[Question] What is your favorite Christmas song?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed that.

Sorry, Sin.
Don't be sorry. I've been shouting that at my sister! I went in the car with her and it was just cristmas song after christmas song.

I usually have a rule of no songs until the first of December. This project requires rule breaking.

I just like to amuse myself.

I'm the weirdo that wishes Christmas music was socially acceptable to listen to year-round. I LOVE Christmas music and listen to it secretly through the year. <3 I'll round up some favorites later! <3

White Christmas, as performed by Bing Crosby; Silver Bells, as performed by Bing Crosby... you know what? Pretty much any of the classics done by Bing Crosby and/or any of the classics performed by whichever all boys choir is usually the best and/or any of the classics performed by whichever orchestra is famous for their brass sections. And Jingle Bell Rock.

M

makare

I'm the weirdo that wishes Christmas music was socially acceptable to listen to year-round. I LOVE Christmas music and listen to it secretly through the year. <3 I'll round up some favorites later! <3
Ok you and I totally need to get together. We can listen to Christmas music and do our nails.

I suppose non-english songs are rather useless in terms of your project, but I'll list my favorite christmas song. It is Varpunen Jouluaamuna (Sparrow on Christmas Morning), adapted from a poem by a finnish poet from the 19th century.

As it is in finnish, the video might be of little interest to non-finnish speakers, but I'll nevertheless put it here.

ElJuski

Staff member
trick question. Christmas music is all equally awful.

Okay, "zat you, Santa Claus?" That one is the best.

Say what you will about Zooey, but I've always loved her. :3

I like She & Him, I was super excited about their Christmas album, picked it up and was actually kind of disappointed. D: Sleigh Ride and Rockin Around The Christmas Tree were fun, but the album is all of 37 min long and ho-hum. The best description I have is Christmas music for a "warm Christmas".

This one isn't a favorite. This is just Jingle Bells on crack and it drives me crazy. Just thought I'd share with those who have never heard it!

See, I know (and quite like) the version by the Canadian duo:

Intersting that folks on both sides of the pond have picked it up.

I always found this version of Fairytale of New York easier to listen to than the Pogues version.
Not to pick a fight, cause to each their own and I can certainly understand how Shane McGowan's drunken slurring can be hard to listen to, but I can't stand this version.

Status
Not open for further replies.