Whats for Dinner?

Chicken fajitas with Spanish rice. I made the rice in my Instant Pot. I forgot I tried it before and didn't get a good result then. It's flavorless. I'll make it on the stove next time.
I've made this mistake myself. Sometimes there's no way around doing it the old fashioned way.

Posting just to tick off @GasBandit:

Whataburger. Honey BBQ Chicken Strip & Swiss Sandwich, with fries. And I'm going against my Midwesterner norm and having the spicy ketchup, too.

Amazon didn't show up in time for Koizumi-san, so I'm having this now. The bowl is a stepped-up version of the packaged one...

Been trying a lot of recipes from hungry-girl.com
Every one of them has been surprisingly good.

Cheeseburger "fried rice". The rice was actually cauliflower pulsed into rice-sized bits in the Ninja processor. I'll be damned if it didn't taste like a cheeseburger.

2018-05-21 18.35.56.jpg

That looks pretty good, but it also looks like it's drastically stretching the definition of "salad". Somewhat like that old Foster's ad:
It's very literally the definition of salad:
a cold dish of various mixtures of raw or cooked vegetables, usually seasoned with oil, vinegar, or other dressing and sometimes accompanied by meat, fish, or other ingredients.
Cooked veggies (yellow squash, zucchini, red peppers), raw veggies (cherry tomatoes), vinaigrette dressing made with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil, and fresh parsley. Accompanied by meat ;) My wife complained at first that it wasn't hot. And I said "I told you I was making a salad."

Hard to see in the photo, but there's about 25% more veggies than meat in the dish. But if you look close, you can see them between the meat pieces..there's a single layer of meat there on top of all the veggies.

Ate at Cheesecake factory. Had some low-carb, low-calorie shrimp tacos off of their skinny menu. Ate eggs and and bacon for breakfast. All so that I could afford the sugar cost of this bit of heaven:

2018-06-17 Limoncello Torte.jpg

Limoncello torte with strawberries. So very yum

Awww, look at you two challah-back girls*!

(*One of my Jewish girlfriends makes this and other terrible challah puns all the time.)

Cajungal

Staff member
Awww, look at you two challah-back girls*!

(*One of my Jewish girlfriends makes this and other terrible challah puns all the time.)
I've heard every challah pun in the book...and hope to continue heading them forever until I'm dead and my ears no longer function.

I've heard every challah pun in the book...and hope to continue heading them forever until I'm dead and my ears no longer function.
Oh, then you two would get along famously. She once gave a maid-of-honor speech at her sister's wedding that included the words: "I was going to make you a toast, but then I remembered we're Jewish! So instead, I'll give you a challah: HOLLA!"

We love her, but sometimes...:facepalm:

Cajungal

Staff member
Oh, then you two would get along famously. She once gave a maid-of-honor speech at her sister's wedding that included the words: "I was going to make you a toast, but then I remembered we're Jewish! So instead, I'll give you a challah: HOLLA!"

We love her, but sometimes...:facepalm:
Jews and Cajuns are cut from the same cloth.

that challah make you hollah
That bread make you fed
That egg make you beg
That braid make you swayed
That crust make you bust
That toast make you boast
That slab make you blab
That loaf make you rove
That slice make you rise
That crumb make you hum
That piece make you release

Man, I’m up way too early.