Whats for Dinner?

Lunch was a mixed bowl of cottage cheese, peanut butter, gouda, pimientos, hot sauce, and cold-cut chicken.

Dinner was a 4-egg omelette with a diced filling composed of leftover turkey, cheddar cheese, red peppers, banana peppers, and red pickled egg.

Cooking for myself is a great excuse to explore textures. Both were pretty good.

Lunch was a bowl of ramen from the local Aldi. Picked it up, tried it out.
Dinner, however, was shrimp and onion pizza.

--Patrick

. I'm sure it's delicious if you live there and it's fresh, but not at this distance!
Sadly, not really. This was probably my biggest/only disappointment when visiting NZ. All the "lamb" you want...If you don't mind that ti's actually pretty much mutton. 95+% of their lamb is exported, and they eat way older animals themselves as "lamb" as a result. Not that I mind mutton, but it's a far cry from real lamb.

My brother and his girlfriend moved in with me and i tried to show her that she was cooking burgers wrong - which she continued to do. So the next time she bought hamburger i made them for them and she loved how they came out but they were "too pink" for her. So today i just seasoned and prepped the patties for them and she basically left them raw in the middle.

...you can lead a something to something but you can't make it something
Steaks are safe to eat when still raw in the middle - not saying you should eat them like that, but it's safe to do so. If burgers are still raw in the middle they're not safe for human consumption.

I ordered from Fresh Tortillas, a local Tex-Mex style* place.

I tried a special: Chicken, bacon, and goat cheese burrito, with Tex Mex Spring Rolls and Nutella & Cornflake Empenadas.

* - yes, I know that in New Jersey, it's not authentic Tex Mex cuisine.

I ordered from Fresh Tortillas, a local Tex-Mex style* place.

I tried a special: Chicken, bacon, and goat cheese burrito, with Tex Mex Spring Rolls and Nutella & Cornflake Empenadas.

* - yes, I know that in New Jersey, it's not authentic Tex Mex cuisine.
:aaah::aaah::aaah::aaah::aaah::Leyla::Leyla::Leyla::Leyla:
I... uhmm... what?

You write what you're having for dinner on the calendar?
Yes, 2-3wks worth at a time.
How else would we know what to buy for groceries?
(this is our secret on how we manage to feed a household of 5 people for about $600/month)

In other news, ordered almond boneless chicken over rice for lunch today while traveling.
Received two pan-fried chicken cutlets and yellow rice covered in chicken gravy and sprinkled with sliced almonds.
...that was NOT "almond boneless chicken" by any stretch of the imagination.

--Patrick

Yes, 2-3wks worth at a time.
How else would we know what to buy for groceries?
(this is our secret on how we manage to feed a household of 5 people for about $600/month)

In other news, ordered almond boneless chicken over rice for lunch today while traveling.
Received two pan-fried chicken cutlets and yellow rice covered in chicken gravy and sprinkled with sliced almonds.
...that was NOT "almond boneless chicken" by any stretch of the imagination.

--Patrick
Nice, organization is always good. Have you ever thought of extreme couponing?

Steaks are safe to eat when still raw in the middle - not saying you should eat them like that, but it's safe to do so. If burgers are still raw in the middle they're not safe for human consumption.
Depends on how and where you get your burgers. Steak tartare is a thing, you know. And yummy.

Fridge is fine for Pizza Dough, but I find it's a HUGE pain to stretch out. What I really need is a person to SHOW me the best way to do it. I've looked at a few YouTube videos, but nothing's been all that useful. But my stand mixer's "one hour rise only" recipe that I then stretch out into a cookie sheet works really well for me. Not the best in the world, but still very tasty. We often put herbs (or spices sometimes) in it before the rise. Makes interesting flavours.[DOUBLEPOST=1478048383,1478047927][/DOUBLEPOST]
Alton Brown spilled the beans on his upcoming internet food show:

https://www.engadget.com/2016/10/30/alton-brown-internet-cooking-show/
Oh and btw, Squee!

drug out the food dehydrator and started a 2-lb batch of beef jerky. Not for dinner tonight, but so that I can make machaca con huevos tomorrow.

(Scrambled eggs, tomato, onion, jalepeno, and dried beef)

Yes.
My econ teacher was the sort of person who had filing cabinets full of coupons and could walk away from just about everything with amazingly little cash spent.
I'm not willing to invest that kind of time.

--Patrick
Me either, I'd rather spend my free time doing something fun.

As someone who has been stuck behind an extreme couponer when short on time and there's only one lane open, FUCK THOSE PEOPLE. :fu::rage::fu:
I would have just left my stuff and came back later, depending on what I was late for.