mates agreed to accept his calls and entertain him a little.

So it has been at least 25 years since I have made or taken a collect call.

My friend called me from the hospital with awful news :( Of course I accepted the call and I knew when he called like that is was going to be bad.

I think either Bush Senior or Bubba Clinton was President. And I wasn't working for the state at the time.

I think I had to once when I was a kid because I missed the bus, but that would have been in the early 90's.

I still walked home, though.