Whats for Dinner?

Tonight's menu is ham, baked sweet potatoes, and lima beans though I suspect I'll have to make another green vegetable for the other 3 people in my household. Also, homemade oatmeal raisin cookies for dessert.

I ate Indian before going to go see the Hobbit.

Had no issues.

Must be AMD drivers again.
Indian BUFFET

2 full plates of butter chicken will do that to anyone with lactose intolerance, but eets so delicious.

This fucking comic applies to you Jay, so often.

Carrot and Coconut Cream soup. The recipe called for pumpkin instead of carrot, but they didn't have any pumpkin at the store so I was forced to improvise. Still delicious, so it wasn't a total loss.

figmentPez

Staff member
Discovered a restaurant near here that has a lunch special of soup and two sushi rolls for $8. Tried it out and it's pretty good sushi, with cheerful and attentive staff. I will definitely be going back.

Chicken, kale, mushrooms, noodles. Simple meal, but good. Woulda liked the skin to be spicier, but I shoulda thought of that when I was cooking it. This is what finals do to me, they make me forget how I like my food!

North_Ranger

Staff member
Went out for dinner yesterday. Me and my parents. Decided to go back to that BBQ restaurant where I had the best burger of my life.

What we had:

IMG_1797.JPG

Mozzarella sticks and chipotle mayonnaise.

IMG_1801.JPG

Seared tuna, oven potato, steamed vegetables and dip.

IMG_1802.JPG

Pulled pork, coleslaw, corn and bread.

IMG_1804.JPG

Smoked bacon burger and fries.

Yummy.

Personally, I'm trying to decide between making homemade pizza for dinner, or another brisket. I'm thinking probably pizza, since we had brisket last night and roast leg of lamb the night before (I love after holiday meat sales at the grocery stores).

Been snowing since yesterday afternoon. Perfect time to use the day off to make a batch of Boston baked beans. Only minus was I was unable to acquire or make any brown bread to go with it.

Made chili had no beans :(. Since beans will double the amount of chili made, I decided to save it until I can go pick some up (yay ice).

figmentPez

Staff member
No pictures, because I so hungry I gobbled it up, but Trader Joe's has something they call a "soft pretzel stick" but it's really more like a pretzel sandwitch roll. Which is exactly what I made from it. Last time I got one I put some sausage on it. This time it was tuna salad with some unripened brie cheese. (Oh, and the tuna was packed in olive oil, which I brushed on the pretzel roll before toasting it in the oven. Yum.) Both were excellent, and I'm so glad I've got one more waiting for whatever I can dream up.

OK, here's what you do... you want put a light coating of water on the pretzel bread, then sprinkle a small amount of salt on it. Then you bake the thing until it's crunchy. I'm told this is how they make pretzels in Bavaria.

Spaghetti squash with an egg, sriracha, and garlic powder. It was good but mostly because sriracha and garlic happen to be amazing together. Definitely a combo I'm gonna use more often.

figmentPez

Staff member
OK, here's what you do... you want put a light coating of water on the pretzel bread, then sprinkle a small amount of salt on it. Then you bake the thing until it's crunchy. I'm told this is how they make pretzels in Bavaria.
Sounds tasty, but I'm not that into crunch pretzels. It got enough crunch to it just toasting it in the oven, and it was already salty enough for my tastes.

I was hoping to make shredded chicken for enchiladas, but I just looked at the time and that's not going to happen. So it'll probably be grilled steaks with corn and salad.

Sounds tasty, but I'm not that into crunch pretzels. It got enough crunch to it just toasting it in the oven, and it was already salty enough for my tastes.
Maybe I was too subtle. I was jokingly suggesting you should turn your deliciously soft bread into a terrible, hard pretzel stick :(

Cajungal

Staff member
Something light... Maybe a nice salad with romaine, tomato, an avocado. Between that pork roast last night and the monstrous turkey burger I ha for lunch, I'm feelin' a bit sluggish. That's the most meat I've had in a while...

figmentPez

Staff member
Here's what I did with my remaining soft pretzel bun:
2013_02_09 Teriyaki Chicken on Soft Pretzel with Unripened Brie.jpg

Teriyaki chicken with unripened brie cheese. The chicken was premade from Trader Joe's, but I made up a quick sauce for it with green onions, garlic, butter, grape seed oil, ginger, red pepper flakes, black pepper, soy sauce, lime juice and honey. Turned out really tasty.