What it be, dawg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question.

I'm constantly aiming to please everyone. I know that I can't make everyone happy, without making sure I keep myself happy as well..

Why am I so worried that shutting my phone off, and drawing all night, would bring about some sort of chaos??

ALSO!

I work, I go to school, and between the two, I'm left with very very little free time.

Should I just continue on my shoulder-to-the-plow, neverending sprint to finishing school? Or slow down a bit, and smell the flowers?

ALSO ALSO!

I love you, Dave.
I'm not a drinking man, but if you're ever in Northern California I'd like to buy you a beer, sir.

To me, I guess it would depend on how close to done you are with school. If we're talking like this semester and next and then you're done then I'd just stick to it. If you've still got like 2 years or something then I found that a break can help you get a better perspective and appreciate school a little more.

Also, just shut the phone off and if anyone asks about it tell them that you were not aware that it was off or something.

Dave

Staff member
I'm constantly aiming to please everyone. I know that I can't make everyone happy, without making sure I keep myself happy as well.. Why am I so worried that shutting my phone off, and drawing all night, would bring about some sort of chaos??
I, too, am of the sort that wishes to please everyone. It's impossible. What you have to realize is, making yourself happy will increase your confidence and make you more productive. The happier you are the more people will want to soak up those positive vibes so it pays off in the end. The secret to turning off the phone is to let everyone know that you are setting aside some time to draw and that you won't be able to be reached then. Let them know it is for your sanity. The ones who can't understand that are not worth worrying about.

I work, I go to school, and between the two, I'm left with very very little free time. Should I just continue on my shoulder-to-the-plow, neverending sprint to finishing school? Or slow down a bit, and smell the flowers?
This is a classic question and is why college degrees are so important. They don't show that you are the smartest or the sharpest, it means you had the perseverance and the drive to succeed. School is hard enough when you are young, let alone an adult working full time. But listen to me when I say this: If you back off and don't plow through it will be twice as hard to restart! It's what I did and I didn't finish my degrees until I was 40. As long as you are able to go on and produce quality work, keep doing what you are doing. The last few semesters are the absolute worst, but if you make it through you'll feel that much better about what you've accomplished.

I'm not a drinking man, but if you're ever in Northern California I'd like to buy you a beer, sir.
I don't drink, either. Buy me a Pepsi?

Status
Not open for further replies.