What's your personal 9/11?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matt²

What's your personal 9/11 day, life-changing, life-altering event? (for lack of a better term)

Mine in brief: (and this has been hitting me suddenly - just when I think I'm over it - in the last few weeks).. losing my mom very suddenly in 2000 to a very curable aneurysm.. if we'd only known what the symptoms were and had her had a MRI, we could have saved her in time.

Dave

Staff member
I've had a few of them, but nothing that suddenly brings me to my knees.

July 17, 1993 - Day I got married.
December 7, 1993 - Day my daughter was born.

But both of those events had build-up and were expected. So I can't say as I've had anything that was suddenly life-altering.

J

Joe Johnson

Probably the day my daughter was born. As much as I knew what was coming - I didn't really know what was coming. It has altered my life in a way that is completely different from how people generally describe it.

Also, probably the day I first "fell in love". Up till that point I really had problems with self-esteem, and couldn't fathom that someone might actually find me desirable. Yeah, that sounds pretty emo/melodramatic, but sheesh, it was pretty true.

GasBandit

Staff member
It was in summer of '89 and I don't want to talk about it.

But it is pretty much why I am how I am.

You worthless sons of bitches.

When I found out that the Boy Scout Camp counselor my pal Alex and I had befriended had been arrested for fondling a boy in his troop's ass.

D

Disconnected

When I found out that the Boy Scout Camp counselor my pal Alex and I had befriended had been arrested for fondling a boy in his troop's ass.
in his wut?

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

oh and
july 2004 my son opened the closet door
i have never learned so much.

Don't remember the exact date, but it was the day I flunked out of university.

It's okay though, I transferred to another one.

May 1st, 2010.

After years of messing about, finally got a steady job and started being able to actually build up a life of my own.

April 27th, 2003.

January 10th, 2005.

December 16th, 2009.

None of them were good things, but they sure as hell changed it all for me.

I suppose I should add April 10th, 2003 - the date my mother died. Saw it coming (breast cancer) but still.

W

Wasabi Poptart

October 28, 1986 - the night I was raped by my first boyfriend

October 27, 1996 - The day my grandfather killed himself

September 13, 2002 - Second date with my now husband. It's also the day I realized I was going to marry him.

Status
Not open for further replies.