What is your B-Grade super power?

One of my employees asked me this today. Caveats:

• Your power can't be strong enough for you to be a "main character". Sidekick level power at best.
  • You can only choose one
My answer: "Slapstick Lucky". I would like to avoid all danger, but in a bumbling and funny way. For instance, I trip and fall face-first into a pie, only to find out that I narrowly avoided the sniper's bullet, or I find myself choking on a steak, only to see the people around me dropping like flies from the poison gas.

Dave

Staff member
Anti-gravity/levitation. I can't fly, but I can make myself go up & down at will. I can push off stuff and move that way, but I have no control over horizontal movement.

The classic time-stop, that eats away at my own life if I use it for too long OR- flame breath but, I can only control the density of said and not its form.

The ability to eat ANYTHING. Arms that detach and can be used as clubs. Blowing myself into a big rubber ball. Changing the color of everything I touch.

fade

Staff member
One of my employees asked me this today. Caveats:

• Your power can't be strong enough for you to be a "main character". Sidekick level power at best.
  • You can only choose one
My answer: "Slapstick Lucky". I would like to avoid all danger, but in a bumbling and funny way. For instance, I trip and fall face-first into a pie, only to find out that I narrowly avoided the sniper's bullet, or I find myself choking on a steak, only to see the people around me dropping like flies from the poison gas.
Did you ever read Douglas Adam's Dirk Gently novels?[DOUBLEPOST=1409246832,1409246720][/DOUBLEPOST]
Anti-gravity/levitation. I can't fly, but I can make myself go up & down at will. I can push off stuff and move that way, but I have no control over horizontal movement.
I liked in My Secret Identity how he had all of superman's powers except flight. He could levitate, but not propel himself. He used the incredibly environmental propulsion of spray cans.

I'm sixes between being able to see in the dark, which would help my fear of the basement greatly.

Or having eagle vision where I could see things really far away. Which would be so helpful when I'm driving to a new place I don't know, ala 'Is it this street? I can't see the street name so I dunno and GAH YES TURN RIGHT NOW!'

I'm leaning towards Eagle Vision because I'm a terrible address finder.

See into the future by a couple of hours. It doesn't give you a lot of time to prepare, but it's a head start.

See into the future by a couple of hours. It doesn't give you a lot of time to prepare, but it's a head start.
I once had a gurps character that was a temporal theif. He could steal things from the future, but only from himself, and since general adventurer theory states that any equipment held in the future by an adventurer will be better than what he has in the present, this was always an upgrade.

So in a time of great need, he would simply pop briefly into the future, and swipe whatever amazing sword his future self was wielding before popping back into the past. Unfortunately, this almost always led to his past self appearing right after to steal said sword from him.

I always wanted teleportation. Just the ability to like... pop up at the pizza place near me, get my pizza, and then pop it back over a friend in a different state for movie night or something. Just for everyday, mundane things.

fade

Staff member
I had a friend in Boston who was really into Matter Eater Lad. She had a t-shirt and everything.

Exactly! As a sidekick, my super-heroine leader Mega-Tits would often send me into bars to drink the villains under the table to get them to reveal their plans!

All I can really want in a superpower is an ability to make children love doing homework, after the week I have had. ;)