Whats for Dinner?

Well, let's be real. Nutella is mostly sugar and vegetable oil. A high quality chocolate spread it ain't. I mean, it's great you've got fond childhood memories of it and all, but the rest of us are allowed our own opinions.

Pickle tweezers are 12" long and good for getting tiny things out of tight, hard to reach places.

Just thought I'd put that out there for anyone who might need to grab something tiny in a space where a finger doesn't quite fit.

As far as the poutine example goes, sorry but I will always claim Quebec poutine is the best simply because it is..... just like most Italian meals are amazing when in Italy, Greek food while in Greece, Asian food in their respective cuisines... etc.
I think you can find poutine as good as some of those Quebec versions outside of Quebec, just seems like nowhere out here is interested in doing so. Metro's poutine used to be an exquisite example compared to most others who just use shredded mozza (which is bullshit) but even they dropped the ball. Though, I fear it has to do with the owners probably letting go of their old, amazing, chef and just hiring any old asshole for cheap as a cost cutting measure. Hell, my favorite bar recently did the same thing (but that manager was fired and the old staff got rehired after massive complaining about the shitty new food).

O'Mailles once again has the best UK style bar food in the city. Bangers and Mash bitches.

We made stuff not-from-scratch! Garlic & herb Pasta-roni with cheesy mashed potatoes (also from a box!) and seasoned chicken (the frozen breast kind). Oh, and garlic bread! Nom nom nom.

Yesterday it was fajitas with thinly sliced portabella mushrooms, bell pepper, and onion for me. I made a chicken versions for Gen Spec. :) Om nom nom nom

This weekend I'm making breakfast casserole. It's layers of toast, hashbrowns, sausage, and cheese then filled with an egg milk mixture. I might make two versions and add spinach or other veggies to mine

It's a place called Duffs. Best wings in buffalo (and my personal favorite food). Best part is, those are their "medium" wings.

Well...the redness of hotwings usually doesn't denote how hot they are.

The suicide wings (wings cooked in a crushed ghost pepper crust and more he wouldn't tell us about) at my local pub are the single hottest thing I've ever eaten (so hot, I couldn't finish my pound and actually had to change my shirt from the sweat in the middle of winter) and they were kind of a pale pink compared to the regular hotwings' bright red.

Ugh, those wings are nightmare only meant for a bet.

Steak noodles and mushrooms. Basic dinner, but good none the less. By the way Cajungal what does alligator taste like? I remember having it only once when I was a kid and can't really remember the flavor.

A nacho cheese sauce that is mixed with jalapeno juice to give it an extra kick.
Ooh-hoo, those are good! Its hard to make home-made, gotta have the right ratio and everything due to the fatty milk acids usually dissipating the flavor. But when it works man, it friggin works.

Here we go.

This is "medium" spicy.

Resized IMG_1327.jpg

The lamb stomach and duck intestines were a 'specialty' for Chongqing. I won't say they tasted bad, but it wasn't probably something I would have ordered on my own. The beef was good though.

Resized IMG_1329.jpg

A) I didn't make any of it. Saturday is the night my daughter (age 6) cooks dinner.
2) There is no roux. (just a bit beyond her skill set so far)
iii) Those are red peppers and some diced tomatoes.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Hey, Pathfinder! The food looks good too...

Me, I made some spaghetti bolognese... or rather, spaghetti and a sauce made of ground beef and ketchup. Haven't made that in a while. Turned out pretty good, although just a tad too spicy. Must be that sprinkling of piri piri.

Okay, a week worth of food.... from Walt Disney World.

Spoilered so that you don't have to load them, lots and lots of pictures.