[Comics] What Manga are you reading?

If you never plan to read the Domestic Girlfriend manga, then just watch this video to watch the trashfire that the ending became.

GasBandit

Staff member
If you don't mind bandwagoners, and like Komi-san, Tomo-Chan, and... uh... Fire Force, I guess... then maybe you could check out "Hitomi-Chan is Shy with Strangers."

And I run across another blatant chinese ripoff. This time they almost carbon copied the Korean hit Manwah Solo Leveling. The title? The Blade of Evolution - Walking Alone in the Dungeon.
Weak hero gets killed in a Dungeon and then gets ressurected? Check
Gains a OP evolving power? Check
Only Hunters can enter the Dungeons via portals that spawn in random places? FUCKING CHECK!

The decades of chinese communism must have beaten out any kind of inspiration those poor people have.
They may be one of the richest nations on the earth (well, the communist party at least), but the poorest in the arts.
In comparison India has Bollywood, Nigeria has Nollywood and China? A ripoff Disneyland and artists that steal from others passing it of as their own,
knowing full well that their breatheren probably dont have the means or the knowledge to know that what they have is but a pale and cheap imitation.

After reading this week's Kaguya chapter, I just have to once again gush about how wholesome and wonderful it is, and how I love how often it makes me cry happy tears.

GasBandit

Staff member
1604092520159.png

The title is "A Manga About the Kind of PE Teacher who Dies at the Start of a School Horror Film"
Spoiler: He doesn't die.

Guys, I think the life of working nonstop pumping out artwork and stories at a rate that's inhuman might have detrimental effects on health.

Someone put together the amount of times in Berserk collections Miura mentioned being sick and how often he mentions only having 1 or 2 days off each quarter and it's staggering.

GasBandit

Staff member
The upcoming 4th season of Overlord got me thinking, "surely there's a manga of this, my favorite ongoing Anime?"

Well, I found it.

And the art is awful. Uuughh.

Manga Ainz vs Anime Ainz

1656033990342.png

Manga Albedo vs Anime Albedo

1656034194217.png

Manga Sebas vs Anime Sebas (look how they massacred my boy)

1656034299576.png

Manga Shalltear vs Anime Shalltear

1656034494867.png

And probably the crowning disservice of them all...

Manga Gazef Stronoff vs Anime Gazef Stronoff

1656033769918.png

wtf is that horse so pissy about

Everything just looks so... goofy... in the manga. I haven't been this discouraged since I tried reading the Overlord light novel and it turned out to be a bad fan translation.

The upcoming 4th season of Overlord got me thinking, "surely there's a manga of this, my favorite ongoing Anime?"

Well, I found it.

Manga Ainz vs Anime Ainz

View attachment 41875

View attachment 41876

View attachment 41877

View attachment 41878

View attachment 41874

Everything just looks so... goofy... in the manga. I haven't been this discouraged since I tried reading the Overlord light novel and it turned out to be a bad fan translation.
Honestly the manga doesn't look bad to me, certainly not what I would consider awful. But I've also never seen this, so I don't have the attachment to the anime

Well, I found it.

Manga Ainz vs Anime Ainz

View attachment 41875

View attachment 41876

View attachment 41877

View attachment 41878

View attachment 41874

Honestly the manga doesn't look bad to me, certainly not what I would consider awful. But I've also never seen this, so I don't have the attachment to the anime

No, it doesn't. There is always a difference between manga and anime. An anime adaptation usually use the most current design of the characters from later chapters. These pictures are all from volume one. Besides, there is always thee original drawings from the light novels.

GasBandit

Staff member
No, it doesn't. There is always a difference between manga and anime. An anime adaptation usually use the most current design of the characters from later chapters. These pictures are all from volume one. Besides, there is always thee original drawings from the light novels.
The light novel drawings look WAY better.

And this is not new territory for me. I read the Reincarnated as a Slime anime, I read Mushoku Tensei, and Kaguya-sama, and Saihate no Paladin, and many other Manga that are running concurrently with the anime... and the art difference has not been as jarring as it was in Overlord.

Seriously, a lot of the drawings of Momon/Ainz look like he was a latex Halloween decoration that got left out in the sun until he melted and collapsed.

GasBandit

Staff member
After a mere 40 chapters, "My Room is a Dungeon Rest Stop" has come to an abrupt end. It was a run-of-the-mill isekai apart from the titular twist, but I was kind of hoping it'd have some sort of story resolution. But it seems like the author has decided to drop it after hastily wrapping up the current subplot, leaving the major plot arc open and unresolved.

Shit happens, I guess.

I've basically dropped reading The New Gate, I'm a Spider So What, and even Reincarnated as a Slime isn't holding my attention anymore. I don't think I'm burned out on isekai in general because I still crave more Overlord and Mushoku Tensei, but I think these titles got so far out into the weeds that I've lost interest.

GasBandit

Staff member
Mangadex is updating Skeleton Soldier again! oooh!

Wait, they... skipped a few. There's a THIRTY EIGHT chapter gap between where it stopped and where it has picked up again >_< Uuuugh